E3 Discussion Thread

+
So yesterday we saw combat, today Novingrad. I guess that's it for E3?
Well there's still tons of interviews to come & all the websites will soon be giving us a detailed blow-by-blow of what happens in the 45 minute Gameplay Demo.
Plus there's the Gamespot Stream later, but Marcin said both Gamespot & IGN was going to be the same footage, so it'll probably just be the same thing.

There's 2 things I think we NEED:
1. High Quality, High Bitrate, proper 1080p Upload of the Novigrad footage.
2. High Quality, High Bitrate, proper 1080p Upload of the Griffin Hunt footage
Then there's a third, I would argue we also need this, but we're probably not going to get it: Griffin Hunt footage ON PC. I want to see Graphics from the Novigrad sequence with all that glorious Hair Tech etc, in the Griffin Hunt. That would be simply amazing.

One interesting thing: Right on the left hand after the first gate were some NPC's labeled as witch hunter.

What I also noted was the the two E3 gameplay videos looked quite "milky(?)". I hope que get a proper uncompressed video.

Looks gorgeous. Would have liked to believe ancient issues that has stuck with the series since TW1, has been resolved. Like the issue of repetition.

Sorry but its honestly impossible for their not to be repetition. I'm sure you know that.
PLOUGH MORE, PLOUGH MORE!

Bullshit that they can't improve the obnoxious repetition :). They may not see it as a problem worth solving, but if you're going for as much immersion as possible, it sure is a problem. Witchers are scary. Everyone competing to get a word in when Geralt is near, to the point of endlessly repeating one or two sentences... it's just silly.

WHY TWO SWORDS? DOES HE TEND TO LOSE THEM?

It's only a minor issue because the great stuff overshadows it, making you feel petty for even considering to mention it. But it's too late to complain come Februrary.

PLOUGH THE LILLIES!

One interesting thing: Right on the left hand after the first gate were some NPC's labeled as witch hunter.

What I also noted was the the two E3 gameplay videos looked quite "milky(?)". I hope que get a proper uncompressed video.
Probably the result of exposing the lodge of sorceresses? Seeing how Novigrad is on the doorstep of Radovid's kingdom it would make sense. Really cool they follow up on it.

Probably the result of exposing the lodge of sorceresses? Seeing how Novigrad is on the doorstep of Radovid's kingdom it would make sense. Really cool they follow up on it.

I'm always forgetting that maybe they are playing with another TW2 ending. Wasn't it the way that when you rescue Triss at the end of TW2 there won't be a witch hunt and otherwise yes?

So nothing new at Gamespot? 20 minutes isn't enough for something new? like what happened between the two gameplays

I love it and Novigrad is really nice, to think that it was just a small portion of the city and there is also an entire world to explore out there.
Dijkstra of course is great to see another known character from the books.
I wish I could pre-order the collectors edition but the stores in The Netherlands have nothing yet.

I think it's definitely an Xbox One demo. There is some severe aliasing/flickering on the city walls, some framerate issues while moving faster and even some screen tearing...

Of course there is pretty much time left for optimization until February 2015. :)

Last edited:
So nothing new at Gamespot? 20 minutes isn't enough for something new? like what happened between the two gameplays

Probably not, although they had a 20minute session & they used maybe 4-5 minutes of it for actual in-game footage. It didn't seem like anywhere was being restricted, so I don't see why they couldn't walk around a little more in one other other sessions. It's probably not going to happen though, considering that they can't be unfair to certain media sites & they will have only a very specific amount of footage they want to show.

Top Bottom