Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh nice & thank you. I have only seen the screen shot of this go spies!! lol... Anyways I see nothing wrong with a little crossbow. They are simple and easy to use in real life, even my grandma could use one and she's dead. Anyways it is way better then the knives, traps and bombs that I never even used much in TW2. I think the risk CDPR took by adding this is welcome and fine by me as long as it looks cool and feels right when you use it. The knife camera aim system in TW2 was shit. But if they had the crossbow camera up close with an over the shoulder view with a smooth toggle zoom aim system or even an auto lock on system/option like gta v for people like me who dont want aiming to feel like a chore then so be it. Because this just might be a nice breath of fresh air in gameplay and should be pretty awesome if done right. All in all I think this is one of those things that we will like after we really get the chance to play it. It is a huge world and I am the first to admit that I love playing with swords and signs only but I might just want to use this for hunting or picking off a gaurd or two from a distance all stealth like every once and awhile. Just because it might not be in the books does not mean it didn't ever happen i.e. Your Life ;)

Last edited:
Interview with Percival Schuttenbach. Making Music for The Witcher 3.

http://vk.com/wall-14777224_66441

Community group "Vedmak" from VKontakte interviewed Christina Bogdanova, a member of a Polish group "Percival Schuttenbach". The Group has been creating music for The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt - the final part of the legendary adventures of Geralt of Rivia.

Gr.Vedmak : Hello. Please introduce yourself.

Christina : Hi my name is Christina , I'm from the group Percival Schuttenbach.

Gr.Vedmak : Nice to meet you. Tell us how you and your group joined CD Project Red team?

Christina: It's very simple . We received an invitation to participate in the creation of music for the game " The Witcher 3" by email. Later we discussed about the date of recording and soon after this, we visited their head office in Warsaw with the full instrumentation, and then began our work together .

Gr.Vedmak : Music for The Witcher 3 write only you or is there any other group or individual working with CD Project Red?

Christina : As far as I know, the music you hear in the game - a synthesis of our music and music of compositors from CD Project Red. I haven't heard anything about involvement of other musical groups.

Gr.Vedmak : What style of music will be in The Witcher 3? Will it mostly be an emphasis in the traditional folk style, as in the first game, or with a touch of orchestral music with folk, as in the second?

Christina : At the moment it remains in mystery and probably for distributors of music themselves. I can only say that the live instruments can be heard, but what about the percentage of samples are to orchestration yet difficult to speak.

Gr.Vedmak : Tell us about your work with developers. About their relationship with new people in the company, how easy is it to work with them?
*In general, what are your impressions of working with the studio?

Christina: I think it was one of the most enjoyable joint work in our history . Beside the fact that the creative process was easy and relaxed ( in the breaks we could have a rest : a cup of tea , read a book , chat with colleagues and even play games ) , we also learned a new " chip " , opened a new opportunities as recording instruments and individual approach. Working with guys was (and is not yet come to an end ) just wonderful ! And comfort in the studio allowed us to focus on the music and atmosphere of The Witcher at 100% .

(Record of the main theme of the game The Witcher 3)

Gr.Vedmak : While creating music for the final part of trilogy, have you a look at the gameplay itself ? After all, when you create a musical accompaniment in the game to feel the atmosphere of all regions and locations .
*How like the music from The Witcher 1 towards to The Witcher 3?

Christina : When creating the music we mostly did not use images from the game. Because of several reasons, such as skilful and logic . For example, in some aspects the creators wanted us to play here a "our motive , like at the concert... In addition, we recorded the music in different ways , see images , The Witcher posters in office ( walls themselves were imbued with the spirit of the game ) , therefore, create music , we first listened to each other and the game composers . And certainly it is not only a name of our group is called Percival Schuttenbach... Sapkowski himself running in our veins ," once said out leader Mikolaj . Very hard to say how and what in music will be different from the first game, of the third . This question will answer implementors sound or creators of the game . I'm not sure that I have the right to assess these things with the mind ! I really like the music from the TW1. And TW3 - while it 's sound great, let's see what will happen next.

Gr.Vedmak : Can you give us an audition or some music track from the game? Just a little bit ;)

Christina : We don't have new material and we're even don't have a rights on it.
*But will be taken excerpts from our ready-made tracks (see below) , they will be slightly altered and will be taken fragments ( as in the trailer for VGX).

Percival Schuttenbach - Sargon

Percival Schuttenbach - Dziewczyna Swarożyca

Percival Schuttenbach - Jomsborg

Gr.Vedmak : Finally please tell us a few words of your own. Thank you.

Christina: I hope that you'll like the music you hear in The Witcher 3. I also hope that people will appreciate our modest contribution to this ambitious project . I would like to believe that we get turned this game into the world of The Witcher and complement the powerful beats and .... hmmm ..... its live instruments . We also look forward to the game with their fans and fans RPG. We would love to share with you a lot of our folk. If you feel the lack of it in the game " The Witcher 3" , then you are welcome on our concerts.. All the best and see you at the concerts !

Gr.Vedmak : Thank you for the interview, looking forward to the musical material from the game and The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt . Have a nice day .
*Questions: "Vedmak" community and Alexander Mikheyev.
*Interviewer : Geralt of Novgorod aka Alexander Mikheyev.
*Interviews gave Christina Bogdanova .
Specially for the group "Vedmak" .

Sorry for using GT, ask me if something not understandable.. :(

Last edited:
The Witcher games are visually stunning. In fact, in my household they’re the markers for when it’s time for a gaming PC upgrade. I was upset that Witcher 3 was delayed, but at least it gives me another year to save up for top of the range components. But CD Projekt RED is also using tech to optimize the load.
read for more here http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/the-witcher-3-wont-overload-your-video-card/

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GDC presentation slides & footage reveal world-building tech
read more at this link : http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/10/wit...on-slides-footage-reveal-world-building-tech/

Last edited:

Are you serious about the difference in graphics on PC and Console versions. Fans with consoles will try to avoid this game on PS4 or XB1. CDPR you better release it on PC only, where there is no scope of fans complaining or having a comparison or make the game look as closer to the PC version of the game as you can. After all many fans like me own a console and are eagerly waiting to play it.

So no Hairworks for consoles?:sad:

@Marcin Momot maybe you can answer if I ask in the right way:
Is the incorporation of Nvindia technology such as Hairworks something you consider in the develpment of TW3?

Are you serious about the difference in graphics on PC and Console versions. Fans with consoles will try to avoid this game on PS4 or XB1. CDPR you better release it on PC only, where there is no scope of fans complaining or having a comparison or make the game look as closer to the PC version of the game as you can. After all many fans like me own a console and are eagerly waiting to play it.

I really have no idea where on the link provided it says that so what are you two on about?

I really have no idea where on the link provided it says that so what are you two on about?
Yes they are just speculations and only time will tell us all how the game would be on all three platforms. The concern here is: if there is a lot of difference in the visuals of the game on three platforms then most fans will not be happy about it. You don't want unhappy fans do you ?

CDPR has Devs who understand gamers, you should be knowing this by now. We don't want The witcher 2.8 on consoles and The withcer 3 on PC. That's the only concern here.

I really have no doubt that CDPR will pull of great looking games on both PC and consoles but it's just not possible that they will look exactly the same, the hardware on the consoles vs current PC hardware are different levels. I think this is the first generation of consoles that has hardware which was already outdated as soon as it came out, although to fit it in that form factor and for a console it's still a serious engineering feat. It's approx a mid-range PC in a small box.

As a PC Gamer myself I'd want the Reds to push the visuals at the pinnacle of what they think is good enough for current/near-future hardware not scaled down to fit on whichever of the two(PS4/XB1) is weaker.

Yes they are just speculations and only time will tell us all how the game would be on all three platforms. The concern here is: if there is a lot of difference in the visuals of the game on three platforms then most fans will not be happy about it. You don't want unhappy fans do you ?

CDPR has Devs who understand gamers, you should be knowing this by now. We don't want The witcher 2.8 on consoles and The withcer 3 on PC. That's the only concern here.

Parity on all three platforms, that's what they've said. But, they are known for pushing visuals on PC. It's unrealistic to think consoles will have the same visuals. It's impossible.

I really have no doubt that CDPR will pull of great looking games on both PC and consoles but it's just not possible that they will look exactly the same, the hardware on the consoles vs current PC hardware are different levels. I think this is the first generation of consoles that has hardware which was already outdated as soon as it came out, although to fit it in that form factor and for a console it's still a serious engineering feat. It's approx a mid-range PC in a small box.

As a PC Gamer myself I'd want the Reds to push the visuals at the pinnacle of what they think is good enough for current/near-future hardware not scaled down to fit on whichever of the two(PS4/XB1) is weaker.

I will still wait for CDPR's answer to my question. It may be answered at now, E3 or when Pre-orders start or next year when the game is close to release date. The term "Weaker hardware" is not what CDPR will use for sure, seeing how optimized a few games are even on Last gen consoles.

"Optimization" isn't a magic trick though, the game will look as good as the hardware powering it, such is life in the x86 hardware architecture which both PC and the new consoles are using.

The game will look great on all 3 platforms, but PC is a platform of "options" so naturally there'll be a few things that will be better there but you will be satisfied with what you get on your platform of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom