Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another can I run it question?

Although it's just guesswork now, I wanted to recieve your guy's opinion on my system. What I would want:

- Play the game at most maximum settings, but without Uber sampling of course
- 60 fps is no requirement. If I can get Ultra settings and lock my fps at 30, then that would be fine too (the benefits of being a console gamer for quite some years).
- at least some decent AA.

My rig:

i5 2500k over-clocked to 4.1ghz (I could probably get it to 4.4 ghz though, just haven't had the time to try yet)
8 GB RAM
GIGABYTE GTX 770 2GB not overclocked (yet?)
1920 x 1080

What would you guys say? And when do the system requirements normally release?

Hmm. It's just guesswork but i think it will be difficult, after seing the latest trailer. You might be able to if you clock your graphics card. Though if i where you i would run it at high settings with some AA and AF. Then it would probably runatt 30-50 fps. But remember this is just guesswork.

Yeah, but thats ddr2 so i need to change that anyway.

Oh... lol. I can run the witcher 2 on high settings, so my estimation is that I can run the witcher 3 on minimum. When I have money to upgrade and get a new computer I will. But as long as I can play it and enjoy it, I'm good. It will be awesome to play on maximum but can't have everything.

Do you guys think that the new Intel Broadwell CPUs will be significantly better than current Haswell? I plan to buy a new rig towards the end of the year.

I have i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 8GB RAM and GeForce GT 740M notebook. My PC has AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-core 2.20 GHz, HD 6850 graphic card but only 4GB RAM. Is there any hope I can play the game even on minimal settings or do I have to buy a new PC?

Hmm. It's just guesswork but i think it will be difficult, after seing the latest trailer. You might be able to if you clock your graphics card. Though if i where you i would run it at high settings with some AA and AF. Then it would probably runatt 30-50 fps. But remember this is just guesswork.

Darn. Not the answer I was hoping for....

Yeah, but thats ddr2 so i need to change that anyway.

DDR2 vs. DDR3 shouldn't be a problem. DDR2-800 and DDR3-1600 have the same access time. The most important thing about memory is having enough, not how fast it is.

But I don't think that E6600 is going to be much help, and the 8800GTX can't handle the (required) DirectX 11.

If you must get by on the cheap, and you can get something like a Q9550 for that motherboard (or even a Q6600 and overclock the hell out of it), update the GPU to a 750 or 750Ti, and you could have a playable setup for about $250.

If you must have the game in its full glory, though, you're looking at a whole new computer.

AMD Phenom II X4 940 (i.e. quad core) 3.0 ghz
Radeon 4870 1GB
8 GB RAM
Windows Vista (I know, I know)

Any shot at running it on lowest settings (guesstimate from the pros)?

AMD Phenom II X4 940 (i.e. quad core) 3.0 ghz
Radeon 4870 1GB
8 GB RAM
Windows Vista (I know, I know)

Any shot at running it on lowest settings (guesstimate from the pros)?

4870 is a mean old card, but no go for this game. Game requires DirectX 11, and AMD's first DirectX 11 cards are 5xxx series. Everything else is not spectacular, but not a problem. If you're currently running a 4870, you must have enough power supply for an R9 270 or a 660, maybe an R9 270x or a 760.

what is required to max the game?

Nobody knows. Nobody even has anything remotely resembling a decent guess at this point.

I'd be surprised if an Ivy Bridge or Haswell Core i5, 8GB RAM, and a GTX 780 or 780Ti could not max it at 1920x1080. But it depends on information that has not been revealed and work that has yet to be done.

Last edited:
I have an Intel Core i5-3450 @310
8GB of ram
GTX560TI

What should i look intro upgrading for this game? i'm looking towards an GTX760, but wondering if it might be better to upgrade the CPU first..
Thanks in advance!

I'd be surprised if an Ivy Bridge or Haswell Core i5, 8GB RAM, and a GTX 780 or 780Ti could not max it at 1920x1080. But it depends on information that has not been revealed and work that has yet to be done.

When you say "max it" do you mean maxing and retaining 60 fps or do you mean maxing it and barely getting 30 fps?

When you say "max it" do you mean maxing and retaining 60 fps or do you mean maxing it and barely getting 30 fps?

Nobody who will comment knows. Anybody who makes a claim one way or another and is not a CDPR developer is not informed and does not know.

The game has to be fully playable with all features working on some not-ridiculous set of hardware, otherwise it could not survive in-house testing. So I do not believe rumors that it will require more than what I stated.

I have an Intel I7 4770k 3.4 ghz
Gtx 770 4gb Oc SLI
16 of Ram
1 Tera HHD/250 gb SSD
Asus Z87

I think I'll be able to play it in ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom