Places you can visit in witcher 3

+
That's what I am talking about. The Nilfgaardian Forces are already at Vizima and Vengerberg at least.
So there is a good chance Vizima will be the vertical border on the map and everything left of it is playable.
Of course it is possible that we can visit Vizima (parts of it) once when we meet Emhyr

Didn't they reach all the way to the Pontar in that cinematic?

Didn't they reach all the way to the Pontar in that cinematic?

They did, or at least the map darkened up to the Pontar.
But war is quite unpredictable I guess, so there are no true borders :p
Maybe a certain Natalis is left into no man's land to make querilla war, queen Meve style.

Is it confirmed that Vizima isn't conquered already by Nilfgaard? I thought all the time it was.

Actually I think Vizima is some kind of the HQ of the nilfgaardian forces where we're up to meet eventually Emhyr?

Makes a lot of sense, hadn't thought of that, and its also really dramatic in terms of story, I mean Emhyr staying in Foltest's palace is a really good symbol for Nilfgaard's conquer of the north

Makes a lot of sense, hadn't thought of that, and its also really dramatic in terms of story, I mean Emhyr staying in Foltest's palace is a really good symbol for Nilfgaard's conquer of the north

But why not Cintra? I mean, if we are going to dream, lets dream BIG!

But why not Cintra? I mean, if we are going to dream, lets dream BIG!

Exactly.

It'd be so epic if the showdown was in Cintra, it's a symbol for a lot of things:
Ciri's home, Emhyr's err... very special place and the foothold of Nilfgaards advance into the Northern Kingdoms.

Imagine Geralt and Ciri strolling into the palace, Ciri facing her imposter as a reflection of the life she could have led,
Geralt having a conversation with Emhyr and Nilfgaards forces gathering up to make a final stand against the Wild Hunt.

*epic fireworks*

@StaGiors @EmperorZorn

Yeah but I mean, he already conquered Cintra once and its on the edge of the NK, Vizima on the other hand is right at the heart and also very near Brenna, plus the forces at Brenna were commanded by Temeria, so its seen by the people as the country that defeated him (although who actually defeated Emhyr was Esterad of Kovir imo), so what would be better to lower the north's morale and to make his presence felt in the north than making Vizima his "Capital in the North", it would be the real meaning of "Piercing the Heart of the Northern Realms", it would be like saying "I am here and now I feast in the halls of King Foltest, the king who once defeated me is no more, tremble nordlings, the north is mine!!" (Oh man I just heard this in Charles Dance's voice in my head and got the hype feels)
:victory: :hatsoff:

Last edited:
True that, but also........
...Ciri!

And I really wanna see Brokilon and how it is nearly unaffected by the invading Nilfgaardians :p
If Cintra is in, Brokilon is in!

Also I am not so sure we will be seeing too much of Emhyr. I would imagine that he would show up sometime during the main questline, but otherwise be in Nilfgaard. After all in the books he rarely left his palace, because he was truly needed in the capital. He only left to go to the celebrations of the peace summit in Cintra, to visit the false Ciri, and that time he appeared in Stygga Castle

Last edited:
True that, but also........
...Ciri!

And I really wanna see Brokilon and how it is nearly unaffected by the invading Nilfgaardians :p
If Cintra is in, Brokilon is in!

Imagine the bastards burning it all down and the Dryads fighting for the last patches of unharmed forest!! ooohhh the feels again!!

Imagine the bastards burning it all down and the Dryads fighting for the last patches of unharmed forest!! ooohhh the feels again!!

I remember at one point in the books, Nimue saying that Brokilon is still unaffected by humans. So I would guess no Nilfgaardian set foot in the forest, THEY BETTER NOT HAVE!

Cities in The Witcher 3

I was just wondering about cities in the witcher 3, and how many cities there will actually be, I mean the map is said to be bigger then Skyrim and Skyrim had 7 big cities if I remember correctly. So does anyone have any knowledge on the amount of cities we can expect to visit during the witcher 3?

There have been 3 Cities confirmed so far.

Kaer Trolde
(Right you are @Kinley, I was thinking of Kaer Trolde. If you take into consideration that there is also a port, I think there is some ground for a City to be developed. But yeah, nowhere close to the size of Novigrad.)
Novigrad
Oxenfurt

Then the speculation begins.

Wyzima
Gors Velen
Cidaris
Bremervoord
La Valette
Kerrack
Duen Canell (Dryad Capital of Brokilon)
Ellander

Then the wild speculation begins.

Maribor
Cintra
Tretogor

There will also be a number of smaller cities most probably.

Here is the link to a helpful map. Look for Temeria and you will spot every City I've mentioned from there.

http://sendfile.pl/26870/view/mapa_orteliusa_new_with_heraldic1.1.PNG

Last edited:
I was just wondering about cities in the witcher 3, and how many cities there will actually be, I mean the map is said to be bigger then Skyrim and Skyrim had 7 big cities if I remember correctly. So does anyone have any knowledge on the amount of cities we can expect to visit during the witcher 3?

We don't know any exact numbers. But so far we know that Novigrad will be in the game (the biggest city in the North), Oxenfurt as well, Vizima maybe (based on the throne room seen in the Sword of Destiny trailer), but not sure to what extent.

As to how big these cities will be, we don't know for sure. Novigrad and it's surroundings is getting it's own region, so I'm guessing it'll be pretty big.

Skyrim had 7 big cities
Heh. I'm willing to bet the cities in W3 will be nothing like what we've seen in Skyrim. For one they'll make more sense, that's for sure.

Ard Skellig

I wouldn't call Ard Skellig a city, it's an island. But I'm guessing Kaer Trolde will be there though (more of a fortress than a city, but still). I wouldn't expect huge cities in a place like Skellige, mainly due to it's climate and terrain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom