The Witcher 3 HUD and UI

+
Guys, I don't think you should post these "HUD-pictures" here. They were never officially released to be posted in public forums, but part of a tutorial about lighting and area environments in the closed Redkit beta. So the lighting and landscape look "bad" simply because those pictures showed different light settings and not the current state of the game. When the open beta started I deleted those pictures, but it seems like someone saved and released them.

^ Quoted and emphasized for truth.

Statements such as "the HUD looks similar to TW2" are meaningless for that reason. Criticisms founded on the leaked images are likewise meaningless and do not add anything to the discussion. Please don't repeat meaningless remarks like those; they turn into FUD.

With the Website update, there was a few images added to the 'About Us' , one of them struck me as particularly interesting, at least when we're talking about the HUD.

http://i.imgur.com/fEAk0tO.jpg

Now, unless this picture was taken awhile ago, or the build of the game they're playing is an old build & the UI has since been updated, then we can probably assume that this UI is still it.
E3 ain't far away, so I'm sure we'll have it all confirmed then, but it's quite possible that this is still the UI.

Last edited:
I wouldn't pay too much attention to how the HUD looks like currently. There's still nearly a year until the release, and I imagine HUD is one of the last things they'll be working on. The one on the screen looks like a bit modified TW2 HUD.

With the Website update, there was a few images added to the 'About Us' , one of them struck me as particularly interesting, at least when we're talking about the HUD.

Now, unless this picture was taken awhile ago, or the build of the game they're playing is an old build & the UI has since been updated, then we can probably assume that this UI is still it.
E3 ain't far away, so I'm sure we'll have it all confirmed then, but it's quite possible that this is still the UI.

That is exactly why we can't assume that. We do not know.

That is exactly why we can't assume that. We do not know.

That's why I used the world unless. Based on information we presently hold, it's the best assumption we can make BUT there is still a couple of IF's.

Also TW2's UI was nearly identical to their Stage Demo at E3 2010. Like I said, we have to wait for E3, I am still slightly skeptical myself, just saying it might be possible.

The best assumption is no assumption, which is my point ;).

It's best not to think that until it's emphatically confirmed. It could be possible, sure, but that doesn't require an assumed position :).

WOW, look at all that HUD stuff.
Hmm.. I still want to turn all that stuff off if I can.
Some one should ask them that @ E3 if we can.

I wouldn't mind if they changed that orange to blood red and made the health bar disappear when not in combat (assuming that is the actual HUD), but other than that I think it looks good.

Well... we don't even know how the HUD works right now... they will most likely go for a minimalist look but seriously that HUD is barebones right now anyway

I wouldn't mind if they changed that orange to blood red and made the health bar disappear when not in combat (assuming that is the actual HUD), but other than that I think it looks good.
What orange? I also don't mind the health bar if it has the fade in and out of combat option.
Most console games give us the map on/off option, so I am not too worried about it not being there in TW3 this time.
It is the other things I don't really like on screen, but since a bunch of us have already bitched long enough about being able to turn it all off & on as we please, or at least elements of it. I bet this time we will get these console options.
Blah.. Blah.. Blah.. Good night/Good morning, I will be back after my yoga class;)

From what i can see in the picture, i like the hud, no unescesary stuff. Just your health, stamina (?), minimap with nescesary info and whatever the bar in the bottom left corner is.

What i do notice is the 25(?) fps in the top right corner, i'm guessing thats why they wanted a few more months optimizing. So they can get the fps as high as they can in the big area's .

Do you guys honestly believe game will run 20 fps when it comes out. relax, I would be worried about hub design more then silly fps.

What i do notice is the 25(?) fps in the top right corner, i'm guessing thats why they wanted a few more months optimizing. So they can get the fps as high as they can in the big area's .
The game is not even optimized at all right now, they haven't reached the optimization stage and the game is giving 25fps without any optimization, that is a good sign. It is very common for games that have not yet reached their optimization stage to run at even less than 10 fps.

The game is not even optimized at all right now, they haven't reached the optimization stage and the game is giving 25fps without any optimization, that is a good sign. It is very common for games that have not yet reached their optimization stage to run at even less than 10 fps.
Yummy!

How do you know all of this? Skidmarker If you are right about this, then this is fucking awesome.

Top Bottom