Appleseed Alpha

+
Errrmmm...
Didn't Sokaku try to sell something... erm... "condoms for cyborgs" or-what-ever, to Deunan in 3'rd book's end? (I dunno actually what Sokaku actually tried to sell there... ಠ_ಠ )
Yes, that's where Sokaku was "cosplaying uncle Dolan". I'm translating from spanish here, he says something like: "Look, I've got something here that turns cyborgs on. It doesn't damage the systems and it's a total steal. Just $150 for five cubic centimetres..."
It looks like some kind of vial or cylinder, and Sokaku displays them in like a row or chain that makes it look kinda like a pack of condoms. They're most probably something between an afrodisiac and a cyberdrug.

Now look Sard, evidence that Deunan and Bri sleep in the same bed:

Oh, that doesn't convince you? Okay, I made a quick and crappy collage for you:

PRETTY clear proof they DON'T kiss intimately. Look at Deunan's reaction when they actually do kiss!

I know they sleep in the same bed - why wouldn't they? They used to be lovers, Deunan doesn't have one and it's not like Bri is capable of doing anything about it.

Poor No-Balls. So close to such beauty.

Is Bonhart a rogue witcher, who is most powerfull force user, balls,or no balls... understatements, tools of good storyteller.

Nope, this thread is still weird.

PRETTY clear proof they DON'T kiss intimately. Look at Deunan's reaction when they actually do kiss!

I know they sleep in the same bed - why wouldn't they? They used to be lovers, Deunan doesn't have one and it's not like Bri is capable of doing anything about it.

Poor No-Balls. So close to such beauty.

Sard, you're being a total troll and we keep on playing your damn game. How do you do that?

Bri had just come out of sea water, and he probably had a salty water deposit somewhere in his jaw-thingie. Deunan goes through three reactions: the first is surprise because the kiss came a little out of nowhere in the manga, the second is she acting like a teenager who is in love with someone, the third is her noticing the taste of the salt (the panels are in the original japanese reading order, but there is a missing panel that transitions from the top one to the second one where Bri tells deunan to climb onto his landmate right after the kiss, if you need the context).

Also, in the top right corner of the collage, that's Bri with Deunan's lipstick mark. Deunan is complaining about what is apparently her sored or maybe dirty face skin after smooching Bri. Bri is convalescing after a terrorist attack and he either isn't washing his face/getting it washed or maybe he has a temperature. Don't really know what happened there. But they're a couple in the emotional and sexual sense.

I'm also quite sure they are romantically involved in the CGI movies. Why else would they try and make a romantic triangle with Tereus, a bioroid with Briareos' (white) appearance if Bri and Deunan weren't already an item?

Errrmmm...
Where did that "salty kiss" happen...?

Appleseed Hypernotes. It came out after Databook... in the countries where it came out. It didn't come out in my country (and Databook was never re-relased -in my country again- to accompany Appleseed on book format -the 4 volumes as opposed to the single issues, comic books or whatever you want to call them...), maybe it didn't come out in yours either :(

There's at least another Appleseed related thing that was never (to my knowledge) released out of Japan: Gun Dancing and Pile Up, which I don't know if it's two different things, two episodes of the same thing... it was in those manga one shots (I think that's what they are) where Briareos first appeared in human form (and that's where the Appleseed Databook picture of him must've been taken from). The fair haired middle aged man with a mustache is supposed to be Carl Knute, Deunan's Father. Apparently they were first published in 1986 and 1987.
Here's a link to some info on Gun Dancing - Pile up... in perfect japanese (I suppose it's perfect, I don't understand it).

I am NOT a troll!

I love No-Balls. He is, like, my second favourite cyborg.

After the brilliant Adam Jensen.

...I really have to stop. IGNORE ME HENCEFORTH.

just watched the clip... whats with the english?

I guess i don't mind so long as they do it well, gits was done well adn i enjoy watching it in both languages so i feel this will be alright here. That being said it looks pretty awesome, always loved shiro's art and was a fan of the manga and the first couple of movies (need to update since i know there are some new ones out or at least a thrid from memory).

looks awesome, will be keeping my eyes on this, thanks for the post.

I am NOT a troll!

Since you say so, I must believe you. But it won't be that easy with the rest of the people here. Why don't you make one of your hilarious polls to determine if you are a troll or not? I'd do it myself but, honestly, I don't think it would be as good ;)

Top Bottom