E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

+

E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope someone manages to snuggle in a camera or atleast a recording device so we can see or hear the behind closed door presentation

In order to convince the skeptics, CDProjekt needs to prove:

1) That theyve nailed the combat this time around
2) That they can successfully craft an open world filled with living things and stuff to do

I think we can all agree that the above can only be achieved with a (preferably 30+ min long :p) live gameplay demo. Everything else is secondary.

Not Necessarily, when Skyrim was in its marketing campaign the journalist did a very good job of detailing everything they had saw. I see no difference this time with W3. If the media does their part we might have a very thorough explanation on what to expect.

I would LOVE a 30 minute demo for us, but I'm only expecting 20 minutes tops and a very detailed summary of the game. Thats good enough for me, I would like just to see the basic mechanics like diving, horse combat, normal combat, and lord willing a MAP

Not Necessarily, when Skyrim was in its marketing campaign the journalist did a very good job of detailing everything they had saw. I see no difference this time with W3. If the media does their part we might have a very thorough explanation on what to expect.

I would LOVE a 30 minute demo for us, but I'm only expecting 20 minutes tops and a very detailed summary of the game. Thats good enough for me, I would like just to see the basic mechanics like diving, horse combat, normal combat, and lord willing a MAP

30? I'd be surprised with 5.

I hope we get 10-12 min. gameplay video.Ah one can dream...

If not I hope that someone could maybe sneak in camera like they did when Dragon Age:Inqusition was shown more than a year ago and Bioware in the end allowed it to be posted on youtube and video was over 40 min. long.

Also Skyrim on I think 2011's e3 also had over half an hour public gameplay video so perhaps we may get some 10-15 min, gameplay footage if not right away at e3 than in few weeks or so from the same media which will get to see 45 min. demo (and which keeps proving that journalism is dead and that research is foreign word to them when it comes to nearly any subject not only Witcher except when big publishers are to be defended who also just so happen to buy most of advertising space on their sites -.-).

Well we do have one thing we can count on for sure.And that's that CGI trailer whose glimpse we saw at the end of last gameplay trailer (the part with that crow of death who smashes guy's head,oh boy that looked wicked ).

Well after Microsoft is an hour on Spike/gametrailers that includes a visit from CD Projekt, sounds like that is the moment to watch.

I hope we get 10-12 min. gameplay video.Ah one can dream...

If not I hope that someone could maybe sneak in camera like they did when Dragon Age:Inqusition was shown more than a year ago and Bioware in the end allowed it to be posted on youtube and video was over 40 min. long.

Also Skyrim on I think 2011's e3 also had over half an hour public gameplay video so perhaps we may get some 10-15 min, gameplay footage if not right away at e3 than in few weeks or so from the same media which will get to see 45 min. demo (and which keeps proving that journalism is dead and that research is foreign word to them when it comes to nearly any subject not only Witcher except when big publishers are to be defended who also just so happen to buy most of advertising space on their sites -.-).

Well we do have one thing we can count on for sure.And that's that CGI trailer whose glimpse we saw at the end of last gameplay trailer (the part with that crow of death who smashes guy's head,oh boy that looked wicked ).

Skyrim had a few minutes of footage. No where near 30.

That was the behind closed doors demo they released much later. It even says in the description some of that was the QuakeCon footage which wasn't even until August. A couple months after E3.

Yeah but there was also this 14 min. demo from 7.6.2011. (http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/713430/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-gameplay-demo-from-e3-2011/)

And you are right,later on they indeed released longer demo with Todd Howard's commentary.Hopefully it will be the same or similar situation with Witcher 3.

Top Bottom