Movies / TV Shows!

+
I love films made by Luc Besson expesialy with Jean Reno not this time tho , but Scarlet Johansson will be enough.

This year :

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the best movie by Marvel Studios so far yet. To think Captain America would be a much better driven movie than the more (overrated?) Iron Man and Hulk. Do catch it. The Winter Soldier despite barely having few lines, his scene presence is terrific, and he actually poses a threat.

Just saw the S4 premier of GoT. I'd say it was okay. I'm honestly more pumped for the season finale of Justified tomorrow.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the best movie by Marvel Studios so far yet. To think Captain America would be a much better driven movie than the more (overrated?) Iron Man and Hulk. Do catch it. The Winter Soldier despite barely having few lines, his scene presence is terrific, and he actually poses a threat.
That movie surprisingly keeps getting great movies. I'm seeing it tonight.

I didn't start reading the GoT books until the third season was done, so I'm curious if that is gonna make the show worse for me since quite a few on this thread seemed to think so. Guess I'll just watch and find out.

Last edited:
I didn't start reading the GoT books until the third season was done, so I'm curious if that is gonna make the show worse for me since quite a few on this thread seemed to think so. Guess I'll just watch and find out.
Also, it's a damn shame that GRRM most likely won't be able to finish the novels before the series, even if he kind of brought it on himself.

Well I think he might be able to do to finish them actually.

In 2015 they will start season five with book book four. If they continue at this pace they have set of two seasons per book...which to me is very unlikely considering the length of books four and five combined but still even then Martin would have four years to finish Dream of Spring if he releases Winds of Winter in 2015 and that's without counting the two years it would take the show to cover book six.

Personally I think they would take maybe 5 years in total to cover books four and five, since they will do so at the same time instead of dividing events, and with 2-3 years for book six then that gives martin a grand total of 7 to 8 years to finish the final book, and despite criticism he got for taking a long ass time to finish books four and five the longest time it took him was with book five, which was close to six years and it's worth remembering that he royally screwed up with four and five.

So Martin has time before the show catches up, though I don't think it matters a lot. I sincerely hope he doesn't die before he finishes them all, because I most certainly don't fucking want those imbeciles in charge of the show to finish the story despite them being given the ending by Martin.

Last edited:
I'm still a wee bit behind on Game Of Thrones as I haven't even finished Season 2 yet. I've been so busy trying to get through my games backlog, that I completely forgot about any TV! :wallbash:

Last edited:
Well I think he might be able to do to finish them actually.

In 2015 they will start season five with book book four. If they continue at this pace they have set of two seasons per book...which to me is very unlikely considering the length of books four and five combined but still even then Martin would have four years to finish Dream of Spring if he releases Winds of Winter in 2015 and that's without counting the two years it would take the show to cover book six.

Personally I think they would take maybe 5 years in total to cover books four and five, since they will do so at the same time instead of dividing events, and with 2-3 years for book six then that gives martin a grand total of 7 to 8 years to finish the final book, and despite criticism he got for taking a long ass time to finish books four and five the longest time it took him was with book five, which was close to six years and it's worth remembering that he royally screwed up with four and five.

So Martin has time before the show catches up, though I don't think it matters a lot. I sincerely hope he doesn't die before he finishes them all, because I most certainly don't fucking want those imbeciles in charge of the show to finish the story despite them being given the ending by Martin.

I can't provide any links to confirm this but I've heard that they might cram books 4 and 5 into one season, if that's the case he doesn't have much of a chance, and yes, you are absolutely correct in that he messed up 4 and 5, nearly 2000 fucking pages of buildup with no payoff, how that is even possible to do is beyond my understanding, the Theon and Davos chapters might have been the only redeeming thing about it. And yes, he's taken a lot of critique for taking so long but I don't think 'I gotta take my time to be able to write with so much subtlety and detail' is much of an excuse considering book 3 (which was my favorite) took him the least amount of time to write. I honestly just think he's grown tired of writing it at this point.

Last edited:
Limitless: Enhanced Edition.

Limitless was amazing up until the last few bits, unfortunately. I probably would've died to see a crossover, as I love both Bradley and Scarlett. Can't wait to see Lucy! :D

I'm glad Winter Soldier is getting good reviews. I've seen Capt America just a couple of weeks ago (yeah, for the first time) and really liked it, even more so than Iron Man, which had such a disappointing sequel I did not bother with the third one. In spite of it, I've gotta give it to Marvel, they're doing so many things right with the entire Avengers arc.

Oh but the third is better than the second, imo. :)

That's cool. I will see it eventually, just haven't had the desire to since it came out. Same with the Hulk... ahahaa, who am I kidding, I have zero desire to see the Hulk. Though I wonder if they're doing a full reboot, or if they're counting the Edward Norton one as the first.

That's cool. I will see it eventually, just haven't had the desire to since it came out. Same with the Hulk... ahahaa, who am I kidding, I have zero desire to see the Hulk. Though I wonder if they're doing a full reboot, or if they're counting the Edward Norton one as the first.

I think Marvel want to get as far away as possible from those first Hulk movies.

I can't provide any links to confirm this but I've heard that they might cram books 4 and 5 into one season, if that's the case he doesn't have much of a chance, and yes, you are absolutely correct in that he messed up 4 and 5, nearly 2000 fucking pages of buildup with no payoff, how that is even possible to do is beyond my understanding, the Theon and Davos chapters might have been the only redeeming thing about it. And yes, he's taken a lot of critique for taking so long but I don't think 'I gotta take my time to be able to write with so much subtlety and detail' is much of an excuse considering book 3 (which was my favorite) took him the least amount of time to write. I honestly just think he's grown tired of writing it at this point.

I very much doubt they are going to do that, way too many events.

What I meant by fucking up was he wrote quite a significant chunk of them then scrapped it all and started again from scratch because his original plan was to do a fast forward so some characters would age then continue the story...was a terrible idea and he realized it.

I think four and five are good books. I did quite enjoy them despite wanting to smash my monitor on every single fucking Bran chapter. Certainly there is no payoff but that's why this is a series of books: Payoff will come in book six.

As for him getting tired of writing them. Maybe, or maybe he's just stuck on it, writer's block happens to the best of them. Sometimes an author will be able to write down tens of thousands of words without pause while other times he or she will struggle to even write three down.

Not a big fan of these Marvel things, watched a few episodes of that Agents of Shield and it was just boring. The Avenger's were better when it was just Steed and Mrs Peel. That said i've not seen Captain America so that might change my mind, i'll look out for it now.

I very much doubt they are going to do that, way too many events.

What I meant by fucking up was he wrote quite a significant chunk of them then scrapped it all and started again from scratch because his original plan was to do a fast forward so some characters would age then continue the story...was a terrible idea and he realized it.

I think four and five are good books. I did quite enjoy them despite wanting to smash my monitor on every single fucking Bran chapter. Certainly there is no payoff but that's why this is a series of books: Payoff will come in book six.

As for him getting tired of writing them. Maybe, or maybe he's just stuck on it, writer's block happens to the best of them. Sometimes an author will be able to write down tens of thousands of words without pause while other times he or she will struggle to even write three down.

The problem is that there are too many minor characters and minor storylines to follow, "for a TV show". People complain even now, imagine trying to translate EVERYTHING that happens in book 4 and 5 to the show:

Mild Spoilers ahead:
-Cersei's trainwreck journey to paranoia,... As it was; definetely a fine read, but it has too many comings and goings in book 4, as Danny's plots and counterplots in book 5. They will most surely summarize these to the essentials.

- The Ironborn's Kingsmoot. Probably they will scrap it, and only show Victarion competing with Euron for the leadership... They could always stage the Kingsmoot without Asha, as they sent her ahead of time to rescue "her little brother", but I would place my wager on scrapping the whole thing altogether.

-All the plots and counterplots regarding Arianne Martel and Myrcella, back in Dorn.

-Brienne's fool's errand to save the Stark girls. As a read, great entertainment. But not very as a "hot show".

- All the stuff about Prince Quentin, ion book 5, which has an interesting build up, but all finally turn to naught... :p

These are just examples, but with the exception of the happenings at the wall, which has great stuff to translate into cinematography, there are many events that TV producers and executives will think as "dull and boring" for a TV audience...

If the producers catch up with Martin, he will just give them the essentials of the story, and they will follow thru... Martin has always stated that TV show and books are two different animals, so he is more likely to let them have their way with it (they will respect the spirit of it after all) and not hurry with his own creature, which are the novels.

Last edited:
I think the earlier seasons were better because there was more pay off per episode. They seem to be dragging things out too much. Nice brawl at the end though.

Top Bottom