The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
I'm hoping that basic stuff like: Ripostes, parrying arrows, parrying from any direction and dealing damage to more than one opponent with your sword slashes, are all available from level 1, and not hidden in the talent trees.
In TW2 you basically had to level up to at least level 8 before you felt truly in control of the combat.

Setting: "Lock Difficulty"

When you start a new game, it would be awesome to be able to "commit" to the difficulty setting you've selected and not be able to change it.

I understand all modern RPGs try to secure market share by allowing total n00b players to switch their difficulty any time, so they don't put the game away when they can't beat a part of it. The side effect is that it poses a psychological problem for actual gamers; the problem is that I cannot justify ripping my hair out and grinding to upgrade my character (which are both great reasons to love the game) when I "know" that switching the difficulty option is there and takes 2 seconds.

Peripheral Feature: Provide substantially more content for higher "locked" difficulties

I know witcher 2 provides some really minor (and commonly unknown) "content" additions for higher difficulty levels (i.e. the cursed armor), but I think there should be more incentive to beat the game at higher "locked" difficulty level -- such as more areas, quests, etc., and just general longer gameplay at higher (locked) difficulties.

Setting: "Lock Difficulty"

When you start a new game, it would be awesome to be able to "commit" to the difficulty setting you've selected and not be able to change it.

I understand all modern RPGs try to secure market share by allowing total n00b players to switch their difficulty any time, so they don't put the game away when they can't beat a part of it. The side effect is that it poses a psychological problem for actual gamers; the problem is that I cannot justify ripping my hair out and grinding to upgrade my character (which are both great reasons to love the game) when I "know" that switching the difficulty option is there and takes 2 seconds.

Peripheral Feature: Provide substantially more content for higher "locked" difficulties

I know witcher 2 provides some really minor (and commonly unknown) "content" additions for higher difficulty levels (i.e. the cursed armor), but I think there should be more incentive to beat the game at higher "locked" difficulty level -- such as more areas, quests, etc., and just general longer gameplay at higher (locked) difficulties.
How about you just have some discipline and commit yourself instead.

It could also be the complete reverse condition, I start at a difficulty and find it too easy so now I want to amp it up but I don't wanna replay from the beginning.

It could also be the complete reverse condition, I start at a difficulty and find it too easy so now I want to amp it up but I don't wanna replay from the beginning.

^This. Especially on a first playthrough when a player won't know how hard a difficulty level really is.
And if I've found that I've started the game on too hard a difficulty, I would want to reduce it without having to start again, especially on a game that's over 100 hours. If an incentive is needed for sticking to a hard difficulty, it's best dealt with through achievements, or side-benefits like content that's only available on harder difficulties, not by a forced lock.

I'd make one exception to that rule, and that is for Insane mode. There, having the game hit you with a clue-by-four that says you cannot continue after you got Geralt killed is the whole point. Everything else can be dealt with by loss of incentives as consequences for lowering the difficulty level.

What about greater XP rewards on higher difficulties? I loved that about FO3.

Doesn't that make the game easier though? If you get XP faster, you get to the higher levels faster. As the monsters aren't being level-balanced, that would make them easier to kill. I'd have thought that you should reduce XP on higher levels, if anything. (And no, I'm not recommending that).

Doesn't that make the game easier though? If you get XP faster, you get to the higher levels faster. As the monsters aren't being level-balanced, that would make them easier to kill. I'd have thought that you should reduce XP on higher levels, if anything. (And no, I'm not recommending that).

I liked the concept of greater reward for greater risk, but maybe it wouldn't work in a Witcher game since they don't use level scaling and XP comes from quests only now.

What I like to see in the No Man's Land is not just the devastation of the land by the war but also the brutality. So while travelling you encounter yourself with groups of fugitives or a tree with corpses of elves and humans and signs stating "deserter", "Nifgaardian whore" or "Nilfgaardian spy". Just like it is described in Baptism of Fire.

Do want pre-order info in the near future. I'm worried though for Europe, especially since it comes to a hot game. NAMCO BANDAI EUROPE have the tendancy to promise more copies of i.e. Collector's Editions to retailers than they actually have. I had the same problem my Dark Souls 2 collector's edition, I didn't get it because NAMCO BANDAI EUROPE didn't deliver the promised amount of CE's. Needless to say I was bummed out and hope this won't happen to the Witcher 3.

I have been think about having different breeds of horses in the game. I know it's an incredible minor thing but I think that it would increase the immersion. Or at least have more than the usual black, brown and white colours. Dapple grey, buckskin, etc.

Edit: I've actually just seen a pic of Geralt riding a dapple-grey horse.

I have been think about having different breeds of horses in the game. I know it's an incredible minor thing but I think that it would increase the immersion. Or at least have more than the usual black, brown and white colours. Dapple grey, buckskin, etc.

Edit: I've actually just seen a pic of Geralt riding a dapple-grey horse.

It was actually confirmed in an interview i think that there will be different types of horses in the game with pros and cons, and that you can train them and upgrade them in a way.

Top Bottom