Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel core i5-3470 CPU @3.20Ghz
8 Gigs of ram
Radeon HD 7870
I can run the witcher II with :
Texture downscaling : None
Texture memory size (Mb) : Medium
Shadow Quality : High
Number of Shadowed lights : High
LOD distance : Far
Bloom : Enabled
Light Shafts : Enabled
Anti-Aliasing : Enabled
Blur effects : Enabled
Depth of field (Gameplay) : Enabled
Vignette : Enabled
Wet surfaces Rain effect : Enabled
SSAO : Enabled
Motion Blur : Enabled
Cinematic Depth of Field : Enabled
Depth of Field (Cutscenes) : Enabled
Dangling objects limit : Disabled
Uber sampling : Disabled
Vertical sync : Enabled
Decals : High spec
Solid 60FPS
Edit: Windows 7 64 bits.
At what settings will i be able to run The Witcher 3 smoothly ?

Last edited:
@-Sorceleur

The thing about system specs for this game is they have not been announced, nobody knows for sure what they will be, and nobody knows for sure which resources will be limiting for the game.

Nobody can do anything but guess at the answer to your question. My best guess is that if TW2 performed satisfactorily for you on a second-tier system like that, TW3 will do the same, give or take a little.

Sorry i know you must have answered this question at least a hundred times, i'm just so psyched about this game and i'm sure you are too.
Thank you for your answer.

"According to Cyberland PC on Facebook, a source close to CDProjekt told them..."

That's what I call an authoritative source. Ploughing FUD.

Consoles performing in the "low" range for PC, that's at least plausible. Nobody should depreciate the graphics performance of the PS4 just because it's a console. They packed a mid-range gaming GPU into it.

Last edited:
"According to Cyberland PC on Facebook, a source close to CDProjekt told them..."

That's what I call an authoritative source. Ploughing FUD.

Consoles performing in the "low" range for PC, that's at least plausible. Nobody should depreciate the graphics performance of the PS4 just because it's a console. They packed a mid-range gaming GPU into it.

I suppose so, but given that CD Projekt claimed that the game will look similar across all versions it is a bit of a far cry from having low to medium settings when comparing console to pc.

I suppose so, but given that CD Projekt claimed that the game will look similar across all versions it is a bit of a far cry from having low to medium settings when comparing console to pc.

We already know from the GDC slides that e.g. fur will have special (low) settings on the consoles, so it was definitely some PR talk. Which is quite logical, given that already today console hardware is similar to lower part of the mid range of PC hardware, and the difference will be even more pronounced at the time of TW3 release.

I have no idea what to make of that article to be honest. The consoles showing the same quality as low settings on pc seems extremely unlikely and a 780 ti not even being able to max the game seems even more ludicrous.

This is to be expected. To repeat myself, imo TW3 will be pretty demanding on max settings (as it should be). John Mamais in an interview said that they are running TW3 on GTX Titan on max settings at 30 FPS (although without optimization), but imo they can’t optimize it so that the GTX Titan can suddenly run it on max settings at 60 FPS.
Probably you would need a monster of a computer to run TW3 on max settings at 60 FPS (as it should be), which doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to run the game on lower settings if you have a weaker machine.

If we are going to believe that article, the title is still somewhat misleading. Seriously what they think to achieve on 8X MSAA ? assuming additional eye candies like dynamic fur are also turned on (since they said max settings) it will be extremely taxing on GPU and will bring almost any latest GPU to knees. Note that Uber sampling in TW2 still hit GPUs hard so it's obvious that 8X MSAA will do the same.

The game is still 10 months away from release so I don't think it's 100% optimized right now. Also both AMD and Nvidia release AAA title exclusive drivers on release that considerably improve performance so I have my hopes high.

The game is still 10 months away from release so I don't think it's 100% optimized right now. Also both AMD and Nvidia release AAA title exclusive drivers on release that considerably improve performance so I have my hopes high.
They're 0% optimized right now because they haven't reached the optimization phase yet.

I just hope my PC won't melt, by the way if i remember correctly there's an "Auto-detect Best settings" button on the launcher of TW2 i hope it's included in TW3.

I think that if that would be the case and The GPU titan was the only way to play in ultra, I think it would be a mistake, but for my and hello everyone

They're 0% optimized right now because they haven't reached the optimization phase yet.

IMO there isn’t much that optimization can do, it’s not some kind of magic or wizardry. If the REDengine 3 is made properly (which is) than the game is pretty much optimized. The only optimization left is to reduce graphical fidelity that wouldn’t be noticed that much (like reducing the view distance from, i.e., 2 miles to 1 mile, or reducing the number of animated hairs on a wolf from 200.000 to a 100.000 or 50.000 and stuff like that).

IMO there isn’t much that optimization can do, it’s not some kind of magic or wizardry. If the REDengine 3 is made properly (which is) than the game is pretty much optimized. The only optimization left is to reduce graphical fidelity that wouldn’t be noticed that much (like reducing the view distance from, i.e., 2 miles to 1 mile, or reducing the number of animated hairs on a wolf from 200.000 to a 100.000 or 50.000 and stuff like that).
Well obviously they'll have to manage things like that yes but what I mean is, that will come later. Right now they're just stringing together effects and seeing how they work, it's not uncommon for a game under development to be running at even 15fps, because at that point performance isn't the focus and so getting 35-45fps right now is something I'll take as a good sign.

I think that if that would be the case and The GPU titan was the only way to play in ultra, I think it would be a mistake, but for my and hello everyone

Why would it be a mistake if TW3 needed the Titan to run it on ultra??
First of all, if you don’t have the Titan GPU (or any similar powerful GPU) then there is always an option to run it at lower settings. Secondly, if you want a great graphical fidelity then you need a powerful GPU.
And thirdly, I believe that devs at CDPR know what they are doing, and that they wouldn’t make a game that needs a powerful GPU that would look crappy. If they made a game that needs a powerful GPU to run it on max settings then that game will look fucking awesome and it would be worth any dollar spent on the PC rig to run it on max settings.

Why would it be a mistake if TW3 needed the Titan to run it on ultra??
First of all, if you don’t have the Titan GPU (or any similar powerful GPU) then there is always an option to run it at lower settings. Secondly, if you want a great graphical fidelity then you need a powerful GPU.
And thirdly, I believe that devs at CDPR know what they are doing, and that they wouldn’t make a game that needs a powerful GPU that would look crappy. If they made a game that needs a powerful GPU to run it on max settings then that game will look fucking awesome and it would be worth any dollar spent on the PC rig to run it on max settings.

Good , but it is your opinion, because they could put powerfull GPU, but titan no , it is a GPU very expensive(1000 euros) and 780ti 600 euros , and I think the standar or high grafics could be gtx 680 or 7870(similar gpu to PS4).

I want to say GPU titan no is a GPU standar that all the people its has in his houses and I think buy the game and change your GPU but one GPU very expensive for played ..... There are a one crisis and I think not is the good moment for that Buys, but all this is my opinion nothing more , And I don't want to disrespect anyone.
Eskerrik asko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom