E3 Discussion Thread

+
I suspect the lack of animation melting and smooth transitions is to keep the combat extremely fast and responsive, sure, with these E3 stage AI made to be killed, you cant tell if it was a good idea, but when the game gets fast and hard, that responsiveness will be really amazing for combat.

Maybe they will get better later, and animations will melt more naturally, but between this TW3 footage of combat, and Assassins Creed's ultra fluid smooth combat which looks all like one animation but you can barely play it, I'll take TW3 any day.

Thats overall what I liked so much, it looks like it plays well, rather than being just perfect graphically.

She was a witch as she mentioned making a potion for the guy, or maybe even a down on her luck sorceress. Either way I don't think you will have to worry about a shortage of either good looking, or ugly women...

I differ. The high HYPE from the press came from watching a controled PC demo of 30 minutes, behind close doors. Not by watching incredible CGI trailers.
Give the journalists some "privilege", a cold beer and a beautiful looking game in pre-alpha, and you got good reviews.
Back in 2013 they knew it was pre-alpha, they accepted every flaw they saw. We're 8 months from release now...

Nah, the problem is that she looks way too hot for a farmer girl, that doesn't they have to be ugly, but it looks like she was going to a party or sth.

Not a farmer girl, probably some kind of a witch.
Farmer girls don't brew potions for fever, they like to roll in the hay. :)

Not only hot but also cynical and "badass". She was just attacked by bandits alone in the woods and Geralt just killed them all in an instant in an extremely bloody way and then shows that attitude, saying theses lines? Well, of course, why not.... :p

Yeah! What happened to that scenario from the books that is pretty much sapkowski's trademark?

Geralt saves the life of a damsel by brutally dismembering the bastards who were about to rape her, and when he tries to talk to her she cowers away crying and runs into her hut (where her parents lay dead), making us realize that this is fucking war and not some farytale

I think the woman in the cabin was actually a witch like Abigail.
The man came to her to get an elixir or something to heal his fever.
That would explain her beauty and behaviour.
Exactly, this is why I don't know why people are complaining about, demanding 'realism' or something, this isn't a game set in 21st century where young hot girls are all in great cities, and only old fat crows are left in the villages :D Even more, this is a FANTASY set in older times, so there are witcher, sorceresses etc that keep their hot looks even deep in the woods...
C'mon people give cut them some slack, you will otherwise complain about ugly NPC's and lack of hot side chicks. And it was a 5 min demo, we didn't see the whole world!

If that were true Sapkowski would lose a bit o the tremendous admiration I have for him, but I read the series very recently and as far as I remember geralt never went obi wan on anybody, in the books he can (with some difficulty) parry arrows, but not defy the laws of physics and redirect the at the shooter .
A guy with a crossbow jumped out from behind a corner, screamed and shot at the sorceress. Geralt jumped like he was flipped by a spring and struck with his sword; the rebound arrow flew tightly above the shooter's head, so close that he ducked.

Geralt quickly covered Ciri. But the girl dashed forward as fast as lightning, she was already postured when the bowstring sprang. The yanked her sword up to an upper quart and chipped off the bolt with so much force that he spun over multiple times before itreached the ground.

both quotes from The Lady of the Lake, Andrzej Sapkowski
It seems that Witchers can chip off arrows and even bolts but they can't control them in a way that they were really redirected at the attacker. ;)

I will probably go to hell for this... it's just the first thing I thought after seeing his face

Top Bottom