Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the full translation (trust me I'm a Polack)

* Wild Hunt will receive 3 fundamentally different epilogues and 36 combinations of factors that determine the state in which will be the world after bringing the story to the end. Devs had estimated that someone who wants to see everything there is to see in W3, will have to go through the game three times.

* To prevent the dilution of the main plot line in an open world game makers want the quests to be more concentrated in an area - in other words, it will be rare, to be forced to travel to the other part of the world, and on the way forgetting the proper story because of avalanche of other sidequests. In addition we have previously announced " flashbacks " that are occurring from time to time to remind you of the plot as a sequence of drawings with commentary of the narrator (probably Dandelion).

* To a question: "Will there be more characters from the books, that weren't in the games?" they replied : "There will be a few [more than one]".
There is a high probability that your choice in game will determine the life or death of one of the key characters important to the Witcher books.

* Sequences in which you play other characters than Geralt return, but there won't be as much of them as in Witcher 2.

* Developers praised the new system of facial expressions and fresh editor dialog , so that every conversation is supposed to look as good as cutscenes .

* Among the side activities for Geralt, we can find not only a sidequests, random events, monster hunting and mini-games, but also treasure hunting - looking for rare pieces of gear.

* Developers referred to the unconfirmed rumors from few weeks, suggesting that the available land in the Wild Hunt will be at least several times larger than the land in Skyrim (not just 20 percent). I was told that, they are dealing with "living world", which is constantly growing and in the end actually can reach that size, but for the moment the developer still holds a declaration, that the areas with the Witcher 3 will be 35 times greater than those in the Witcher 2.

* Given that the No Man's Land and Novigrad are quite far away from Skellige, travel between these areas might be cut between a very short loading screen.

* Novigrad will be several times larger than Vyzima of Witcher 1, even including the areas that weren't accessible to the player [like the blocked off paths in Vyzima, backgrounds]

* The fast travel system is basically moving between road signs (at the crossroads for example) in areas that we have discovered .

* There will be a use for a witcher medallion again, but developers have not yet specified its role in the game - certainly will warn us against the dangers, but more uses are unknown.

* Geralt won't be able to dual-wield swords.

* Developer once again assured, that in the terms of difficulty level, Witcher 3 will not be as demanding as Assassins of Kings. We were promised a smooth curve of difficulty level.

* It was revealed, that in terms of inventory, we will get a hybrid of solutions from two previous titles - the grid returns (from W1), but Geralt also has weight capacity (from W2).

* The alchemy will be more like what we know of the Witcher 1 than from Witcher 2. The mechanics will be more complex and there will be more levels of potions . The potions will be divided into two groups - Mutagenic - powerful concoction of high toxicity, that you drink before the fight - and Support ones - having weaker properties, but less toxic and drunk during the encounter. What's more, there are special types of concoction, we will need, while hunting for certain types of monsters. In addition to potions, oils and bombs return.

* Improving weapons is back. Not yet confirmed, whether it will be based mainly on runes, but improving them will not only change your stats, but also a weapon's look.

* Monsters, which Geralt will hunt for will primarily be inspired by Slavic mythology.

* Geralt would probably be able to cut his beard (similar to hair changing), but beard will be growing back as time passes [confirmed earlier]

* The soundtrack is composed with the help of Percival Schuttenbach, specializing in Slavic folk metal.

* It was explained a bit, what kind of references to the book "Season of Storms" will we encounter in the Wild Hunt. For example in Novigrad we will find some new places from a new book (probably concerns the auction house).

* The participation of Andrzej Sapkowski in the creation of the game is limited to occasional granting the developer consultations regarding the map and witcher world names. In other words, the author of books and does not participate actively in production.

* The function of importing saves from a previous views will have considerable effect on the game, because Wild Hunt will have a lot of references to the Assassins of Kings. As for console players, they still haven't selected a solution to generate your own save file for PS4 and Xbone

Last edited:
Last paragraph. "Xbone or PlayStaion 4 One" :p

Anyway in the absence of news i find the little stuff to be big stuff, or in other words, i'm happy to get new info before E3. Since i was not expecting anything like that. Also, looks like my favorite system from Witcher 1 Is back to being awesome, yes alchemy. And now my head is spinnig with posibilties. Geralt will need detox after i'm done with him :p

* Developers referred to the unconfirmed rumors from few weeks, suggesting that the available land in the Wild Hunt will be at least several times larger than the land in Skyrim (not just 20 percent). I was told that, they are dealing with "living world", which is constantly growing and in the end actually can reach that size, but for the moment the developer still holds a declaration, that the areas with the Witcher 3 will be 35 times greater than those in the Witcher 2.

Even with the translation, this is a bit weird. So... does this then mean that the Skyrim comparison is for the actual landmass, while the Witcher 2 comparison is referring to the map, i.e. the size of areas on the map rather than the actual in-game size? That would support Marcin's claim that the growth is the result of less downscaling and not of the addition of extra locations.

Last edited:
Even with the translation, this is a bit weird. So... does this then mean that the Skyrim comparison is for the actual landmass, while the Witcher 2 comparison is referring to the map, i.e. the amount of areas represented from it.

It's more or less a confirmation that the map will be huge, but they are still going with the whole "35 times bigger than TW2" thing for the time being.

Last paragraph. "Xbone or PlayStaion 4 One" :p

Anyway in the absence of news i find the little stuff to be big stuff, or in other words, i'm happy to get new info before E3. Since i was not expecting anything like that. Also, looks like my favorite system from Witcher 1 Is back to being awesome, yes alchemy. And now my head is spinnig with posibilties. Geralt will need detox after i'm done with him :p

Edited, thanks!

Even with the translation, this is a bit weird. So... does this then mean that the Skyrim comparison is for the actual landmass, while the Witcher 2 comparison is referring to the map, i.e. the size of areas on the map rather than the actual in-game size? That would support Marcin's claim that the growth is the result of less downscaling and not of the addition of extra locations.

Even in polish, it sounds weird. Probably means the world got bigger than they thought at first. Maybe someone will clarify it later.

* Developer once again assured, that in the terms of difficulty level, Witcher 3 will not be as demanding as Assassins of Kings. We were promised a smooth curve of difficulty level.
Please don't tell me that this will mean TW3 Normal will be like TW2 Easy or something like that. Hopefully they're still referring solely to the difficulty curve in that comment & not that it'll be much easier overall.

I know you can play it on the harder difficulties, but I always do my first run of games on just the standard difficulty & whilst it shouldn't break you, I don't want it to be a cakewalk. Even normal should still be relatively challenging & TW2 did that fairly well.

Even in polish, it sounds weird. Probably means the world got bigger than they thought at first. Maybe someone will clarify it later.
Yeah, they are most likely referring to the part of the world that will be available to players, compared to that in TW2. So, the world map would then be 35 times larger than the area that Flotsam, Vergen and Loc Muinne occupy on it, and this will be represented in-game by an area much larger than the initial 20% bigger than Skyrim's landmass estimate.

Please don't tell me that this will mean TW3 Normal will be like TW2 Easy or something like that. Hopefully they're still referring solely to the difficulty curve in that comment & not that it'll be much easier overall.
I doubt that's what it means. But TW2's difficulty curve was really weird insanely hard to easier and easier and that wasn't good.

The core of the combat is being dynamic and tactical, TW2 easy didn't need you to do anything but swing your sword.

Yay for treasure hunting, that added with side quests, mini games and monster hunting will make for a nicely active world. I am curious about the random events though, it reminds me of Skyrim in which I found bandits walking up to me or a group of Elves passing by at times.

TW2 had some lacking elements, but it seems like they really want to nail every single aspect of the game this time around. I can only hope that the promises will prove to be true and they don't bite too much.

I doubt that's what it means. But TW2's difficulty curve was really weird insanely hard to easier and easier and that wasn't good.

The core of the combat is being dynamic and tactical, TW2 easy didn't need you to do anything but swing your sword.

I don't really know how else to take 'Less Demanding'. Although it's ambiguous, it could be referring to a great many number of ways, chiefest of them all being the Difficulty Curve & hopefully that is what is being referred to.

Naturally I'm all for Combat being more dynamic & tactical (Out of all the elements of the first 2 games, Combat is still the one they haven't gotten right yet) & a better difficulty curve, but I just hope the difficulty in general doesn't end up becoming too low & Normal ends up presenting very little challenge at all.

TW2 had some lacking elements, but it seems like they really want to nail every single aspect of the game this time around. I can only hope that the promises will prove to be true and they don't bite too much.

That is my biggest fear too, they are trying to make every single aspects perfect and offer so much content. Add that to the fact that we have seen very little actual footage and more so than ever it is wait and see.

You may be tired of my saying this but I would still not expect a lot to be on the safe side of things, Februari is still a long time after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom