The General Videogame Thread

+
original ghost recon+swat3+red orchestra 2, the perfect tactical shooter is here:

In Shadow Warrior there are occasional areas with low resolution textures and NPCs. Is that a reference to the first Shadow Warrior game? I'm not familiar with it, so they look rather weird without a context.

In Shadow Warrior there are occasional areas with low resolution textures and NPCs. Is that a reference to the first Shadow Warrior game? I'm not familiar with it, so they look rather weird without a context.

Do the textures look like they are 16-bit? That's an in-joke for fans of the original. I believe all those areas are bits of the levels from the original game.

That's code ripped right from the original and stashed in the reboot as homage. There's usually loot to find in them. Finding all the secrets is pretty damn hard, actually.

Ahh, Wolfenstein 3D. My first FPS. I still play it from time to time.

And yes I think that dream Wolf 3D easter egg goes way too fast, but I'm assuming that's how the weapons are in this game?

I've been playing Blackguards. Pretty good game actually, battles are hard and character customization requires a significant amount of planning.

Nice. Do you really have to pull up the radial menu each time to switch weapons? Can't you use hot keys?

Like in RAGE, you can use hotkeys, all of which are rebindable.

Thus far, this is the shooter of the year for me, even with its annoying flaws. A positive and firm step in the right direction for FPS.

Let's hope Id don't fuck up Doom 4.

Top Bottom