E3 Discussion Thread

+
There is still no PC conference on E3? CDPR still has to use this Xbox conference to get some press attention? That's so very sad...

The game is looking great so far, visually, absolutely stunning. But I don't like the actualcombat that much. Sword gameplay couldn't be much more unrealistic. It's worse than TW2 imo. Hack'n'slay at its best which is quite sad imo. And the wide camera kind of sucks balls. I hope that we will at least have another camera angle (fixed to Geralt!) on PC with M/K. Also Geralt's look is too little mutant and too much badass imo. Animations are better than in TW2 but still kind of clunky sometimes, especially while walking. Free running in AC still looks more elegant.

Gore is a trademark of Geralt's fighting style. He kills people and monster as fast as possible, leaving behind horribly wounded people. That's one of the reason why the simple townfolk doesn't like him. When Geralt kills there is a lot of blood and even cut off limbs and stuff. So gore must be a crucial part of his fighting style. But it should still stay somehow realistic. Over the top gore just for the shocking effect isn't the right way. Realistic gore and real sword wounds, no over the top B-rated horror flick style, please...

And crossbows? I hope you only have to use them in real emergencies.

I'm happy that we finally saw some "real" gameplay but I'm not fully convinced yet. Tbh, I hoped for more.

Last edited:
Can you guys imagine that there are people right now, in this very moment, who aren't hyped for TW3 as they were if not even more, since Sword of Destiny? :ermm:

Jokes aside, after the presentation, the impressions sharing in the chat, then rewatching it all on YT many times over again, all in all I can say that I came out as hyped as ever, and it left my body craving for more. I mean, look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVlE8BXEbpE
I'll leave out the mechanics and interface commentary for now, instead i will mention for example: On 1:07 when he said 'you can traverse any viewable location in world, all the way to the mountain peaks in the distance', and when they came in screen's sight, I came with them. Mixed with those words he just said about game freedom, i peed myself a little, and belive me, I haven't peed myself since... well the Sword of Destiny trailer.

Moving on, the fight with bandits, 1:35, THE GORE, the gore is needed, it's not over the line! It reminds me of TW1 and novels and I welcome it with all my heart and guts.

Right after that, when the conversation start, it's a piece of art! Even in this shitty xX360NOSCOPEYOLO laggy resolution we got, it's enough that you can shut the mouths of Biodrones when they said that Sword of Destiny is just CGI and no gameplay, well, that convo WAS gameplay. And like Julius Caesar before me, I came. Again

And for the last part, when he kills the marvelous looking gryphon, the cutscene that starts ISN'T what's gonna be the part in the game, that was set up for the convention, for crying out loud, this isn't EA Bioware, give them some credit. As @ReptilePZ and @Aegis_Kleais said and explained fine why is that before me in their posts, and I agree 100%.

Geralt even says in the conversation that he will be back to "check out" on the fine damsel after he is done with the gryphon for f**ks sake! :wallbash:

Last edited:
Ok here is the footage with combat. The animations need a lot of work but it looks promising. Just please don't leave it like that. It's definietely not ready.

http://a.pomf.se/pkotxp.webm

As you may notice there is riposte mechanics.

I haven't read the books but isn't Geralt supposed to be agile and good versus groups? I mean, he IS a witcher and they are just bandits. I wouldn't want to see him struggling that much against them, especially when he's under the influence of potions that make him capable to kill a Griffin. I think they fulfilled that aspect.

Also, does every woman the Witcher meets must be insanely hot? Even living in a cabin, all alone?

Come on CD, you create mature worlds, don't fall into that trap.

You call that hot?

Geralt was also able to redirect arrows in the books if I remember correctly.. It was really hard, but he could do it.

If that were true Sapkowski would lose a bit o the tremendous admiration I have for him, but I read the series very recently and as far as I remember geralt never went obi wan on anybody, in the books he can (with some difficulty) parry arrows, but not defy the laws of physics and redirect the at the shooter .

Also, does every woman the Witcher meets must be insanely hot? Even living in a cabin, all alone?

Not only hot but also cynical and "badass". She was just attacked by bandits alone in the woods and Geralt just killed them all in an instant in an extremely bloody way and then shows that attitude, saying theses lines? Well, of course, why not.... :p

Yes, exactly.. even when i first saw her, i was like: "another female-model in the game" with makeup and all.. and what about that HUGE jump from that hill after which Geralt was like nothing happened ?
Game looks good at 1080, but some things really need some more work done

Top Bottom