Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mohasz Yeah right... On this (international) forum shitstorm is permanent... Every situation, interview, screenshot etc. everything lead to shitstorm. I'm sick of this sometimes. Never mind that something can be out of context or misunderstood...

I'm sure CDPR haven't done something stupid like hire a league of Supermodels to mocap & completely disregarded the fact that these NPC's need to actually be their own CHARACTERS, each with their own uniqueness & personality & sacrificed that for the sake of "Realism" & jiggly bits. R-right?

Someone.... Someone is going to come in here soon & tell us it's just a bad translation or Dev saying stupid things & we're all going to have a good laugh.

PLEASE?

Whut?
Supermodels walk like real women? Seriously? Five inch heels and the catwalk with one foot in front of the other?
Yup, it'll be a shitstorm if it's true. If it's just for a few women who live in circumstances where they really WOULD walk like that, fine, but if it's all women (or even just all witches), they have a big problem.

Whut?
Supermodels walk like real women? Seriously? Five inch heels and the catwalk with one foot in front of the other?
Yup, it'll be a shitstorm if it's true. If it's just for a few women who live in circumstances where they really WOULD walk like that, fine, but if it's all women, they have a big problem.

not all women, just sorceresses (not sure if all of them). for me it's make sense and after TW2 i believe guys from CDP RED know what they are doing.

...Catwalk moves?

The women in TW2 already have a silly starlet strut. Come on CDPR.

Last edited:
@Jack Bauer 24 Not if it's this kind of news ;_;

@aryman Not ragging on you here btw dude. You just did your interview & I do at the very least appreciate the fact that you talked to a guy who does Character Models about actual Character Models. Nothing angers me more than when people sit down with say, a Level Designer & ask just generic random questions (Naturally this goes for any other Dev Role). Google translate never does a great job with Polish, so it's a little hard to get the true context here, I honestly wouldn't mind a proper translation just to see what the fuss is really about.

it's not my interview :) i just found it, so i linked to it.

Why do they use super models for animation? Hope we can get that answer... and that it was neccesary. I mean Triss already walked quite silly in the witcher 2. I prefer a more normal and realistic walk and look for both genders.

Hiring women for motion capturing female characters is great. The question remains if a catwalk-like animation makes any sense whatsoever in TW3 and personally I'm hard pressed to see where it would. Here's hoping they don't really move like models on a catwalk.

I don't get why people have such a problem with CDPR doing this, even if they are actual 'super' models. Because reporters and press are known for blowing things out of proportion and write things that are twisted or not even said by the devs.

I think a reason for it can be that the sorceresses are kind of the super models of the Witcher world? In figure and status... And I think it's easier to get mocap animations done on a model that has the same figure, height, etc. as the ingame model because than they can easier apply the animated bones to the model? (Someone please tell me if this is actually necessary or just bogus.)

They might just be more amenable to direction, able to confidently walk in the way they are asked.

We'll see what they've done with this is a while, but it needn't be silly just because the first thought is that it could be.

It really boggles my mind how people react to this. What is the big deal that they hired "super models" for some mocap, you jelly or something?

It also makes sense, sorceresses are not ordinary women, they are described as extremely beautiful and they take pride in their looks and manners. Not saying that "super models" are the best role model, but it can be a good match for their purposes.
From my point of view it is normal to get some models to get this done properly for a few characters, after all we don't know how many of them will be present in the game.

I for one like this attention to the details. Even if there is some ulterior motive to it. :D

Last edited:
sexisssmmmmmmmmm

Seriously now, I'm not mad. Sorceresses regularly had an air of "seductresses" to them in the books. Some of them were flat out nymphos. They're a group of old women who are often as vain as they are ambitious. If someone at the age of 142 is still obsessed with how she looks and the way she dresses, it stands to reason that her gait won't be neglected either. It's part of the whole act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom