Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What brands exactly are you talking about?
I'm not really picky, sometimes I buy national brands (Ciuc, Ursus), sometimes foreign (Heineken, Skol).

Anyone here tried mead? Always wanted to try it, but I never see it in shops over here.

As for commercial brands, I do like Heineken but it´s not my favorite. I´d rather have a Stella Artois.

However, local breweries with house-made beers is where it´s at...
If any of you fellow Witchers find yourselves along these parts, you should try a local brewery named Antares. Its Scotch Ale is amongst the finest I´ve tried.

Found this highly amusing:

@Marcin Momot Why are you so beautiful?

Anyone here tried mead?

Yes.

I only ever drank local brands, so I can't tell you much more about it other than adding cherry juice makes it taste amazing.
But it's not for everyone. Some just don't like the taste and that's ok, I guess.

You should definately give it a shot, just for having experienced it once in life.

So all of Europe hates each others guts? I already knew that, but why is the EU in existence then? Talk about going against nature!

To prevent endless wars between all of the nations that hate each others guts, probably.

I need to go to Latvia apparently, see what the fuss is all about.

I found this:

Latvian girl is say, “I want go America one day.” Father say, “I send you America.” Daughter is thank father. Make tears of happy. Father use tear for salty potato. Father think moment, say, “Daughter, I no send you America.” Potato is more salt.

I vote for an update of that map.

Last edited:
Indeed, the map would need to be changed to "Why are British people so nice?" and "Why are Latvian jokes so bad?"

Or just one giant question all over Europe:

"Why are you all so full of yourself ?"

...because if those prejudices are what we believe, we're horrible.

Latvian girl is say, “I want go America one day.” Father say, “I send you America.” Daughter is thank father. Make tears of happy. Father use tear for salty potato. Father think moment, say, “Daughter, I no send you America.” Potato is more salt.

That's a beautiful thing. Finally, a place worthy of my humour.

Irish so annoying? Well, that's partly true, the Southerners are a bit obsessed with themselves and are annoyingly patriotic. Us in the North however are more likely not to give a shit about anything other than work or parties! :fun: Oh, and complaining about the weather, even if it's warm!

Excuse me but I object to being called rude! We're much worse than that, we're aloof, imperialistic, sheep shagging, war mongering, alcoholic, bitter, sarcastic, lacking in empathy, ugly, proud, sheep shaggers and methodists! That's why we make perfect villains and are finally challenging the German stranglehold on that coveted role, though the Russians are giving us some competition I must admit.

Anyone here tried mead? Always wanted to try it, but I never see it in shops over here.

I love Sbiten, which is a mead drink. It's a great help if you should go outside when there less than -35 °C.

Apart from the great taste, it increases resistance to cold and gives feel of light spring breeze, instead of ice storm. :)
Self made sbiten' is a lot better than balanda from the shops though.

Found this highly amusing:

Why Russia didn't have description? :p

Excuse me but I object to being called rude! We're much worse than that, we're aloof, imperialistic, sheep shagging, war mongering, alcoholic, bitter, sarcastic, lacking in empathy, ugly, proud, sheep shaggers and methodists!

Are you talking about people in general? Because that's pretty much it. Well except for methodists.

I love Sbiten, which is a mead drink. It's a great help if you should go outside when there less than -35 °C.
Apart from the great taste, it increases resistance to cold and gives feel of light spring breeze, instead of ice storm. :)
Self made sbiten' is a lot better than balanda from the shops though.
Just looked up sbiten, might actually try to make it sometime. It looks like something I'd like. :)

Why Russia didn't have description? :p
Maybe it auto-completes the same as the Ukraine search? Who knows... That shouldn't be taken seriously anyways. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom