The E3 gameplay demo. What do you think needs to be worked on? What did you like?

+

IsengrimR

This is what i mean when i say "too much handholding". I hate being told everything i have to do in a game. I want to figure it out for myself. I want mystery and challenge. I want to get immersed, i want to get lost in the world there.

Abosolutely agreed.

How will people like DSP ( vid mentioned ) find anything? They won't.

If you are either too lazy or too dumb to read the bestiary or the journal - your loss. It's about figuring out what works and what doesn't.

On the map thing - I know what minimap is and I do not mind it. I was also talking maps in general ( about buying them ), that you shouldn't be able to get the area map just by walking into one - you need to purchase it, and when you do, the places like cities, villages will get their marker, but when you exlore it should just add markers on it's own.
Anyway, it's not a big deal.

The Witcher sense seems to give visual cue to sounds. Why it couldn't just enhance that sound instead of showing these " round waves"

not all of us have surround sound and even then it's difficult for most people.

and then there's selecting which sound you amplify; the bunny in the grass or the squirrel in the trees. Does the player choose? the player doesn't even notice it.

Last edited:
The Witcher sense seems to give visual cue to sounds. Why it couldn't just enhance that sound instead of showing these " round waves" ( look at the Griffin Hunt right at the beginning). Also making the climbable cliff bright red in the Witcher sense? I can see it clearly myself if something is climbable.

not everyone has a 5/7.1 sistem or use headphones so not to disturb enyone.
where did you see the red clifs in senses mode ? i totaly missed that

Also making the climbable cliff bright red in the Witcher sense? I can see it clearly myself if something is climbable.

I didn't see that either. If it's really the case, than i'm getting alarmed. This would be horrible. Why not just include a button named "Press X to automatically go to the next quest"?? Where is the barf icon, lads?

Thank god i can cancel my preorder at any time, if there's too much from this stuff in the PC version...

Love everything about the new combat.

What I would want :
Please remove white traces from projectiles they break immersion
Also, find a way to make detective vision more subtle

Also, please don't forget about people who are not casual gamers, I don't like the game telling me what potions to use or to constantly nudge me on the right path, it would be nice if casual mode could be disabled.
W2 had some puzzles which weren't very hard, but they weren't easy either, I somehow don't think that TW3 will have many puzzles

[video=youtube;lCjzA-C647o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCjzA-C647o[/video]

but how this "people" will find anything ?
:facepalm:

edit the best part is when you can hear him button mashing

Should we therefore cater to the least common denominator, just because there are a few retards around? It's the wrong game for them, plain and simple. It's bad enough already that the devs have to accommodate the casual gamer. In my opinion, a real good developer would implement a system of options to make both the hardcore gamer and the casual gamer happy, without offending the respective other one (struggling with my english here, sorry).

[EDIT:] Didn't see the post above. Yeah, that's it - an option to disable casual mode, nice idea! How about this: When you start the game, before the main menu, it could ask you if you are a casual or a hardcore gamer. Or they could implement it in the difficulty options.

Last edited:
1.Geralt's fighting animations too fast and jumping too high consider the heavy stuff he's carying this gives a cartoonish look and breaks immersion
2.In open world when enemies scare enough must try to flee too

Last edited:
1.Geralt's fighting animations too fast and jumping too high consider the heavy stuff he's carying this gives a cartoonish look and breaks immersion
2.In open world when enemies scare enough must try to flee too

Geralt's speed is still practically slow compared to what its like in the books, but I feel the speed demonstrated in the demo is a good mix between lore-accuracy and what looks good, also the high speed makes for more responsive controls.

Jumping, I think it looks fine personally.

I do like the idea of certain enemies fleeing though, maybe dismemberment, which is already being discussed about how frequent it should be, could add to the chance of intimidating lowly bandits.

I'd love to have as many options as possible regarding UI/handholding elements. Being able to turn of Minimaps, recommended potions and stuff like that would be great. I think the recent Thief did that pretty decently, although it had a lot of other issues.

My main problem was the stiff running animation, which was the same wether Geralt was running up a hill or running in water or downhill.
I think the running animation should seem more natural and it should reflect the surface Geralt is running on. For example if he's running uphill, he should be bent over and use his hands to help him run uphill. And most importantly the knees should bend when he is running uphill.

I noticed some screen tearing in the Novigrad demo (where Geralt walks around in the city). Does anybody know if that screen tearing is attributable to it being streamed or is it just lack of Vsync being enabled?

his legs look like he's moving on a flat surface all the time. idk.... maybe it's just me

You're right. maybe it's because they've only motion captured the running on a flat surface and implemented that animation for any surface.

I noticed some screen tearing in the Novigrad demo (where Geralt walks around in the city). Does anybody know if that screen tearing is attributable to it being streamed or is it just lack of Vsync being enabled?

I suppose screen flickering or lags during combat will be fixed after optimization procedure.

Last edited by a moderator:
The crossbow, being that witchers are cunningly agile I find that even with that mini size crossbow, it would be too BIG and POINTY for free mobility... THEY SHOULD ADD AN ANIMATION TO IT, TO MAKE IT RETRACT ITS ANGLE POINTS... THEREBY MAKING IT A "Hidden-crossbow-like" weapon.

And what ever happened to knifes?
Not the Throwing sort, but the machete side weapon one!!!
(Don't get me started about the SHAKELESS medallion!!)

i like the animations of the shadow of modor new game, runing jumping and fighting, actually looks like geralt :) the trashing of the orcs reminds me of 300 films

That's another game bro! But you got a point...
Yet you'll grow tired of the constant slow-motion finishers in no time... Did you see the Face of Talion? Straight out of the Lego version of Lotr lol

Top Bottom