How to get CD-Key If Not In Box

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

bh

Senior user
How to get CD-Key If Not In Box

Having Ordered my Witcher from amazon.co.uk I was abit suprised when I found no CD-Key in the Box ;)Having looked around I found it was to be found on the manual that was on the Disk, but... alas mine was not to be foundI've solved my problem so heres a small guide if you find your self in the same Situation. ------Step 1: Check that you have the CD-Key (On the first page of manual) ------ Step 2: Take the barcode from the back of the CD-Box and write it down somewhere. ------Step 3: Send an Email to UK.CustomerServices@atari.com using the following templateI recently bought the Witcher Game from [PLACE] and there is no CD-Key in the manual.Please could you send me a Registration key; the Barcode on the Back of the box is- [BARCODE]Thanks alot for the Help in Advance \[YOUR NAME]------Step 4: Wait for the EmailI waited about 10 mins (Very good Service or Fast Robot ;D) ------Hope this helps :-*

That's brilliant :) I'd have gone through the retailer but it's nice to hear positive stories about Atari customer support :)

Not quite that quick for me, in fact I now been waiting two days? ::)Think its worth emailing them a second time? ;D

:) For your information, I don´t even NEED that CD Key...and sure you can find some working key in internet

duudson said:
:) For your information, I don´t even NEED that CD Key...and sure you can find some working key in internet
Wow. You are so cool. Stealing the game and all.

Zanderat said:
Zanderat said:
For your information, I bought it, and so that gives me right to mod it the way I wantIf I don´t wanna use dvd while opening the game then I do something about it, original DVD is too precious (and expensive) to use EVERYDAY.And if I wanna make one BACKUP I do it, and get rid of things that this backup works be it CD key or copy protection...consumer right is to make one backup.And if I have those rights then I have RIGHT to use it. Ask a lawyer.

duudson said:
duudson said:
duudson said:
For your information, I bought it, and so that gives me right to mod it the way I wantIf I don´t wanna use dvd while opening the game then I do something about it, original DVD is too precious (and expensive) to use EVERYDAY.And if I wanna make one BACKUP I do it, and get rid of things that this backup works be it CD key or copy protection...consumer right is to make one backup.And if I have those rights then I have RIGHT to use it. Ask a lawyer.
Umm, ok. I have yet to ever have a CD or DVD for ANY game, going back all the way to classic DOOM in th 90's, ever go bad. Aargh, there be pirates, matey. And all that. ;D Anyone who advocates using a downloaded crack is a thief.

Um, no? He's right, the consumer has the right to make one backup copy. Just because you get a crack doesnt mean you are a thief. If you tell someone who hasnt bought the game to get one, you still are not a thief. He is, if he follows your advice.

Slicer77 said:
Um, no? He's right, the consumer has the right to make one backup copy. Just because you get a crack doesnt mean you are a thief. If you tell someone who hasnt bought the game to get one, you still are not a thief. He is, if he follows your advice.
Advocating and supplying the info is the same as the act.AND obtaining a crack is not the same as a back up.

What about us lazy people who can't be arsed to change DVD/CD all the time???????????????? We're not lacking in morality just motivation, it's a long way from my computer to the cupboard I keep my games in.Anyway I bought the game off amazon and it didn't even ask for a key to install, problem is thus far I haven't been able to launch it.My advice regulate your own behaviour and stop judging others. I've never understood forum anger merchants.

applelover said:
What about us lazy people who can't be arsed to change DVD/CD all the time???????????????? We're not lacking in morality just motivation, it's a long way from my computer to the cupboard I keep my games in.Anyway I bought the game off amazon and it didn't even ask for a key to install, problem is thus far I haven't been able to launch it.My advice regulate your own behaviour and stop judging others. I've never understood forum anger merchants.
Not an "anger merchant". Just someone who feels developers and publishers deserve to be compensated for their efforts. YOU GET PAID FOR YOUR WORK, RIGHT? It's really a simple enough concept. 8)

Yes I agree entirely about developers, but not about accusing people of theft without any evidence whatsoever

Slicer77 said:
In which country? In the Uk there is no such right by default, and even if the right to backup is specified in the EULA (which it sometimes is) then using a crack is still illegal under european wide law.

applelover said:
Yes I agree entirely about developers, but not about accusing people of theft without any evidence whatsoever
Hmm. Advocating a downloaded crack isn't "evidence"?

The law is in the US. I dont know about the UK. Getting a crack is legit, as long as you have the original game. If i tell someone to go rob a bank, and then they go rob a bank, who gets the most jail time? The guy who actually robbed the bank, or the guy who told him to, if that guy gets any at all? So you see that advocating something is NOT the same thing as actually doing it.Its like the protesters against the war in San Fran. They had signs that said, "We support our troops... when they shoot their officers." They weren't arrested for this, because advocating doing something is NOT the same thing as actually doing it. If a trooper had then shot one of his officers, he would most certainly have been arrested.

Slicer77 said:
The law is in the US. I dont know about the UK. Getting a crack is legit, as long as you have the original game. If i tell someone to go rob a bank, and then they go rob a bank, who gets the most jail time? The guy who actually robbed the bank, or the guy who told him to, if that guy gets any at all? So you see that advocating something is NOT the same thing as actually doing it.Its like the protesters against the war in San Fran. They had signs that said, "We support our troops... when they shoot their officers." They weren't arrested for this, because advocating doing something is NOT the same thing as actually doing it. If a trooper had then shot one of his officers, he would most certainly have been arrested.
Splitting hairs. Advocating means that you believe in it.

Slicer77 said:
The law is in the US. I dont know about the UK. Getting a crack is legit, as long as you have the original game.
Well that's not very helpful for the OP who is clearly from the UK and where getting a crack is definitely illegal.

Hi,I recently purchased a UK version of the game, and hearing of the upcoming enhancements, would like to download them when they are available.As I understand it, this will require me to register the game.However, the registration program instructs me to use the key off the back of the game manual. Problem is, my version of the game doesn't have a printed manual, just an electronic version on the disk.There does not appear to be a key on the case or any of the other included material either.I've contacted Atari support, but i'm still awaiting a response, and so would appreciate any feedback from other people who might be having the same problem.A quick google search suggests that the version I have is different than the standard UK version, as it has no manual and includes a 'Nightwish' music disk.Other than this, it appears to be an entirely legitimate game.I purchased it from Ebay, and it was still sealed and apparently brand new. I don't live in the UK.Any help would be appreciated.

Alright, problem solved. Atari got back to me, and all I had to do was email them the barcode from the back of the case.They then sent me the registration key.Very prompt customer service too. Good for them.Sorry for wasting space on your forum with my problem!

heliconaut said:
Alright, problem solved. Atari got back to me, and all I had to do was email them the barcode from the back of the case.They then sent me the registration key.Very prompt customer service too. Good for them.Sorry for wasting space on your forum with my problem!
Don't be! The point is to help each other and by telling us both your problem and more importantly how it was possible to correct it you've probably helped reassure other people :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom