E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

+

E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jupiter_on_Mars

Assuming CDPR shows it at a big event... they'll do it in whichever conference they get invited to

Showing the game at Microsoft's for the second time might send the wrong message.
I doubt Sony would decline CDProjekt's offer to show it at theirs.

I don't think CDP are going to offer themselves though, MS are probably doing everything they can to keep witcher being closely xbox related.

But I would indeed love to see them at Sony's, in fact many people who commented on the previous E3 i remember had no idea the game was even coming out for playstation 4 asking for it and such (yes even when it's in the trailer), and just like that, on the other side, tons of MS fanboys were celebrating Witcher as if it was an exclusive, also not knowing it would be for PS4.

If I was in charge I wouldn't even had appeared in MS's conference from last year, TW3 needs all the help they can get for establishing a new Playstation fanbase.

Not a fan of MS, few websites published interviews saying they are horrible to developers, strict and expensive.

I thought MS new XBOX isn't supported in Poland, I dont see why would they want to go out on the stage again after this annoucment. Money?

Not a fan of MS, few websites published interviews saying they are horrible to developers, strict and expensive.

I thought MS new XBOX isn't supported in Poland, I dont see why would they want to go out on the stage again after this annoucment. Money?
'

It will be available in Poland before the game comes out. It may already be, I'm not sure.
It made sense last year for CDPR to go on stage with MS, or someone equally in the media spotlight, because it would have given them a lot more media attention than going up on their own, so it was, in theory, a win-win for everyone - MS got to bask in CDPR's glory as a prestigious developer, CDPR got a big, bright spotlight.

But I agree, this year it probably wouldn't be a good idea to get too closely associated with MS (or Sony, or any other product vendor, for that matter).

I'd rather CDPR show the game on Sony's stage. Not because I hate xbox or anything like that but because I think it would be insanely cool to show off remote play with PSVita.

In all honesty though, its probably set in stone at this point and I am ok wherever they go.

Xbox One will be available in Poland in September. This is by no means a confirmation of our presence at either one of the conferences (Sony or Microsoft). I'm just referring to the Xbox not being support in Poland part:)

As a true multiplatform developer i'd rather CDPR avoid sony or xbox stages. Choosing one or the other sends negative vibes to the fans on the other platforms. They need their own stage, it's high time for CDPR brand to mean something in the industry.

A CD Projekt conference with a pure focus on TW3 would be godly, if unlikely.

They've got 25 f*cking million dollars for marketing, they better have their own stage / event. Although, to be perfectly honest, I don't care. I just want to see the game in motion already (for longer than 3 seconds).

Last edited:
They've got 25 f*cking million dollars for marketing, they better have their own stage / event. Although, to be perfectly honest, I don't care. I just want to see the game in motion already (for longer than 3 seconds).

Amen brother, though Marcin does seem to suggest that something big is happening at E3, so I assume that we will finally see the game in more than just super short glimpses.

Jupiter_on_Mars

Xbox One will be available in Poland in September. This is by no means a confirmation of our presence at either one of the conferences (Sony or Microsoft). I'm just referring to the Xbox not being support in Poland part:)

But absence of confirmation is not confirmation of absence.

Unless they're ready to extensively showcase TW3 and even CP2077, having their own stage seems too grandiose.
And why would they showcase the game extensively to the public, thus depriving the media pros E3 is aimed at from the very privildlige that keeps them in business?

EA and Ubi can afford it plus they have multiple titles to show, so their own stage is necessary. It doesn't make sense for CDPR though.

Does it though? E3 is the last event at which CD Projekt can really sell the game to the American gamers and the sales of previous games showed that The Witcher games do not very much over there. They can do commercials, huge banners and god knows what else later on but unless I am forgetting something, all other events before release are more European centered.

Do you know how much a stage would cost (I'm thinking you mean a presentation stage like the ones the big publischers have, let alone a separate booth at the E3 floor. + the booth itself which needs to be built, sending devs there and arranging hotels, Hiring booth babes (maybe not necessary but it's likely they will have some) and any goodies they might give away. And then you need to get the presentation that CDPR will be giving on the stage on the web which requires a setup that I'm guessing isn't cheap either.

The E3 floor space is rather expensive, and a 25 million budget for marketing isn't that much I believe either, most games cost so much to make because of huge marketing budget. I'm guessing this will also be the reason I won't see any TW3 commercials on my tv when it is closer to being launched. (not that I mind, I'll buy the game anyway.)

And besides I doubt CDPR will be giving a presentation of significant length to justify those costs, since they will these and maybe talk about the TW3, and there is a VERY small chance they will tease something from CP2077. Other that these 2 games I don't believe CDPR has anything mayor in development, besides a unannounced mobile game and a unannounced A-game.

Pretty much what @jackalj said. Anyone thinking CDPR can actually afford to hold a presentation like the other big publishers at E3 obviously don't know the costs involved with running something like that. Let's not forget the other publishers are announcing multiple titles, from different studios.
Why would CDPR hold a presentation like that just for one game?

Top Bottom