The Witcher 3 Collectors Edition Price

+
Yeah I agree. I usually say, if a CE is over 100 euros then there's no way in hell I'm buying it. It's often simply not worth it. The content is usually garbage. And with content I mean the game is usually not worth the asking price. The doodads that come with the edition are usually kinda cool.

I did pre order the CE for about 150 euros and my goooood it hurt my soul. That's a lot of money. If it was ANYONE else, I'd tell them to go fuck themselves. But RED are passionate, dedicated, competent, respect the consumer and don't try to fuck us in the ass by milking us with bullshit DLCs, so I am willing to pay that much. In fact, more than willing. I told myself way before the reveal that no matter the price, I was gonna buy it. 'Cause it's fucking RED man.

Still though. I have never, ever, paid that much for any game before. And I seriously doubt I'll ever do it again. Well, I mean, if RED meets the ridiculously high expectations of the Witcher 3 then I'll definitely buy another CE by them. I guess my point it, one shouldn't buy a CE lightly. That shit requires some serious consideration and you gotta make sure you're supporting a good developer. Good in the sense that they know what they're doing AND they have sound business ethics, where they don't try to mess with the consumer and treat him like a fucking walking wallet.

This is my thoughts on the matter exactly. I don't even buy low cost CE anymore. Haven't got one in years. but here I am pre-ordering the end of my streak.

Polish version of The Witcher 3 CE is 349.99 zt. Converting this to UK currency is roughly £69.34. I can only buy the CE on Amazon or Game which are both charging "£129.99. Why is it so much more expensive?

If what you say is true then I absolutely agree with you.
Actually that is outrageous IMO.
ESPECIALLY if CD Project Red is only getting less than £69.34 out of it.....

Why's the Polish version so cheap? I get that CDPR is Polish, but still...

That's only 115 USD, which is 35 USD less than what the CE costs in the US. Where's that 35USD going? Clearly not to CDPR.

Last edited:
It's definitely not 50€ for the retailer. Part of the costs is shipping the game from the factory or from storage in Poland to your country (by train/plane/truck or whatever - ie the transport or postal company), part of the money goes to the company (distributor) that imports the game in your country (which usually isn't the retailer), part of the money goes to the distributor. Each of these companies want to make a profit. And then part goes to local taxes in your country.

I think this says it for everything (a reply from a guy when I asked the same question in a different thread).

Rudal

Forum veteran
Yeah, a lite CE wouldn't be bad. The figurine surely is unique and amazing but if they could remove just the figurine for that "lite" edition we might get something in the middle of both.

EDIT: You know what would be cool though, if there are more pre-orders then expected they might drop the price, that would be awesome. Judging from the sheer hype of all the internet basically being be-Witch-ed (got that one ? :p) I would not be surprised if they got a lot of pre-orders more than expected, especially looking at the number of people who ordered the CE.

Polish version of CE ran out this morning for PC platform.
Didn't take long to sell over 8000 copies. :D

OMFG Barf DAI wants $170 for their CE and the stuff they have is crap compared to TW3 WTF!! lol...

Last edited:

Tares

Forum veteran
Why's the Polish version so cheap? I get that CDPR is Polish, but still...

That's only 115 USD, which is 35 USD less than what the CE costs in the US. Where's that 35USD going? Clearly not to CDPR.
Maybe all these additional stuff from CE will be manufactured in Poland and that's the reason of price gap?
+ CE in Poland is distributed by CDP.pl (company belongs to CD Projekt Group)

Last edited:
It`s no secret that Witcher is considerably cheaper in Poland compared to other countires. This was the case with TW1 as well as TW 2. I also checked the price ( I lived in UK for a time and I sometimes buy games or clothes from there) and actually UK CE version is almost two times more expensive than polish one. Had I been american or from western europe I would be pissed actually, though I understand CDPRED policy here. They know that piracy is a big problem in the east of europe and by lowering the price they prevent some of it.

Edit: I was pretty surprised that this kind of discussion didn't pop out when TW2 was relased.
Edit2:I was not going to include this in my post initially but, hey why not. People bitch about the higjt price but they forget they will play ONCE. That`s the policy of CDPR, you buy the game you own it - they never charged for DLC or EE. Now I am betting, and I am nothing if not a betting man, that some of you would buy a game for 60-70 dollars and then spend another 100 or more for the DLCs. I get the fact that people just get appaled when they have to fork out a trasure for a game but I believe in case of TW it`s worth to pay few extra bucks.

Last edited:
It`s no secret that Witcher is considerably cheaper in Poland compared to other countires. This was the case with TW1 as well as TW 2. I also checked the price ( I lived in UK for a time and I sometimes buy games or clothes from there) and actually UK CE version is almost two times more expensive than polish one. Had I been american or from western europe I would be pissed actually, though I understand CDPRED policy here. They know that piracy is a big problem in the east of europe and by lowering the price they prevent some of it.

Edit: I was pretty surprised that this kind of discussion didn't pop out when TW2 was relased.
Edit2:I was not going to include this in my post initially but, hey why not. People bitch about the higjt price but they forget they will play ONCE. That`s the policy of CDPR, you buy the game you own it - they never charged for DLC or EE. Now I am betting, and I am nothing if not a betting man, that some of you would buy a game for 60-70 dollars and then spend another 100 or more for the DLCs. I get the fact that people just get appaled when they have to fork out a trasure for a game but I believe in case of TW it`s worth to pay few extra bucks.

Lol, sorry dude but I live in Germany.
That's like - right next to Polen. Low shipping, low wages.
I still have to pay a lot more.
I don't mind the polish edition being cheaper - I even understand and support that.
Bur for it to be SUCH a difference (namely 45 €) is really a lot.

Actually, my main problem as for all that live in SouthAmerica, is the huge shipping costs. Add to that also HUGE custom taxes (its like 50% of the total value of retail price +shipping). In the end, I would had to dish out some US$300, which is absolutely insane. I guess I could ve got back some if Id sell the statue, but what would be the point?
Some of us are screwed no matter what, because the region we live in, no way around it. :)

On the bright side, buying it on GOG I only have to pay US$35...

The price is totally justified by all the stuff they put in CE. I bought it 140 Euros, and usually those editions are ten euros more expansive. Plus, all other games CEs give in-game items and things worthless, here it's all physical real things. No, it's not too expansive. And you've got seven months to put money aside, all you have to do to buy it is save 20 euros every month.

Not to come off rude, but if you can't afford it, then you can't afford it. No one is forcing you to buy the CE; it's completely optional. The CE is a premium product, therefore the price is naturally higher. If can't afford it now, then pre-order the CE anyway, and then save up until that fateful day.

Gotta to agree. The CE is a luxury item as gaming in general. Some people aren't even able to afford the standard edition. Just go with the standard edition which still include some cool swags. You'll support CDProjekt's future titles and be able to enjoy the main course of the CE package which is the still the game.

Not to come off rude, but if you can't afford it, then you can't afford it. No one is forcing you to buy the CE; it's completely optional. The CE is a premium product, therefore the price is naturally higher. If can't afford it now, then pre-order the CE anyway, and then save up until that fateful day.

Ahh capitalism at it's finest. What a great example of what is wrong with the world sir. You fuel the greed machine, I hope you are proud of yourself.

You don'T come off rude.
I understand that.

I just wonder why the difference between Poland (~ 85€) and Germany (~ 140€) is so big in the end.
And I am a little disappointed that I can actually NOT buy an edition for more than the standard price but less than the CE, since I really think a dev like CDPR deserves it.

That's all. I'm not mad or so, I was just curious for the reasons of it being so expensive, you know.
I mean if I buy it from a smaller retailer or a shop here in Germany I wouldn't expect anything less, but since Amazon is actually often known to have the best prices for those editions and since it costs not that much in Poland I was curious for an official statement, that's all.

Ahh capitalism at it's finest. What a great example of what is wrong with the world sir. You fuel the greed machine, I hope you are proud of yourself.

I don't see it EXACTLY that way. I think that CDPR is one of the best if it comes to being non-capitalistic. They put a lot of effort in developing the packages and made sure they do NOT separate digital in-game content to sell it in the special editions, which is great.

I don't even think they themselves are mainly responsible for the huge price here.
But I think they might know how that comes together.

I mean hell, I get most of that stuff (except the Artbook, Steelbook, the Medallion and the Figurine) in the Standard Edition (Soundtrack, Map, Witcher Guide) it's amazing.

Just a shame the CE isn't a little cheaper or that there is a Light CE which is somewhere in between.

Last edited:
There is a VERY huge figurine, handpainted. I think this one alone is something like 60-80 € worth.
So yeah, the price is good for me.

this kind of figure is usally worth alot more .. I mean my mass effect Garrus figure was around 70 euro ... and this figure is I think twice as big .. also handpainted which makes even it more worth

You don'T come off rude.
I understand that.

I just wonder why the difference between Poland (~ 85€) and Germany (~ 140€) is so big in the end.
And I am a little disappointed that I can actually NOT buy an edition for more than the standard price but less than the CE, since I really think a dev like CDPR deserves it.

That's all. I'm not mad or so, I was just curious for the reasons of it being so expensive, you know.
I mean if I buy it from a smaller retailer or a shop here in Germany I wouldn't expect anything less, but since Amazon is actually often known to have the best prices for those editions and since it costs not that much in Poland I was curious for an official statement, that's all.

I don't see it EXACTLY that way. I think that CDPR is one of the best if it comes to being non-capitalistic. They put a lot of effort in developing the packages and made sure they do NOT separate digital in-game content to sell it in the special editions, which is great.

I don't even think they themselves are mainly responsible for the huge price here.
But I think they might know how that comes together.

I mean hell, I get most of that stuff (except the Artbook, Steelbook, the Medallion and the Figurine) in the Standard Edition (Soundtrack, Map, Witcher Guide) it's amazing.

Just a shame the CE isn't a little cheaper or that there is a Light CE which is somewhere in between.

I also came across the price difference & really wondered about it.. had no hard feelings though ... one forum member who lives in poland explained to me : "do you know how much 349 tz is for polish people" ? I guess you have to see it in a different light .. since 349 is felt the same as 140 euro if not even more ... smth along those lines .. it cant be helped those are cultural differences... also this is one hell of a CE ... the price is absolutly justified .... normally you wouldnt even get this kind of figure for alone for 140 Euro ... Its really good price to be honest ... Im collecting some figures myself ... if I would guess ,such figures would normally cost 200 to 250 Euro being professionnally made and all that...
there is nothing to complain here really [ keep in mind the price might even drop until release] ALSO keep in mind you get an extra Comic book worth 30 euro for free currently at amazon.de [im not sure if this is true for the CE ]
Would be nice if someone could confirm it ... or ill just send a mail to amazon myself

Edit : yes you get the comic book... so you really get smth for your money here... I start to feel like a salesman .. no but srsly
get the extra 40 euro , CDPR is the one company that truly deserves it .... I probably dont have to tell you that :D ... but I just wanted to speak whats on my mind ...

ps : I dont read comics but this smart move might actually make me buy the rest of the stuff (if I think its good)

Last edited:
Top Bottom