The Tower of the Swallow : Yennefer..

+
The Tower of the Swallow : Yennefer..

I wanted to request or at least ask if there is any thread that we can talk and discuss the books? :l

--

The real thread is here:

In The Tower of the Swallow: Yen goes to that temple with Crate and somehow after she gets in a trance or whatever..she sees or at least remembers an event. Is that her and that was her mother who gave birth to a hunched back baby? Juanna or Juanash? I don't recall the spelling exactly now. So, was she born "ugly" and called a "monster" and stuff? that would make sense, since her imperfections made her turn to sorcery and be a perfectionist and obsessed with beauty.. I thought she became a hunched back woman because she is 94 year-old and that is just the typical witch image (like her true descriptions in the last wish) that's canceled by powerful magic.

Did I get that bit, right?

She was born hunched back, Geralt also sees it in the short story with the djinn in The Last Wish

She was born hunched back, Geralt also sees it in the short story with the djinn in The Last Wish

Born? :eek: I thought that description in the last wish was "her" but in her current age like that was her at the moment. :l I think I need to read that part again :/ so that her birth story then?

But he suddenly knew the truth. He knew it. He knew what she used to be. What she remembered, what she couldn't forget, what she lived with. Who she really was before she had become a sorceress.
Her cold, penetrating, angry and wise eyes were those of a hunchback.

She was hunchback since birth, then when she attended the school of magic, sorceresses had to straighten her spine and flatten the hump. :)

I'm almost done with the books but never passed anything that's about her past life much, except for that event which why I asked about it. I wanted to make sure it was her and not a thing in the future .. :l Well, that is Interesting!

Its already been a few years since i read it but. yes that was her childhood. as a child she was a hunchback quarter elf. her father was a drunk that abused her and her mother.

Its already been a few years since i read it but. yes that was her childhood. as a child she was a hunchback quarter elf. her father was a drunk that abused her and her mother.

waah what a life!!!

And yeah one more question: it is kind of hinted in the story that she had a relationship once with Crate, right?

Who? I don't remember this.

Do you mean the guy? :eek: it's in the Tower of the Swallow read that chapter where Yen is in Skellige islands. Their conversation together seems to have not been their first.~He is the Earl of these islands, Crach an Craite.

I just checked it for you, ch. 9

Last edited:
Top Bottom