The live 5th of June Livestream Analysis Thread

+

Attachments

• ciri.JPG
    ciri.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 36
That's my problem actually. In TW1 he was actually ugly, which I found pretty refreshing since all video game heroes are pin-up boys/girls. As of now he looks like George Cloony with scars. And he's actually described as not exactly good looking in the books (as well as some of the sorceresses btw.).

Its kinda strange that Ciri looks older than Yennefer.
Maybe its just the angle, we need a frontal view of her, maybe then we also see the disfiguring scar she has
(Those 2 scars on her right cheek look too small to be THE scar)

i Thought it was letho but you may be right! although the dopplers dont show their real form unless necesary becouse they were killed for the common belief they were monsters.

Amazing trailer! Loved it! Love the new face designs also! Underwater exploration is very exciting! I remember when people asked about that possibility months and months ago, and CDPR said that it was unlikely that there would be any ability to go underwater. It's amazing how they continue to add more features to the game. Most developers would say, "Hey, we have enough. We can sell the game as it is now." But not CDPR, which is 1 of the reasons that everyone loves them.

I'm hoping to see some uninterrupted gameplay at E3. As in a game demo. What would you say are the chances of seeing that?

The faces look way more natural than before. Honestly you're probably too attached to previous faces which may be why you don't like the changes from first sight.

Well I guess people got so used to the mannequin faces of the first Witcher, then the Puppet faces of the second, that the new natural look looks worse to them.
Which is funny because no matter how hard I try to look at the old faces with my rose tinted nostalgia glasses, I still get an uncanny valley vibe from them which I dont with the new faces.

Maybe its just the angle, we need a frontal view of her, maybe then we also see the disfiguring scar she has

She's a Sorceress, she can look as young as she wants.

and is it just me being nit-picky or color blind or is Geralt's hair still gray?

Well I guess people got so used to the mannequin faces of the first Witcher, then the Puppet faces of the second, that the new natural look looks worse to them.
Which is funny because no matter how hard I try to look at the old faces with my rose tinted nostalgia glasses, I still get an uncanny valley vibe from them which I dont with the new faces.

Something that particularly struck me is the changes in Triss face. In the boat scene noably she has an authoritharian and mature look unline W2 where she looked more naive. I've yet to see how this fits with how she's behaving in W3.

aHA! So you do agree that there is something off about the faces?

since the creature riding with Geralt on the horse could be a doppler can we asume we have the silver chain since that is the way to turn it to its normal shape?

Jupiter_on_Mars

It's Triss' the face I find ever so slightly off, as though skewed. But since she seems to be casting a spell, might be from all the effort she's putting into it.

The landscape shot at 1:15 looks fucking magical. The pink-ish lighting is a brilliant touch.

Top Bottom