E3 Discussion Thread

+
Consoles got in the way it seems... Im really scared for this game right now.

Like it or not, PC will be affected as they can't design a different game on PC and a different one for consoles. When it's on consoles, PC has to follow what consoles have.

Well, in a few hours there will be a half hour presentation. Gotta set an alarm.

Like it or not, PC will be affected as they can't design a different game on PC and a different one for consoles. When it's on consoles, PC has to follow what consoles have.

Sorry, that is just bollocks :D
You can have different input schemes and menu/inventory management for the same game.

That seems true sadly, I am starting to become a bit dehyped after seeing the footage.

All went a bit fast first time watching, but after seeing it again, wow, it looks absolutely great. I love the environments and dialogue! Only bit of critique I got that it looked weird that Geralt's walking speed and animations didn't change after going up a steep slope. But I love what I'm seeing, keep up the good work, CDPR!

There was no excuse for CD to release unpolished gameplay. Microsoft has nothing to do with it, CD is independent.
Also, with only 6 months away, the game should feel a bit more complete.

It is amazing, of course, but I don't understand why they had to show something like that, instead of a proper trailer.

I just want to say that I'll avoid using the Crossbow as much as possible or until I have to.

Do you guys think a lot of the big monsters will always work out like that. Track it, find it, wound it, runs away, track it for final confrontation?

Look on the bright side, it's on next-gen consoles rather than last gen, so the threshold is a little deeper to work with.

But it was so short :/
I love Dragon's Dogma it's the only game I have ever played over and over in my whole life and I'm 34 years old!!
So much potential that game has/had.
I agree That from the looks this will be even better and more fun in many many ways and I can't wait!!!
They nailed the jump and rolling off a cliff animations well I'm stoked I hope we get to climb that thing and kill it in real time combat like Dragon's Dogma tho, so fun;)

Last edited:
-graphics
no surprise there 10/10

-dialogues
Holy shit actual facial animations!!!

-ui
Looks better than witcher 2 already but still not as good as first witcher

-witcher senses
not bad, would like to see how they work in different scenarios

-combat
uh... It looks nothing like witcher 2, that's for sure.
It looks kinda like witcher 1 actually, i can't judge right now before actually playing, might be good, but might end up bad, one thing for sure they need to put a lot of work into it.

Last edited:
Well I've watched a few times and here is my humble assessment:

Graphics: Looks great(the world looks fucking gorgeous) but honestly, this made me really get the console blues, because if this is how it looks on both consoles, then the gap from the jaw dropping PC footage we saw last week is very noticeable, but I guess thats just the console gamer's lot in life and I have come to peace with it.

Animations: Looked very good imo, conversations seem way more natural than ever and I dig Geralt's look! The girl seemed a bit too pretty for a country girl and a bit too calm for someone who was just about to get gang raped, but then again I am one nit picky bastard

Combat: This was the most underwhelming imo, the griffin fight was very clunky (what happened to rolling, it should be there for those kinds of fights), and after watching the vgx and SoD Trailers I was expecting a combat system that would be less "video gamy" and more like real sword-fighting ( that scene where geralt hacked the guy's hand of and with a nimble hop changed his stance to face the other opponent was incredible, I was hoping to see something like that in-game), at least from what we could see, there's no much of the sword crossing I was expecting, just the same old hack-slash and go to next opponent, and I agree with Reptile about cutting the a guy in half. But oddly after seeing that the crossbow is very optional (just one of the ranged weapon) and realizing that it does make a bit of sense lore-wise for whitchers to cary them as tools, I would be totally cool with it if they polished the shooting system( which I'm sure they will) but for god's sake get that recoil right, its a crossbow not a Colt 45.

UI: Could use a bit of redesigning, looks too much like TW2 imo

I really hope they use their time to polish the hell out of the combat system, because apart from that everything looks great!!

UI looks amazing. I spent a few minutes just staring at it. Beautiful. I don't know if it'll be the same for PC though. Geralt looks good, I think I'll have to get used to this new beefy look. Not bad but I still think TW2 body was the best. Facial animations are great. The only thing a little underwhelming here was combat but I'd like to see more before forming my opinions.

The camera slooowly turning around made me worried a bit because that's what the games for which people recommend using a controller rather than keyboard and mouse usually look like. But I guess that's because the game is indeed played on consol and with a controller, not because it'll be uncomfortable with kb+m.

Everything was perfect for me! I like the witcher sense. Geralt is a hunter, he kills monsters so I think it fits well in the game to be able to track an injured monster. That's how real life hunting happens. Shoot, follow the blood trail, find dead or wounded animal. The ONLY thing that I would suggest working on is the combat animations. They are not horrible but I was expecting a bit more dramatic, action packed combat. All in all, I loved it! Can't wait for later today to see some more!

Last edited:
Top Bottom