Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
A combination tribute to Garrison Keillor ("Guy Noir, Private Eye") and Morrowind.

A dark night in a city that knows how to keep its secrets. . . . But on the 12th Floor of the Acme Building, one man is still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions: Guy Noir, Private Eye.
She was tall, blonde, in jeans that looked sprayed on and a T-shirt so tight I could study her bone structure. I could see she wasn't from Duluth. There were no chinstrap marks on her neck, her hair hadn't been deformed by stocking caps, she didn't have that roll of fat around her middle... her midriff was as tight as the cap on a pickle jar.

Lord Nerevar Indoril, Hai Resdaynia! Long forgotten, forged anew! Three belied you, three betrayed you! One you betrayed was three times true! Lord Voryn Dagoth, Dagoth Ur, steadfast liegeman, faithful friend, bids you come and climb Red Mountain! Beneath Red Mountain, once again, break your bonds, shed cursed skin, and purge the n'wah from Morrowind!

Last edited:
Mine somewhat translates awfully to Emperor in Magyar/Hungarian. Apostolic King of the Crown lands of St. Stephen just isn't as good as a title of Imperial status. Karl von Habsburg-Lothingren can have Austria, but he has no rights over my future throne.

I'm pretty sure there was already a thread about the origin of our nicknames. But in the spirit of The Witcher board (and Geralt's amnesia) here it goes again.

Mine is simple. I like norse mythology and literature. The Volsungs are a clan of humans favored by Odin, all of which are involved in tragedy. I liked the saga and the name of King Volsung, the patriarch, so I chose that. I just hope my sons (if I ever have any) won't be eaten alive by a giant she-wolf.

Is that your actual name or nickname, just out interest. Cyrillic is almost non-existent over here. The only foreign languages we're taught are French, German and Spanish.

Damn it Reptile, that picture is just freaky!

It's not just a nickname, i'ts my name with swapped letters. :p

@Blothulfur be healthy! :)
@Guy N'wah I hope Ordinators doesn't bother you much since you are an Outlander?

Last edited:
I had a dream ten years ago, a vision where I was a cat and was following the boots of a hairwhite Witcher......

If you haven't noticed I'm kidding

And thank all of you very much for your wishes of yesterday. And Thanks to CDPR for their nicd e-mail!

Last edited:
I invented my nickname when I was creating a character for Neverwinter Nights. My character was a Half-Elf, so I wanted his name to sound something like Elrond, but with my first name´s letters (Diego) in it. Thus, Gedierond was born, and I´ve used it in a lot of games and online sites since then.

I invented my nickname when I was creating a character for Neverwinter Nights. My character was a Half-Elf, so I wanted his name to sound something like Elrond, but with my first name´s letters (Diego) in it. Thus, Gedierond was born, and I´ve used it in a lot of games and online sites since then.
My first NwN was such an embarrassment I think even my shrink won't hear about it.

Alright since we are still on this topic, my name comes from my first and last names combined.
Its pretty much what I use anywhere I go, online..
Also it has a secret meaning in my head, one that I am not quite ready to share.
You guys are all intrigued I KNOW!

Alright since we are still on this topic, my name comes from my first and last names combined.
Its pretty much what I use anywhere I go, online..
Also it has a secret meaning in my head, one that I am not quite ready to share.
You guys are all intrigued I KNOW!

Like a super secret secret?

Or like a secret string inside a secret box that when pulled opens a secret compartment to a super embarrassing picture of of someone at a Christmas party that even Squidward's house can't know about?

Like a super secret secret?

Or like a secret string inside a secret box that when pulled opens a secret compartment to a super embarrassing picture of of someone at a Christmas party that even Squidward's house can't know about?

Very Secret Box
Or is it?

Been a while since I posted anything here. I have always been stalking around though, just didn't have much to say. :sofa:

Oh I should add - LOVED THE NEW TRAILER. Had everything it needed to get me hyped again. ^_^

Good morning guys!
You all sure went crazy last night, its going to take me days to read through it all..
Also, EXCITEMENT, HAPPINESS AND LOUD NOISES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom