E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

+

E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm still hoping for early February since they kinda hinted that they could've gotten it out November if they had really pushed themselves but wanted the extra time to ensure quality - so hopefully it's not that tight.

Well I think they like to hear what we have to say. After all we are the fans who play the games, we love to point out the things we like and dislike the most.
In hopes that the game will be the best RPG to date. I feel CDPR share our passion and want the same high quality details in TWIII.
Someone has to do it, so why not be the first right. The kreation of this game is a team effort, and soon they will share with us the product of our dreams.
"Hey it could happen". Yes.. I think it might really fucking happen (O..m..g..) Tell everyone you know because it's going too happen!!!

~Like a crazy little child running around the house screaming at the top of his lungs~

Hey, its going to happen. ;)

I hear what you are saying,I really do. It is in all honesty.a very thin line to tread in my opinion. What to show, what not to show, what to reveal and so forth. I do not envy whoever has to make those kinds of tough decisions on a daily basis. I guess what I was trying to get across was where does the freedom of cd projekts creative vision begin and end if and when, fans can simply complain to their hearts desire until heads implode - leading to game changes? After the gore is cleaned up and they no longer have eyes to see the magnificent alteration of course :p.

I am not completely against the fans,which of course,includes myself, having a say in some of the aspects of the game.Not at all. I just question where it begins and where it should end. At the end of the day, it is cd projekt's game and passion, yes, we share that love and passion but we are not creating the game.They are.

The problem with visual changes or any change truly, is that most are of a subjective nature. What I love, you may hate and vice versa. One wants to drink potions mid combat ,another prefers that we have to prepare before battle,then you would have those who love the metabolism idea of poitions ,Just for one example. I am sure you see the dilemma and what I am trying to express.

Either way, I see both sides of this question and equally understand and respect the view points. Like I said, it is a thin line. On the topic at hand, I wholeheartedly believe what we are talking about involving the revealing of **spoiler-ish** images and video to be relevant to PR strategy. Could potentially use it's own thread unless one already exists? I would be curious to see how other fans feel about this specific topic.

Considering fan favorite characters yet to be seen - Something tells me between the brilliant artists,writers and creative minds @ CDPRD and The incredible fan art, we should have nothing to worry about. :smiling:

I trust cd projekt red.Although not blindly,my head hasn't imploded just yet.Still have my eyes to witness the magnificence That will be the release of Witcher 3

Last edited:
I think one of EmperorZorns fears could be that his favorite character may not have the look and feel that he personally feels is deserving of Ciri? Am I right?

Not really, to be honest.

I think that the Witcher franchise is in capable hands, and after the first two games I have no more concerns about that.
Of course I have no idea if their idea of Ciri is even remotely similar to mine, but that's the gift and curse of books.

I do know that CDPR won't be able to please everyone, because imagination is far more forgiving and flexible than anything else.

But hey, look what an amazing job CDPR has done with Geralt.
He turned out better than I imagined him to be after reading the books.

I really do not have any fear, I have faith in CDPR.

Although I have to say that @JustAnor25 has managed to draw every character from the Witcher books exactly
how I imagined them to be. CDPR, why haven't you hired Tania yet ?

Oh, let me plug her work - gotta promote my favorite artist: http://justanor.deviantart.com/

Drop her a nice comment if you want, she'll appreciate it.

Not really, to be honest.

I think that the Witcher franchise is in capable hands, and after the first two games I have no more concerns about that.
Of course I have no idea if their idea of Ciri is even remotely similar to mine, but that's the gift and curse of books.

I do know that CDPR won't be able to please everyone, because imagination is far more forgiving and flexible than anything else.

But hey, look what an amazing job CDPR has done with Geralt.
He turned out better than I imagined him to be after reading the books.

I really do not have any fear, I have faith in CDPR.

Although I have to say that @JustAnor25 has managed to draw every character from the Witcher books exactly
how I imagined them to be. CDPR, why haven't you hired Tania yet ?

Oh, let me plug her work - gotta promote my favorite artist: http://justanor.deviantart.com/

Drop her a nice comment if you want, she'll appreciate it.

Thanks,I appreciate your honesty. I actually had decided to edit that sentence out of fear it might of come off the wrong way. If it did,I apologize.

I look forward to checking out her work , although, for fear of interfering with my own imagination and the specific characters descriptions/appearances I will envision,I will hold off for just now. See, I've not finished reading all of the books yet. Shamefully, I am a little late to the party. If not for the Witcher games, I might of never came across Andrzej Sapkowski and The Witcher Universe. For that alone, I am humbly grateful towards cd projekt red and this community.

Last edited:
I look forward to checking out her work , although, for fear of interfering with my own imagination and the specific characters descriptions/appearances I will envision,I will hold off for just now. See, I've not finished reading all of the books yet. Shamefully, I am a little late to the party lol If not for the Witcher games, I might of never came across Andrzej Sapkowski and The Witcher Universe. For that alone I am humbly grateful towards cd projekt red and this community.

Oh, you have to be very careful around here then !

We don't always have spoiler tags where they are supposed to be,
so I suggest to avoid reading any topics about the Wild Hunt,
or you might spoil yourself about a major plot point of TW3.

Anyways, you're always welcome here - if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Oh, you have to be very careful around here then !

We don't always have spoiler tags where they are supposed to be,
so I suggest to avoid reading any topics about the Wild Hunt,
or you might spoil yourself about a major plot point of TW3.

Anyways, you're always welcome here - if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Agreed, I do need to tread carefully or read even faster! I enjoy coming here so it's very hard sometimes, I still remember lurking here for a year or two and trying to not read any spoilers about Witcher 2.

Since I didn't have the best PC at the time, I refused to play W2 until I had the proper gaming rig to do it justice! You are 100% correct though,I just wish the books were all translated to English. I do not speak any other languages,at least not fluently.

I have the fan translated versions though so I should be good to go. Thank you for the advice.It's appreciated.

Last edited:
As an Englishman I played the games before I got into the books (finishing up Times of Contempt soon that's how far behind I am) so my imagination just goes back to the games for the most part when I picture the characters.

Hello please confirm the witcher 3 game is 100 % compatible nvidia 3d vision ???

Sadly we don't have any information regarding that as of yet. But they are working closely with Nvidia, so it would be safe to assume it will have 3D Vision. I think TW2 had it too. But I'm guessing we're going to get confirmation regarding this only when we're much closer to release.

Jupiter_on_Mars

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/06/twitch-broadcast-schedule-for-e3/

Twitch Broadcast Schedule for E3

Monday 6/9 PT
(...)
•2:30pm – Bethesda (Unannounced title)
•3:00pm – Ubisoft 2014 E3 Media Briefing
•4:00pm – Ubisoft 2014 E3 Media Briefing Post show
•4:30pm – Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)
•5:00pm – Dying Light (Techland)
(...)

Looks like we're getting something on the 9th, before the IGN showcase.
[URL="Ttwitch TV link] www.twitch.tv/Twitch[/URL]

Last edited:
30min presentation?

Top Bottom