Looking for a partner

+
Looking for a partner

Hey guys!
Since autumn I've been working on a mod... story line is completed and you can say playable. But I have huge probplems with my level. I can create a complicated logic for quest, can make some nice dialoges and characters, but I can't create a nice level. I use this level: http://redkit.cdprojektred.com/index.php?c=mod&m=show&p=69
It is quite raw, and my version is more detalised, but it still looks like sh*t.
So here I'm looking for a man, who could make this poor level look nice. He\she can change almost everything, except some places, which are connected with quests or cutscenes. Nickname (or name) will surely be in the developers list, if that's interesting. Currently mod is only on russian language, but after release for russian-speaking community and some fixes it will be translated into English.
If someone is interesting, please, write in this thread or contact me via Skype: vsevolod_m95.
Thanks for reading :)

I'd like to work with you very much if I like your story. I have not that much experience though, I created only one small world yet, which I like very much. I had a small story in mind for it, but I couldn't really figure out how to make it alive and fill it with acting people.
If you can manage the crowd, I'd be happy to provide the environment.
I attached a few screens of my world. I hope it's not already your standard.

PS: I could help with the english translation too, if it's not your strong side, although I don't speak russian.

Attachments

• scr02.jpg
    scr02.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 60
  • scr04.jpg
    scr04.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 68
  • scr05.jpg
    scr05.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 70
  • scr06.jpg
    scr06.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 62
Hm... sorry, but I won't work on someone's else story. Got a lot of work with my own project.
About your level... it seems, you have some skills, but it looks like a plane, filled by asset browsers objects.
I decided to make somthing using the original level. If you wanna try to make something nice from my old terrain, contact me via Skype. I can tell you the main story there.
Would be grateful for help with translation, cause my English is far from being perfect.

I didn't mean to ask you to work on my own project, I merely wanted to give some background and show you what I can do.
Also I'd like to work with Lykaon, but my RedKit seems to have a problem with it: it can't open the world. It just goes blank after I loaded the w2w-file.
Someone else has had this issue, but the comment is from November 2013 and hasn't beeen answered since.

I'm afraid, Skype won't do very well, because I neither have Skype nor a microphone and my English is not very fluent, since I don't have many people to actually speak it to.
My writing skills are quite good, though, at least I think.
I hope that doesn't disqualify me already.

Well, okay, then we could work together on changing the original level. It's a lot of work too, and as long as I wanna concentrate on quests and dialoges, you can work with a level.
Hm... I just wanted to chat via Skype, you don't have to use micro. And Skype is a nice way to communicate. If you have any other ideas, my ears are open.

If you guys need help getting the shitty and poor level to run, I may be able to help you. :p

If you can give me a step to step description of how you try to open it, I may know what the problem could be. Can you open original W2 levels but not old Lykaon?

Ps: I may be in the wiki chat for the next few days.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help, but I just solved it myself somehow.
I saved the level in UserContent at first, where all the mods go. Now I tried again at the normal The Witcher II/data/levels.
I don't see why RedKit can only open out of this folder, though.

PS: Is it just me or is Lykaon extremely laggy?
I'd like to play it once, but I never got beyond the town.
But I found the start hilarious already: first that pervy guy, then the two idiot (and sodomite)guards and the names!

PPS: Kann es sein, dass ich gerade unnötigerweise in Englisch geschrieben habe?

Ah, then I guess it should be fine now. I have no clue why only this folder works. :D

Yeah, the Lykaon demo needs a much better pc than Witcher 2. I did not have any streaming implemented at that time. The current version of the level looks much better, is twice as large, but has a better framerate (altough there are 3 loading screens now :( ).

Ps: Ja, aber englisch ist trotzdem besser, da es dann auch andere Leute verstehen koennen. ;)

I have to correct myself once again: I just got it to run playable, apparently I forgot one option: texture downscaling.

So do you have a current, better version of Lykaon, but just didn't upload it yet, or have I missed something?

I have to correct myself once again: I just got it to run playable, I had forgotten texture downscaling.

So do you have a more recent and better Lykaon, but just not uploaded it yet, or did I miss something?

Edit: For some reason the new post didn't show, so I did it again.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't want to upload an unfinished version of Lykaon again. The next version will probably be a beta with incomplete voice acting. Feature complete, but it may still have some bugs that I can find and fix with the feedback of people who played it. But it will still take a while, since W3 leaves me absolutely no time for the mod right now.

Hey, Benzenzimmern!
Glad you offered to help, but you have your own project, so I don't want to waste your time for things like this. That level is veery big, so it would take a lot of time to make it look like something. Instead I've decided to make new level using the original one. I is more reasonable to adapt the quests, story etc. for new good-looking level then trying to make something worth from what I already have.

Top Bottom