Radovid VS Philippa in TW3 ( duh )

+

Radovid VS Philippa in TW3 ( duh )

• Total voters
Did anyone pay attention to the W2 ending when Loc Muinne is on fire, Radovid is looking on the city and some officer tells him: "You made it, sir"?
Radovid is weak.

I guess I will support neither of them if it will be posible. And if Geralt will be force to pick a side, I guess it will be probably Fillipa and Lodge (unless she will do some major decision I won't approve with).

Philipa, on the other hand, stands perfectly well on her own two feet. Sure, she got duped by Cynthia, but it was her honest mistake. But politically she dominates everyone in Vergen, even Saskia. I would say she and Radovid should kiss and make up, he sure can use a shrewd adviser.

LOL. She is already done. This honest mistake you mentioned, cost the lodge everything. Secrecy, was the only way they could have hoped to rule.

And I wouldn't call magical mind control a political domination.

Last edited:
well it's depend on the story progress, if both sides are equally "evil", then I rather not at all. just like a quote from geralt in the novel "Last Wish":
Evil is evil, Stregobor,” said the witcher seriously as he got up. “Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I’m not a pious hermit. I haven't done only good in my life. But if I’m to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all. Time for me to go. We'll see each other tomorrow.”

I disliked both. Radovid is a spoilt and angry child asserting himself against a world he doesn't really understand. He was mistaken in siding with the Order and Salamandra ~ and only averted chaos and disaster because of the intervention of Geralt and the Sorceresses, with Foltest's Garrison.

His hatred of Phillippa is understandable ~ but his decisions at Loc Muinne were just as misguided as those prior to The Witcher.

As for Phillippa ~ she manipulated and bullied her way into trouble ~ forgetting that an advisor's role is to advise rather than manipulate, or 'remove'. Assassination of Kings was never going to go down well, and secrets have a habit of coming out into the open.

In my opinion both are evil in different ways, both will have caused great damage to the world they live in. I find the Order to be more problematic overall though, so if push came to shove and I had to choose one to hinder more than the other I would side against the Order and Radovid. I don't like fanatics who believe they have the right to dictate the lives of others for their own gain, especially when a political tool, in the hands of an overgrown child.

Some have criticised Triss for "falsely" accusing Sile of being complicit in the assassination of both Demavend and Foltest, but I think this accusation is appropriate. She (and the other sorceresses of the Lodge, less Triss) set Letho to kill Demavend, making Conspiracy to Kill a given. The methods she used included providing tools, access to allies and travel methods that made Foltest possible to reach - her provided allies the Scoi'atel, provided the transportation used to escape from the city of the La Valletes, and shelter in the Forests of Flotsam, as well as additional forces to move the other members to Vergen where they attempted to eliminate Henselt.

This would be sufficient to make them accessories to murder, and attempted murder, although not in this case of conspiracy. Triss makes the connection between the three Kings, the Kingslayers and the tools used/provided by the Lodge, and concludes that both Foltest and Demavend fitted what she knew of the plan. I do fault her for not *mentioning* this possible complication when meeting Sile in Flotsam, although she didn't get a chance to check her suspicions before being forcibly removed by Letho.

Yeah, Phillipa is a great character, but I don't save her. But I also don't support Radovid. He seems a bit insecure, how did Foltest put it, the "midget king" ? I get the impression that Radovid has a bit of a napoleon complex and feels the need to prove himself. In general, that is petty politics to my Geralt. Phillipa actually saves Geralt's life, so if I have to choose between the two, I would go with Phillipa. But we're not buddies either, she is a deceptive witch who got caught up in her own web.

well i will say again & again , if i have to chose side with someone in TW3 is could only be Philippa
i don care that she will com back with revenge or anything like that , because no matter what is gonna happen in TW3 am was very willing to help her
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

for what i seen no matter in real life or in the game am believe most of the people is always chose someone that capable enough .( well depend on the situation I guess )

"& this is what i was thinking about this both character"

well radovid maybe the only king that capable enough in this war , but am feel he is insecure & emotional . for me am see him as younger king
who has lack determine & very less experience ( or even lack of exp) am see him is noting more then a her copy cat & without philippa at the beginning he may not even be a king as today ,

that is why am hate him so much for what he did to her & I don really care that she kill his father or not because the past is in the past no one can change it or being that time back . he is too sensitive

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Philippa well… she were bind now but she has a batter experience
she is more professional then radovid that for sure . she put every feeling aside to achieve her goal some may say she is cold ,but she have a heart like everyone else “ am even say is the heart of gold “.

she is a gray character her intention is unpredictable .( in my opinion ) she is the most reasonable & logical here . the best part of her in the books that she did try to kill geralt in the first place she just use him not kill him .

not like the other group that try to kill geralt like king henselt & etc .etc when geralt useless they just try kill to him with no reason at all .but the lodge…. is another story .

the lodge may take a high fall in TW2 but even her lodge still have to hide & running in TW3 as I said no matter what is gonna happen am was very willing to help her .hmm I think in TW2 they make her like a dark character ( well… a bit too much).

Another thing if i have to compere between her & radovid this both character is equally in both leadership & egoism . but in the feeling
i think philippa use her brain & logic more then her personal matter ( she just sometime hard to showing her feeling)

.But radovid he use has personal feeling then the other thing .( well in my sight he like a child more then a king )

(but you know not everybody is perfect , we always has to lack of something )

am love TW 2 ,but is breaking my heart because... i can not join the lodge or do anything for helping them at all .
is just…. feeling so sad ,

well… let just hope they will changing that in TW3

I'm not sure why either would be pursuing Ciri.

Philippa wanted to admit Ciri to the Lodge, then marry her off to a minor prince, so the Lodge could control her and her child. With the Lodge fragmented, that strategy is blown. And I don't think Ciri has ever figured into Radovid's strategy.

I don´t like Philipa beacuse she is manipulative playing only her own game and at the same time so cocksure about herself so she doesn´t even see her mistakes and all trouble she caused but I am not so sure if I want to kill her. Intresting character on Witcher playground indeed.

BTW in the books she is killed after torture and then she becomes saint. Now we have good oportunity to see her death in TW3 beacuse we have a) witchhunt or b)lodgemembers hunt. So it is quite likely she might get caught again and killed as it is described in books.

Top Bottom