Achievements, Get your Achievements here!

+
Achievements, Get your Achievements here!

So i was having a brows around and thought hey i want some cool achievements but i don't want to troll/spam the rest of the forums because at heart i'm a nice guy, or so i like to think.

That being said i figured i should start a topic that everyone can post in to the specific aim of getting achievements. Your post doesn't need to relate to anything specifically, after all you are here to fulfill the achievement requirements such as talking in 1337 5p34k or what have you. For the most part this will leave our cyberpunk universe clean and clear for real posting and this thread can contain the mumbo jumbo spamalopagus stuff.

So have at it folks.

I need to make a specifically sized post for this achievement so I will talk about my work a little.

It involves lazers, x-rays in fact, fired at a core in order to take detailed imaging of it for further analysis. I use a CT scanner as well as basic radiography to develop the images. What is a core? Imagine an ice core but instead of ice it's soil and sediment. I'm sure you have seen something like this, a long cylinder type thingy with people oohing and arring over it.

For archaeologists stratigraphy (the way things deposit one atop the other) is super important as it tells context and can relate stuff. We brought over some cores from an undisclosed location (classified) and they were in a site that contained ancient burials 1-2000 bce in time however they are present within an alluvial fan which means that the earth core is rather muddy, wet and compact and this means stratigraphy can be indistinguishable to the naked eye. Furthermore there is a known tephra layer above the burials as this site has ongoing volcanic activity and as you all know tephra layers can be very hard to identify as well since they can be extremely thin deposits depending on activity. X-ray analysis can distinguish the tephra layer/s and provide an exact boundary between strata.

So that's it.FIN

Last edited:
Assuming you need a specific sized post for this elite thing there's a more pragmatic and less interesting way to get it.
Copy and paste EEEEE lines as long as you need: p

I need to make a specifically sized post for this achievement so I will talk about my work a little.

It involves lazers, x-rays in fact, fired at a core in order to take detailed imaging of it for further analysis. I use a CT scanner as well as basic radiography to develop the images. What is a core? Imagine an ice core but instead of ice it's soil and sediment. I'm sure you have seen something like this, a long cylinder type thingy with people oohing and arring over it.

For archaeologists stratigraphy (the way things deposit one atop the other) is super important as it tells context and can relate stuff. We brought over some cores from an undisclosed location (classified) and they were in a site that contained ancient burials 1-2000 bce in time however they are present within an alluvial fan which means that the earth core is rather muddy, wet and compact and this means stratigraphy can be indistinguishable to the naked eye. Furthermore there is a known tephra layer above the burials as this site has ongoing volcanic activity and as you all know tephra layers can be very hard to identify as well since they can be extremely thin deposits depending on activity. X-ray analysis can distinguish the tephra layer/s and provide an exact boundary between strata.

So that's it.FIN

Very cool - your work sounds pretty interesting.

Do not make a eeeeeeeeeeeeeee post or I will punish vtmb. Heh.

...am I interpreting this correctly?

You specificallly created a +1 thread? o_O

Should we all just start posting "Indeed"?

Forum veteran
I demand that dragonbird posts her achievement spoof video in this thread.

The best thing about any achievement is probably the weak pun they make on the actual accomplishment. "Role Model". heh.

Second-best might be that occasionally some game-world tidbit filters on, or a joke.

So..Fargo is about to end. Was a cool ride and a second season is likely to happen with new characters and everything. It's refreshing stuff from the GoT mania obsessing the whole internet, that one kinda turned into a soap

Last edited:
I loved the Fargo movie!
I even know exactly there they filmed the scenes in Minneapolis (tho why they went all that way to film the inside of a bar I have no clue). I loved the asian guy at the bar having the same hokey accent.

Ve Minnesnotans and Dakotans don' really tok lak dat, don'cha know.

Top Bottom