No activation code included

+
No activation code included

I won a competetion on the internet and the prize was among other things the pc-game "The Witcher (Enhanced Edition)". I have now got the game box with all the material. 3 dvd-cases and 3 books. On the back of the game manual book there is a "CD Projekt RED product registration key" wich starts with RED. I thought "No problem.. Here's the cd-key".. But it turns out this cd-key is just for registering the game on the internet. But then when I launch the game it asks for an activation code too..! I have looked through all the pages of the game manual page by page. There is no activation key anywhere to be found. And I can't use the "CD Projekt RED product registration key" because it is of the format REDXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX and the activation code is of the format XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.I've searced alot on the internet and it seems that some countries have activation codes and some don't so maybe some of you won't be able to recognize this situation. Also I can't find anyone who have posted with the same problem as me in the FAQs.. There are some who can't find their serial key but that is the one for registrering on the internet. Not the activation code..Does anyone know where I can find this activation code? / where did you find yours?? Or maybe how I could get one? I have written an email to Atari but they have not responded yet.The pictures attached is what I see when I try to start the game. I tried using the "CD Projekt RED product registration key" just without the first 3 letters in front RED. But that is appearently not the way to do it.

DHP said:
I won a competetion on the internet and the prize was among other things the pc-game "The Witcher (Enhanced Edition)". I have now got the game box with all the material. 3 dvd-cases and 3 books. On the back of the game manual book there is a "CD Projekt RED product registration key" wich starts with RED. I thought "No problem.. Here's the cd-key".. But it turns out this cd-key is just for registering the game on the internet. But then when I launch the game it asks for an activation code too..! I have looked through all the pages of the game manual page by page. There is no activation key anywhere to be found. And I can't use the "CD Projekt RED product registration key" because it is of the format REDXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX and the activation code is of the format XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.I've searced alot on the internet and it seems that some countries have activation codes and some don't so maybe some of you won't be able to recognize this situation. Also I can't find anyone who have posted with the same problem as me in the FAQs.. There are some who can't find their serial key but that is the one for registrering on the internet. Not the activation code..Does anyone know where I can find this activation code? / where did you find yours?? Or maybe how I could get one? I have written an email to Atari but they have not responded yet.The pictures attached is what I see when I try to start the game. I tried using the "CD Projekt RED product registration key" just without the first 3 letters in front RED. But that is appearently not the way to do it.
what application is that?you run REGISTER.EXE to register your game, and in your profile you already registered it once

what application is that?you run REGISTER.EXE to register your game, and in your profile you already registered it once
DHP said:
I've searced alot on the internet and it seems that some countries have activation codes and some don't so maybe some of you won't be able to recognize this situation.
Yes I think it's strange too.. from what I can see on these forums most of the games only have 1 serial key. The one to register on the internet. Called a "CD Projekt RED product registration key" and located on the back of the game manual. I already did register on the internet with that one but the game appearently requires an activation code too.. as you can see in the pictures included..The first picture is what I see when I press "launch game".Does anyone have a game where you had to enter activation code? and where did you find it if you did?

DHP said:
The first picture is what I see when I press "launch game".Does anyone have a game where you had to enter activation code? and where did you find it if you did?
run witcher.exe from the witcher/system/ folder to run the game, and no, unless it's a digital download purchased game, you don't need another keytalk with those that gave you the game maybe, if it does not run directly with witcher.exe

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
The first picture is what I see when I press "launch game".Does anyone have a game where you had to enter activation code? and where did you find it if you did?
run witcher.exe from the witcher/system/ folder to run the game, and no, unless it's a digital download purchased game, you don't need another keytalk with those that gave you the game maybe, if it does not run directly with witcher.exe
Same result with running it from witcher.exe. Thanks for trying though I appreciate it :D There's a "Tagesclient.exe"-file in the same directory too.. I did send an email to the guy I recieved the game from. His response was that he would write to the game developers about the problem. But I figured maybe someone here knew something about this.It is not a digital downloaded game. I have all 6 DVD's of the game in original (The 2 game DVD's + 2 music DVD's + 1 PC bonus content+ 1 video DVD - Behind the scenes). And yes, my game does require a second key even though it's not a digital download purchased game... Witnessed by the pictures.

DHP said:
Same result with running it from witcher.exe. Thanks for trying though I appreciate it :D There's a "Tagesclient.exe"-file in the same directory too.. I did send an email to the guy I recieved the game from. His response was that he would write to the game developers about the problem. But I figured maybe someone here knew something about this.It is not a digital downloaded game. I have all 6 DVD's of the game in original (The 2 game DVD's + 2 music DVD's + 1 PC bonus content+ 1 video DVD - Behind the scenes). And yes, my game does require a second key even though it's not a digital download purchased game... Witnessed by the pictures.
can you reinstall TAGES as Administrator ?(run once to to uninstall and again to reinstall)

LicaonKter said:
can you reinstall TAGES as Administrator ?(run once to to uninstall and again to reinstall)
Yes I can. Actually it started by installing it when I first clicked on it.. Meaning it wasn't installed before. But I've tried installing / uninstalling and it still asks for a code.I just found out that what I have seems to be a beta-version.. Maybe that is why it's different..

DHP said:
Yes I can. Actually it started by installing it when I first clicked on it.. Meaning it wasn't installed before. But I've tried installing / uninstalling and it still asks for a code.I just found out that what I have seems to be a beta-version.. Maybe that is why it's different..
just run it so it's installed, don't uninstall itrun everything as Administratorwhat up with BETA? what program is beta?

There is a note in the game box saying "THIS IS A BETA BUILD TO BE USED ONLY FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES. SOME ISSUES MAY STILL APPEAR" then there's a list of issues that may be in this version but should not be in the final version.. the first one could have something to do with my problem:"1. Certain Games for Windows issues may come from Tages-protected witcher.exe file and from forced activation. These issues are not present in original game;"As I said I won this game in a competition on the internet - The competition was from a guy who reviews games so I guess it is his pre-release-copy that he shipped to me.
just run it so it's installed, don't uninstall itrun everything as Administrator
I tried with both - installed and uninstalled.. Both gave same result.

DHP said:
There is a note in the game box saying "THIS IS A BETA BUILD TO BE USED ONLY FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES. SOME ISSUES MAY STILL APPEAR" then there's a list of issues that may be in this version but should not be in the final version.. the first one could have something to do with my problem:"1. Certain Games for Windows issues may come from Tages-protected witcher.exe file and from forced activation. These issues are not present in original game;"
ohi can't realy help you with that :dead:talk with him

Well guess I'll just have to wait then. He emailed Atari 1 week ago and they still haven't answered. Slowpokes! :mad:

Hello DHPI have just the same problem. I have the witcher Enhanced edition exclusive pre-release.6 DVD's of the game in original (The 2 game DVD's + 2 music DVD's + 1 PC bonus content+ 1 video DVD - Behind the scenes).And only one Cd Projekt Red product registration key. I can register in this forum, but I can’t activate the game.I called to Atary Spain support and he said “write your problem in the http://www.thewitcher.com/registration/es/www/contact.html” OK. I write him some times about my problem, but never respond me. :mad: :mad: ???:mad:

LorenIII said:
Hello DHPI have just the same problem. I have the witcher Enhanced edition exclusive pre-release.6 DVD's of the game in original (The 2 game DVD's + 2 music DVD's + 1 PC bonus content+ 1 video DVD - Behind the scenes).And only one Cd Projekt Red product registration key. I can register in this forum, but I can’t activate the game.I called to Atary Spain support and he said “write your problem in the http://www.thewitcher.com/registration/es/www/contact.html” OK. I write him some times about my problem, but never respond me. :mad: :mad: ???:mad:
Exactly the same problem. Please tell me if you get any answer from Atari. I wrote an email at 11 dec 08 and still haven't got any response.

I have the same problem right here guys... I'm getting pretty desperate. If some of you have an answer, please let us know!Thanks in advance...

Arneroth said:
I have the same problem right here guys... I'm getting pretty desperate. If some of you have an answer, please let us know!Thanks in advance...
how many beta copies where there? did you talk with somebody?

Top Bottom