Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could only watch it back in 2006 because of Finland's entry. Was it Lordi or something? Anywho, they were dressed as monsters and it was frikken hilarious. Only time the song festival caught my attention. Between all the melancholy drama songs all of the sudden heavy metal. :wat:

Laptop problem - it's become pretty common for my screen to freeze, then blank out for a second with a message of "Display driver stopped responding" or something like that. If I play a game, it crashes when this happens.

Not sure what information about the laptop you need to help. HP Pavilion m6, and the display adapter is Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000.

What is your cpu ? Could be an outdated driver or heat . Make sure that none of the vents are being blocked . Try the link for looking for your drivers using each of the dropdown menus .
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

What is your cpu ? Could be an outdated driver or heat . Make sure that none of the vents are being blocked . Try the link for looking for your drivers using each of the dropdown menus .
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Known problem with the m6. You don't have to look hard for complaints about the m6 or the similar dv6 overheating when playing games or even video.

These laptops inhale dust like Pearly Sweetcake. HP's own advice is to keep it clean and use an external fan. See http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

Mother's Day. Always depressing for me, a time when I get to recognize yet again that the women in my family have been fiercely independent, ambitious and successful; the men have been laid back creative types...with not so much success. Not that my mom rubs it in, she's a mom through and through. Still goddamn depressing.

Then get a sex change.

OK just kidding. But remember success is not about money. Laid back could be a good way of exploring life and enjoying yourself instead of serving the system. Most people forget to do that because they're too busy with a job they hate.

they're too busy with a job they hate.

Quoted for truth.

I consider myself somewhat successful for what I do at my age, however I'm starting to have health problems related to stress at the ripe age of 22. I'm sure most people my age don't have sharp pains in their chest.

If you live comfortably within your means, splurge every once in awhile, and are generally happy with what you do(freelance artist correct?) then I would say your successful.

Eurovision in one picture:

Last edited:
I honestly think that the UK (yes I'm biased towards my neighbours), or Sweden should have won. It's Eurovision though, so I don't take it seriously, I just incessantly mock it because I'm a bastard like that!
:mean::evil:

Ahhhh, Eurovision, serving up cringes since 1956 and still going strong. I love it, it gives me an annual reminder of why moving to Asia was a good idea.

I think the last time I watched it was in 1981, when Bucks Fizz won.

Mother's Day. Always depressing for me, a time when I get to recognize yet again that the women in my family have been fiercely independent, ambitious and successful; the men have been laid back creative types...with not so much success. Not that my mom rubs it in, she's a mom through and through. Still goddamn depressing.
I completely forgot about this Day (OK, it means nothing to me now, but as a child i was happily waiting for it, every May). Yet, i was a mess yesterday, about my mother, my family in general, myself as not-a-mother and other depressing thoughts.
Argh, we humans! We have created so many ways to torment ourselves.

Thankfully, i didn't watch Eurovision (i never do), so i had one reason less to feel angry (about humans' stupidity, you know; witchers' style).

Last edited:
As old Larkin said:

They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had.
And add some extra, just for you.
But they were fucked up in their turn.
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern.
And half at one another’s throats.
Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.