The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt IS OFFICIAL!

+
Yup, three years of design, brainstorming, and concept testing. Half a year of coding, and another half year of bug squashing and refining.

It's quite impressive, I have to agree. Looking forward to seeing what they do with Night City. Anyway, here's the last demo:

It's quite impressive, I have to agree. Looking forward to seeing what they do with Night City. Anyway, here's the last demo:

If their so generous with footage of W3. I cant wait to see what they got for cyberpunk. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
Kankonut should be happy to have avoided the point stickiness. It doesn't wash out.

And actual gameplay! Tree branches look a little wonky when they're moving in the wind during dialogue, but it's otherwise stunning. Hopefully they can make the game a bit more stable than 2.

Kankonut should be happy to have avoided the point stickiness. It doesn't wash out.

And actual gameplay! Tree branches look a little wonky when they're moving in the wind during dialogue, but it's otherwise stunning. Hopefully they can make the game a bit more stable than 2.

$2600 dollars! Save $10 a day! Afford Ultra settings this time! May need nitrogen cooling on vid card and GPU!

Forum veteran
Afford Ultra settings this time!
This time? Psh, thanks to my old screen resolution of 1440x900, I played through 2 with ultra settings (including uber):

Besides, I was talking about the crashing that a lot of people experienced (and are still experiencing), the save corruption that hit people periodically, and a whole bunch of other random issues that seemed inherent to the engine. W2's later chapters seemed quite a bit more stable in that regard than Flotsam, so I'm hoping that W3 is even more so.

EDIT: Speaking of old screen resolutions, you should have seen what the game looked like on my old 1024x768 CRT display. Sure, that's a sub-HD resolution that would probably be hard to go back to (not to mention 4:3, so it had big black bars at launch), but the color richness was to die for.

Last edited:
This time? Psh, thanks to my old screen resolution of 1440x900, I played through 2 with ultra settings (including uber):

Blah blah anyone can do that. Especially now. But at super HD? Because that's what I want from Witcher 3. At 2560x1600 at least - when I ran Witcher 2 the first time I managed 4720x1600...in places.

I do miss the richness of CRT. Sigh.

Have you compared LED with CRT? I haven't yet.

Now that the Witcher 3 hype us off the charts all over, a forum friendly request:

How ever good or succesful Witcher 3 may become, please, for the love of... anything, don't make CP its scifi twin. Don't make this game the proverbial Fallout 3 (what that game was to Oblivion - a scifi copypaste). This game deserves its own gameplay, mechanics and feel; it does not need to be scraped together from the leftover design of another completely unrelated series. Thanks. :)

Now that the Witcher 3 hype us off the charts all over, a forum friendly request:

How ever good or succesful Witcher 3 may become, please, for the love of... anything, don't make CP its scifi twin. Don't make this game the proverbial Fallout 3 (what that game was to Oblivion - a scifi copypaste). This game deserves its own gameplay, mechanics and feel; it does not need to be scraped together from the leftover design of another completely unrelated series. Thanks. :)

I doubt it will be a copypaste. Especially with Pondsmith himself breathing down their necks.

no need to worry, those are still different games, The Witcher is different to CP, CP has a totally different world with different rules, as you should know its based on CP 2020, this will be be the base for the game not The Witcher games

no need to worry, those are still different games, The Witcher is different to CP, CP has a totally different world with different rules, as you should know its based on CP 2020, this will be be the base for the game not The Witcher games

Oh yes, that I know. My hope is that the chief difference in the core experience isn't limited to the name, the name of the ruleset and the obvious difference between the settings (scifi vs fantasy) - that the horses aren't simply turned into motorcycles, magic into guns, and castles into skyscrapers while the core gameplay remains more or less the same (see how you could basically change all the aesthetics of Fallout 3 to fantasy counterparts, leave everything else untouched and you'd have a fine Elder Scrolls title - despite FO3 claiming to have the SPECIAL ruleset).

I won't worry, since I'd be happy with Witcher copy paste :p But they already said in early inerviews that they were experimenting lots of new stuff so I'm confident it won't be copy paste.

Top Bottom