Lords of the Fallen

+
I casually stumbled upon these two articles on gram.pl:

http://www.gram.pl/news/2013/08/30/raport-gieldowy-ci-games-ujawnia-obsuwa-konsolowego-alien-rage-rozczarowujaca-sprzedaz-sniper-2.shtml

http://www.gram.pl/news/2013/10/18/klopoty-finansowe-ci-games-prezes-bedzie-pobieral-miesiecznie-2-tys-zl-brutto.shtml

Google Translate being what it is, I'm not really sure of what i just read. Moreover, for some reasons the translated pages' layout is all messed up, I can't even see them properly :\

Do they really say that they are (were?) planning a trilogy, and that the game might be affected by CI Games' financial situation?

Cesco819 said:
I casually stumbled upon these two articles on gram.pl:

http://www.gram.pl/news/2013/08/30/raport-gieldowy-ci-games-ujawnia-obsuwa-konsolowego-alien-rage-rozczarowujaca-sprzedaz-sniper-2.shtml

http://www.gram.pl/news/2013/10/18/klopoty-finansowe-ci-games-prezes-bedzie-pobieral-miesiecznie-2-tys-zl-brutto.shtml

Google Translate being what it is, I'm not really sure of what i just read. Moreover, for some reasons the translated pages' layout is all messed up, I can't even see them properly :\

Do they really say that they are (were?) planning a trilogy, and that the game might be affected by CI Games' financial situation?

What they're saying is that the CI Games is in a bad financial situation due to Sniper 2 selling worse than expected and Alien Rage being a total flop, so they need to look for additional financing for Lords of the Fallen (and Enemy Front).

Pre-Alpha Gameplay footage with Tomek Gop narration. The game looks interesting, very Zelda like, with that Dark Souls feel somewhere there. Perhaps a little too easy, but then again this is a demo for IGN.

Oh, and I got to say Tomek's English has improved to the point where I hear no Polish accent whatsoever.

And stolen from GAF...

EDIT: Wooops, didn't notice that it was already here. Gomenasai !

Last edited:
Dark Souls is making fatrolling babies.

I have to say I'm more and more... unimpressed by graphics in recent video games. Is it a "Darksiders-Dark Souls-Lords of Shadows" mixed update? What's next? "Dark Fallen Lords of the Soul Shadows of Mordor" maybe? Making beautiful games with good art design and a sense of detail is easy nowadays. Making bold choices, creating new mechanics or writing a good story is what separates good games from junk. LotF looks so generic right now.

I want to have impressive gameplay mechanics and good, new, ideas and I've seen none here. The "phase meter" bar for bosses is a terrible idea for example; I don't want to expect something to happen by watching the UI.
The only thing that got me interested is the possibility for AIs to use the sun to blind the player (near 04:45 in the video), but I don't know if it was intended (that doesn't change the fact the monster is still trying to load his crossbow while the protagonist is one meter in front of him).

Last edited:
I can see your point Cheylus, personally I usually prefer a more realistic look than the stylised stuff, but i'm still hopeful for this. The background lore sounds damned interesting with the Fallen God and all, and the protagonist looks a bit more unique than the usual type. Hope the combat system is a bit more involved, i'd love to see a new Severance arise in a wave of blood, doubt it'll be that good though.

For the moment I shall allow myself to indulge in that most terrible and bitter of illusions, hope.

I have the nasty feeling I've already played this game before, more than once.
What does "Cada vittoria nasce da derrota" mean? Something like "Prepare to die"?

It looks like the "Aching Bones" trailer for Dark Souls 2.
Oh and the catch phrase on the thumbnail "Deal the pain. Never stop."

OK GUYS STOP IT, WE UNDERSTOOD YOU'RE TRYING TO MAKE A WESTERN DARK SOULS, PLEASE STOP.

Last edited:
What does "Cada vittoria nasce da derrota" mean? Something like "Prepare to die"?

Means "Each victory born of defeat".

And yeah, it looks exactly like Dark Souls 2 Aching Bones trailer.

[video=youtube;P-o2KMm-5tQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-o2KMm-5tQ[/video]

LOTF looks more and more like a game that delivers on what it promises. Not more but not less. That's something I can still appreciate, therefore I'm cautiously looking forward to it.

Agreed. It looks like a hybrid of dark souls meets darksiders.One article that I came across compared it to Dark souls & Borderlands. I can only assume that the borderlands similarity must be loot related. I.E. - Diablo/Torchlight.

I see a darksiders rese In my honest opinion, it is a good thing that it looks to be mimicking demon/dark souls. It is not like we have too many similar games compared to the souls series stagnating the industry.

As long as it is done right and without sacrificing it's own unique identity,I have no problem with the comparisons.

Last edited:
I really like this more than I ever liked Dark Souls.
May I ask why? (it's a genuine question, I don't want to start an argument)

I have a hard time seeing differences myself (I may be biased though, I am a little bit tired of DkS).
I've read an interview of the director of the game; when he was aked the differences between LotF and DkS, he said, aside from "technical details" (!), "LotF is on new-gen consoles and DkS2 and LotF don't have the same release date" (!).
http://gamestar.ru/english/lords_of_the_fallen_interview_eng.html
I understand he is trying to gain the attention of the Dark Souls audience (the last trailer speaks for itself), but aside from the expected technical update and the return of an ordinary storytelling, I don't see much more.

Last edited:
May I ask why? (it's a genuine question, I don't want to start an argument)
Well I could think of a few reasons I suppose but they're obviously my own personal preference:
Looks really good visually, physx effects etc.
Combat seems to be a lot more responsive and different enemies seem to actually require different tactics.
(Yeah people say that about DS but once you master parry....)
Nice environments, artstyle
A bit of plot to carry forward apparently.

Dark Souls is okay but I don't really enjoy myself so much when playing it, I'm hoping this will do some justice cause the core gameplay in DS is solid and this only seems to refine that.

This may not be a valid reason but... Tomasz Gop >_>
Gop Souls: Prepare to be gopped.

Last edited:
Top Bottom