Witcher 2 Hardrive

+
Witcher 2 Hardrive

Hello I recently bought a SSD and re-installed Witcher 2 on my non windows storage drive problem is now the drive is called the Witcher 2 and when I try to rename it nothing happens. Also the Hardrive icon turned into the Witcher 2 desktop icon. Anyone else have this problem?

Tried to install it to the root folder of the SSD, I'm guessing. Or to the mount point of the SSD, if the SSD is junction-mounted. I'd start again, and this time create a subfolder on the SSD and install under that.

(Ignore the space calculation. That's based on your system drive, not the drive you're installing to. Bummer, a 1TB SSD would have been nifty.)

No no no haha I only have a 64gb SSD the 1tb is just my storage HDD with no OS on it and when I installed the witcher 2 on it that happend.

Pretty much is I bought a SSD for a boot drive had a 1tb HDD as my old boot drive formatted it to make it just a storage drive and reinstalled it on the 1tb with no OS and it renamed the drive the witcher 2 and changed the icon and when I try to change the name nothing happens.

Have you tried changing the name of the drive from the "disk management" window? Would suggest changing the drive letter from A: to something else (not b: either). From that disk management screen you should be able to re-assign drive letter's and names.
To get to the disk management window type "computer management" into your start menu search area, launch and choose storage - then disk management (local).

Hrm nothing seems to work, I find this very odd have others games installed on there. but the witcher 2 seems to have liked to claim the name of the HDD:p

Top Bottom