The live 5th of June Livestream Analysis Thread

+
Oh you have NO idea
I still remember when slimgrim was bitching about the change of the fighting system before the release of Witcher 2, now hes the first one to rush to its defence when someones criticising it.

Im pretty sure some complainers will eventually get used to it/prefer it how things are in W3

I know I'm going to sound like a bit of a jackass here... I know everybody is different, different opinions & I have nothing against some healthy discussion.

But so much of this just literally sounds like, "But (Insert revealed character here) isn't exactly as I imagined it from the books.
Like are we really going to end up having a discussion that Yennefer's hair isn't curly enough or LONG enough (Like really, it's not like she's sporting a bob)... Or Ciri isn't precisely the right shade of "Ashen" or that she looks more like 25 than 20.

Changes made to previous characters? Sure, if you think Geralt looks way too different from TW2, than discuss away, I don't agree but that is valid IMO. But unless there's something DRASTICALLY wrong with one of these new characters (Which there isn't), I don't really see the validity of such intense nitpicking.

Ah, fuck it, whatever. Go for your life people, I'll just stay out of it.

Yeah Dr. Doom is a bit of a mystery, though that is a good thing.
At least one could assume that he(?) is of Nilfgaardian nationality. The cloak/hood looks pretty similar to Cynthia's in Loc Muinne.

I am trying hard not to watch the trailers, I am still playing the first one and love it. I hope I can finish it and the second before 3 comes out but I doubt it.

There aren't actually THAT many spoilers in the trailers. Though I would avoid the Debut Trailer if I were you until you finished TW2.
Also, I would not necessarily hang around in this thread (no offense, but kinda spoiler-heavy here.

As for TW2, get going man, play TW1 and then go to TW2, it's one hell of a ride :D

@ Jack Bauer 24
there will be a new GOG plataform for on-line gaming (supports cross-gaming with STEAM) that will be DRM.free (its called GOG GALAXY).

Also a nice video of making of the "Geralt batttling a Griffin" statue that comes with the CE. You can check that in You tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91l2DXXuMsA

Also, they announced "the Witcher adventure game" for PC, Mac and IOS, to launch this December (basically an online translation od the Tabletop game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HAGdh5zRxg

Last edited:
I believe that that's a Wyvern/Royal Wyvern and not a Manticore, and the place that Ciri was visiting looks a bit like the place where you fight the King of the Wild Hunt to me if I remember correctly.

Also since when does Geralt have black eyebrows, did he get younger while we weren't looking or something?

P.S. You know you did good when the customers biggest complain is the color of the eyebrows on a character. ;)

The trailer was simply amazing. I wasn't expecting to see all of the characters, Ciri, Yennefer. Emhyr...
Though I'm slightly disappointed with Geralt's new face, and Yennefer's face. she seems childish.

I hope the romance scenes are not full cloth-on though. But as far as I know that can be changed back and forth pretty fast in the engine and I think the clothes-on version in the trailer had other reasons... So I am not really worried.

As for Yen, I really hope she has Black Hair. If anyone of CDPR reads this, please, in case I am wrong here I apologize but her hair looks more brown then black, maybe you could make it just a little darker ? (I also liked the slightly darker red of Triss, but that is not THAT important).

Oh by the way, about the subject of the faces, for those of you that dont remember or know, there was an old interview with a dev where I recall clearly that they said they were trying to make faces and characters more exaggerated and perhaps less realistic, to bring out more of their features.

I have to see exactly what was the result of this approach of course, but that might explain why some faces look distinctly different than before, and different in a matter of style, not just pass of time, events, etc.
yes look at grimaces specially on geralt face.
Edit:well done cdprojekt,the world is more alive :)

Last edited:
1313190]Is there any source where I can see the full lifestream?
Sadly didn't have the time to watch it :-/[/QUOTE]

I uploaded it on Yt ;) ... I cut out the gog website talk & board game though
[video=youtube;l-EcHYZwYcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-EcHYZwYcQ&list=UUIwYypy96Ti96ii5a-wuepw[/video][QUOTE=Wolfsblvt;

Right. I am officially incredibly hyped up for The Witcher 3. I am having trouble coming to terms with the fact that so many moons yet remain before I can sink my teeth into this - almost guaranteed - masterpiece of a game. I have fallen in love with the prospect and possibilities, and there is no reason for me to doubt that this will be one of the most memorable and exciting gaming experiences of my lifetime. I will place a pre-order with GOG soon, once I've looked over the finances of this month. I am also considering getting the Collector's Edition... but that decision requires much more deliberation.

So... TW3, I knew, would bring with it the first appearance of some truly prolific characters. I speak mainly of our beloved Ciri and Yennefer, of course. I do not think that this game series has ever had a more important portrayal of any main characters; at least not since Geralt himself, which I think they pulled off very well. Now we have had our first glimpses of both the Child of Destiny and her mother, and I must say that I am not entirely pleased. Naturally, the in part limited descriptions Sapkowski has given us in the books leaves character appearances very much open for interpretation, and each reader probably paints an image for themselves, in their own head, that represents these two vital characters in the story of Geralt. Even so, I think what CDPR has done here contradicts many of those personal interpretations; at least partially.

I would not call Ciri's design disappointing per se, but it still leaves room for improvement. Naturally, she's an adult now, so things have changed, but I never quite pictured her face to be so pointed and angular, but most of all I feel she looks too 'prettied up' in the scene we see in the trailer. A bit too painted, I dare say, which clashes quite a bit with how I've always pictured her when out on her adventures. This only feeds another concern that I've been grappling with from the start: I hope that they did not make away with her big, disfiguring scar on the left side of her face like they did Triss's scar for obvious 'sexy' reasons. When it comes to portrayal of women in gaming media, few things hurt me more than when developers 'get rid of' or otherwise 'repair' imperfections evident on the character. It is cowardly and in many ways outright insulting.

Yennefer doesn't really disappoint strongly either, but there are things that just feel off about her. Most obvious is the lack of the raven black hair that so often figures in during the novels, here replaced with a darker shade of brown, and she also comes off as a bit too short or not as imposing, mainly due to too rounded (or soft) features and a too young a complexion in general. She always struck me as looking more mature and strict, albeit regally beautiful and enchanting in a way only an experienced sorceress could look.

We obviously don't have much to go on. There will be more images surfacing over the coming months, and we honestly don't know for sure what the final versions of these characters will look like in the game. Some might even think I'm nit-picking, but I am simply much too passionate about this world - and these two characters in particular - not to care about how they are portrayed. It's a strange feeling, but I feel they must be made justice in every which way. Most of the other characters I can allow much more artistic licence and leeway in how they are designed, but Ciri and Yennefer are nestled too closely in my heart to allow the same kind of freedom.

Like I said, though: I'm very hyped. Aside from Ciri and Yennefer, I am particularly excited about the reunion of the witchers and meeting Emhyr (again), as well as to explore much more of this fantastically engrossing - and unique - world.

Last edited:
Top Bottom