Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What appointment is that? Get fired from your virtual job over at the spare arm parts factory?

I know, big dreams and such. I was a kid once too.

for example, or if you needed someone to be tracked, and the guy that would search for him says you will meet him the next day, and you're not here, there will be trouble, at least in CP2020, but I would like to have that in CP2077 too, I don't like that in most RPGs, when "there will be a event next day" means that you can sleep for a week, and the event still occurs, or the time freezes. I'd like to be able to be a jerk, but if I miss something, I want to have it matter.

Here's a crazy idea. What if we could decide on our own goals within the game?

Let's say we are real douche bags. Instead of taking down a corrupt official, we try to take his place. Or, sell out the guys trying to take him down instead for a big pay off.

Even with the main story, I would love to have enough freedom that we can choose which side we want to be on, (not just one or the other, but our own or a third parties,) rather than having to follow a specific course of action.

Let's say we are real douche bags. Instead of taking down a corrupt official, we try to take his place. Or, sell out the guys trying to take him down instead for a big pay off.

Even with the main story, I would love to have enough freedom that we can choose which side we want to be on, (not just one or the other, but our own or a third parties,) rather than having to follow a specific course of action.

Yes.yes please.

What sort of inspiration do you have in mind? Gameplay, setting, story, character development or something else?

In an interview, Ken Levine said that one of the design goals was to make it so the player would find original ways to solve problem

They had watched in one video where the player used boxes and grenades to get to an area that was otherwise off limit and basically patted themselves on the back when it happened

I didn't see it as much freedom in subsequent game except maybe to a lesser extent in DHXR ,
Not much at all in Bioshock and Bioshock infinitie which I think relied more on narrative to get the game going.

I'd say it's a great goal to have.

I would like to have access to a sandbox mode after having finished the game, so I can make a very powerful fbc that has been one from 6 years old (humanity loss/3). Also, probably no need to ask, but a quest creator would be cool.

Last edited:
I would like to have access to a sandbox mode after having finished the game, so I can make a very powerful fbc that has been one from 6 years old (humanity loss/3). Also, probably no need to ask, but a quest creator would be cool.

I am under the impression that there will be a version of REDKit for 2077, so missions, (and I hope the potential for other cities,) should be there.

I just would like it to be as close to the Original Pen and Paper as possible without it to be turn based.
Open World to explore ur surroundings, maybe add the feature of player based adventures or in this case jobs to do.
Cyberware of course is a great factor in it but as well are weapons so modifying options are needed for both, what i mean is personalization of guns, i remember my pen and paper times and i used to have this miltech pistol that i saved money for to get it that was modified to fit to my Charackter what gave me a better aim and more damage.
I also wouldnt mind sitting 3 hours infront of the Charackter generation to get my Charackter done in the way i want him to be as long as it doesnt mean that everyone looks the same.
The pen and paper game u played with Friends so an online option for team creation would be nice to have, but there is so much potentual in a game like that where u can actually do everything with your "Avatar".
I probably would make it an online mmorpg as this way u could add the coorps put in some missions let the players play the game and the fans get some other stuff in there like their own ideas for missions so it would be open world and u would just need to adjust the coorps and their politics the player himself could be the "Gamemaster" who makes the story going.
DAMN so much ideas and no idea on how to write them, if i just could download a copy of my brain to u this would be so much easier.

Maybe something akin to Neverwinter Nights.
Games run using peoples personal PC's as servers, requiring the right mods (assuming player mods are an included feature) with the "server" host acting as GM.
So you'd have Cyberpunk designed strictly as a single-player game and a multi-player option for those so inclined.

But definitely NOT an MMO. Both because it wouldn't work for a story-driven game and because they've made it clear an MMO is not in the cards.

What sort of inspiration do you have in mind? Gameplay, setting, story, character development or something else?

Setting primarily. And the freedom of doing whatever the f**k you want, like offing side characters and offering multiple ways to complete your objective.

Yeah, I would love having multiple ways to complete an objective a la Deus Ex.

Setting primarily. And the freedom of doing whatever the f**k you want, like offing side characters and offering multiple ways to complete your objective.
Well, the setting will be based on the world of the Cyberpunk PnP games, not Deus Ex. But freedom is something they have stated that they want to deliver.

Yeah, I would love having multiple ways to complete an objective a la Deus Ex.

Well, The Witcher series bit only provides different ways to achieve goals, but also different outcomes depending on your choices. I think we are on to a winner in that department.

I made a blog post about my ideas for Cyberpunk 2077 a while ago, so I'll just post the bullet points here:

1. Chromebook-Level Cyberware Variation

One thing that any cyberpunk tabletop player will tell you is that looking through the game’s Chromebook supplements, is like reverting to a kid and walking through the biggest, baddest toy store in the world. With the Chromebook material, a character in Cyberpunk is easily more customizable than a freaking automobile. There’s even tons of hardware that’s really similar on the surface, but made by different companies in the game’s universe with different minor feature variations and different models and makes. On a budget? Get a cheaper, more slimmed down package of ‘X’. Want to splurge a little on something with your recently (possibly illegally) acquired wealth? Check out this fully-featured version of ‘Y’! If anything, this kind of variety appeals to both customization nuts and people who want to feel more immersed in the world of the game when playing, because high-end products in real life are extremely variable when you think about the company providing the product, their standards, and what they might value to throw into the product for the money you pay.

2. Improvement on the Fallout: New Vegas Story Structure and Reputation System

I realize that CD Projeckt RED had no involvement or hand in making Fallout: New Vegas. Instead, they worked on the cult classic ‘Witcher’ franchise. But, nevertheless, I feel like there’s a lot that new games can learn from what Obsidian did with New Vegas. When I think of Next-Gen Role-Playing Games, I think of a perfect marriage between a sandbox like Grand Theft Auto or Fallout 3 and a groundbreaking experience of choice and consequences like Fallout 1 and 2 did back in their day. Fallout: New Vegas made a big step towards this, but in the end, the main story was the same regardless of factions you allied yourself with, with the only differences being faction-specific quests near the end of the story and the results of the end-game itself. What I propose for Cyberpunk 2077 is have each faction have their own overarching branching narratives filled with their own choices and consequences compartmentalized to themselves along the way that also connect and interweave with other faction storylines you can experience more fully with subsequent characters and playthroughs. I love getting more gameplay bang for my buck and I really do enjoy playing a game multiple times from different perspectives when a game facilitates that style of play with its mechanics and story structure.

3. Metafunctionality

I know ‘metafunctionality’ isn’t technically a word, but it’s the best term I can think of for this idea. When a player character gets fitted with some kind of neural cyberware, give the player a variety of operating systems and applications they can purchase and install. You can have little time wasters you can play in the HUD like how System Shock 2 had basic games you downloaded onto your character’s neural interface you could then play within the HUD at any time. Then you can have ‘apps’ for the HUD that help gameplay like an ‘app’ that allows you to find the cheapest prices on cyberware in Night City without running around on foot from store to store (think the GasBuddy iPhone app, but for in-game goods) or a GPS navigation system or something like that. Finally, a third type of ‘apps’ that literally break the fourth wall by allowing the use of a web-browser, skype, music on your computer, or various social media networks in-game while playing (these would be entirely optional and could probably be turned on and off via a menu setting checkbox). I call this idea ‘metafunctionality’ because of the idea that you could implement both gameplay functionality and real-world functionality in one place, with another option to play games within the game as System Shock 2 did with its Graphical User Interface.

4. Deus-Sexy Level Design

If there’s one thing that is always against cyberpunk videogames, it’s that none have really topped the original Deus Ex in level design. Deus Ex had a distinct style of level design philosophy where there would be so many paths and ways to complete the objectives you were given that it felt freeing, yet natural. Any player’s play-style more or less (with the exception of certain skills) was viable. I’d love to see a strong attempt to match that in Cyberpunk 2077!

I made a blog post about my ideas for Cyberpunk 2077 a while ago, so I'll just post the bullet points here:

1. Chromebook-Level Cyberware Variation

One thing that any cyberpunk tabletop player will tell you is that looking through the game’s Chromebook supplements, is like reverting to a kid and walking through the biggest, baddest toy store in the world. With the Chromebook material, a character in Cyberpunk is easily more customizable than a freaking automobile. There’s even tons of hardware that’s really similar on the surface, but made by different companies in the game’s universe with different minor feature variations and different models and makes. On a budget? Get a cheaper, more slimmed down package of ‘X’. Want to splurge a little on something with your recently (possibly illegally) acquired wealth? Check out this fully-featured version of ‘Y’! If anything, this kind of variety appeals to both customization nuts and people who want to feel more immersed in the world of the game when playing, because high-end products in real life are extremely variable when you think about the company providing the product, their standards, and what they might value to throw into the product for the money you pay.

2. Improvement on the Fallout: New Vegas Story Structure and Reputation System

I realize that CD Projeckt RED had no involvement or hand in making Fallout: New Vegas. Instead, they worked on the cult classic ‘Witcher’ franchise. But, nevertheless, I feel like there’s a lot that new games can learn from what Obsidian did with New Vegas. When I think of Next-Gen Role-Playing Games, I think of a perfect marriage between a sandbox like Grand Theft Auto or Fallout 3 and a groundbreaking experience of choice and consequences like Fallout 1 and 2 did back in their day. Fallout: New Vegas made a big step towards this, but in the end, the main story was the same regardless of factions you allied yourself with, with the only differences being faction-specific quests near the end of the story and the results of the end-game itself. What I propose for Cyberpunk 2077 is have each faction have their own overarching branching narratives filled with their own choices and consequences compartmentalized to themselves along the way that also connect and interweave with other faction storylines you can experience more fully with subsequent characters and playthroughs. I love getting more gameplay bang for my buck and I really do enjoy playing a game multiple times from different perspectives when a game facilitates that style of play with its mechanics and story structure.

3. Metafunctionality

I know ‘metafunctionality’ isn’t technically a word, but it’s the best term I can think of for this idea. When a player character gets fitted with some kind of neural cyberware, give the player a variety of operating systems and applications they can purchase and install. You can have little time wasters you can play in the HUD like how System Shock 2 had basic games you downloaded onto your character’s neural interface you could then play within the HUD at any time. Then you can have ‘apps’ for the HUD that help gameplay like an ‘app’ that allows you to find the cheapest prices on cyberware in Night City without running around on foot from store to store (think the GasBuddy iPhone app, but for in-game goods) or a GPS navigation system or something like that. Finally, a third type of ‘apps’ that literally break the fourth wall by allowing the use of a web-browser, skype, music on your computer, or various social media networks in-game while playing (these would be entirely optional and could probably be turned on and off via a menu setting checkbox). I call this idea ‘metafunctionality’ because of the idea that you could implement both gameplay functionality and real-world functionality in one place, with another option to play games within the game as System Shock 2 did with its Graphical User Interface.

4. Deus-Sexy Level Design

If there’s one thing that is always against cyberpunk videogames, it’s that none have really topped the original Deus Ex in level design. Deus Ex had a distinct style of level design philosophy where there would be so many paths and ways to complete the objectives you were given that it felt freeing, yet natural. Any player’s play-style more or less (with the exception of certain skills) was viable. I’d love to see a strong attempt to match that in Cyberpunk 2077!

You and I, I think we can be friends.....

Funniest part is having lived in Scotland for a couple of years I actually understood all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom