Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Easter guys!

By Pisanka http://www.deviantart.com/art/Pisanka-448665144

Oh! Why don't CDPR make wooden easter eggs like this one? It's a GREAT treasure to find hidden in one's own garden! Or in one's own TW3 DeLuxe Edition

Spent all day spring cleaning and rooting up remnants of the past 5 years in my personal paper work, ie: taxes, vehicle history, student loans, LLC and escrow management, discovering ancient tomes and art supplies to gift to the local college students, washing my car, organizing files on my PC. Goddamn it was fun, now I think I'll get drunk.

Ugh, that reminds me the office needs spring cleaning. -.-

Spent my day at my favourite place, then proceeded to go home and get drunk and get on the forums.

Happy 25th Birthday, GameBoy!

That little unkown Nintendo did something they never had imagined.....

So the GameBoy is a few days older than me? Damn, I AM old, I remember getting the original "Grey Brick" back when I was around 5 or 6! I still have it along with the GameBoy Colour and Gameboy Advance around here somewhere! :geek:

So the GameBoy is a few days older than me? Damn, I AM old, I remember getting the original "Grey Brick" back when I was around 5 or 6! I still have it along with the GameBoy Colour and Gameboy Advance around here somewhere! :geek:

And look at you now: playing something like Thw Witcher Saga.... damned shameful!!! :harhar:

I played this trivia with my coworkers and it was kind of fun. Name a video game, movie and book first released in the year you were born. Replace video games with whatever else you like if you were born in the 60's or earlier. The point is to choose one (at least?) that you like or can relate to, not just anything.

Mine are:

Game: Tetris
Movie: This is Spinal Tap (drugs, sex, rock and roll and goofiness :p)
Book: Neuromancer

Edit:

My song would probably be "Nine While Nine" by The Sisters of Mercy.
Live on March 1985 (song is from 1984).
[video=youtube;JgCMX-OyGRs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgCMX-OyGRs[/video]

Thanks guys, this is entertaining. My other movies were Ghostbusters, The Terminator and The Neverending Story, but I chose Spinal Tap because, why not? Ghostbusters would have been a good choice too, being sci fi and humor.

Last edited:
Movie: Godzilla. The original, one and only. There were a few other good movies that year: The Caine Mutiny and Demetrius and the Gladiators, just to name two; the former is one of my all-time favorites, and the latter has one of the greatest ham acting performances of all time, Jay Robinson as Caligula.

Music: Elvis Presley sang "That's All Right", his first commercial recording.
Live on Louisiana Hayride:

Books: The first two books of Lord of the Rings. The third didn't come out until the next year, owing to the Charlie Foxtrot that Tolkien, Collins, Unwin, and a paper shortage made of the release. Also, and far better, James Baldwin, Go Tell It on the Mountain.

This looks fun. Ehm, let's see...

Game: Sonic the Hedgehog
Movie: Terminator 2
Book: American Psycho

Video Game: Civilization(Dos) and interestingly ID Software and Bungie were founded that year.

Books: American Psycho, which I believe I read in highschool. And Russka.

Movies: Silence of the Lambs and Terminator 2.

1991 seems to have been a pretty decent year for media.

No Video Games so I post an image and a clip.

Movies What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? Incredible female duel!

Song: Henry Mancini's Moon River (Hard to chose among other artist like Beattles, Elvis, Sam Cooke....)

And the book: A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

:hmm: I wonder if '62 was a good year after all?

OK.
Game: Well, video games are out. Going for Scalectrix, which I used to get the cute boy at school to come round to the house when I was 10.
Movie: Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Gotta love those killer B's.
Music: Que Sera, Sera. I hate the song, but my philosophy in life is Shit Happens, so this works for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom