Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Infinite refueling potions are you kidding me
Chill.. some of us are new to this game and want to enjoy it without wasting all our damn time being Geralt the Herb hunter for 8 hours. You don't have to play like us who have ADHD, we are here to have fun in this game and not nerd out on making potions the whole time. That sounds so boring, as Geralt I have my heart to follow and monsters to slay and money to make bring it W3 LOL..:)

I dont know, regarding the potion dilemma, I feel Tomasz could be wrong... Id think most people (possibly people that didnt played Witcher 1) didnt used potions cause they didnt bother, didnt want to waste time getting to know the system (how a mutagen can affect an upgrade, what ingredients do I need for crafing and so on), NOT because they were saving for the "tough fight" that eventually never comes.

Having said that, that is a real problem, as a long time RPG player, Im totally guilty of hoarding potions, as im sure many on this thread also are, :p but I think I managed to overcome that somewhat, in my last Witcher 2 playthrugh. :)

Soorry for this ReptilEZ, couldnt resist. :p

because that's what the fanbase of the first game has become to cdpr, adhd rpg nerds, they have you peopl with xbox avatars now

To steal the quote:
"the game's graphics aren't that impressive now that we see other next gen titles, there was screen tearing and pop-in, some few ugly details"

We did see the pop in and tearing too though, so I would call those fair points.

To steal the quote:
"the game's graphics aren't that impressive now that we see other next gen titles, there was screen tearing and pop-in, some few ugly details"

We did see the pop in and tearing too though, so I would call those fair points.

Not good. That's actually quite worrisome.

Rocksteady got this covered, while Arkham Knight is an open world game, for obvious reasons it doesnt have day/night cycle. So its easier for them to create really awesome looking city with moon shining, all the neon lights, rain, reflections and so on. Some games really shine in night, and it seems folks at Rocksteady are ready to use this advantage for some amazing graphics.

Oh i see, and this is in addition to not having citizens, cars, etc.

To add a bit of info about the article that said that they weren't too impressed with the graphics compared to other next gen games, they also said that in any case, inside its genre, role playing games, and considering its scale, TW3 still looks like it wont have rivals for a long time, its a very pretty game, with great art direction and especially enemy art design.

So yeah I mean, TW3 looks amazing, but its no The Order 1886 or that new Uncharted 4 video, and I dont think we want or expected that at all anyway.

Last edited:
because that's what the fanbase of the first game has become to cdpr, adhd rpg nerds, they have you peopl with xbox avatars now

A cdpr witcher fan is a witcher fan, is a witcher fan.
What, you don't like my Geralt fagatar? He owns!! lol... (sigh)

Last edited:
I hate when journalist don't understand that impressions should be about their educated opinion on how the game looked/played, and other types of judgement, and instead decide to just "story tell you" everything that happened.

its exactly how reviews would be if every gamer that bitched about wanting to have extremely objective opinions had it their way, not very useful.

Magically refiling potions? Without using ingredients? Not really liking the sound of that.

I might warm up to the idea if it's just for the potions that are drinkable in combat (like Swallow), and not for the concoctions as well.
If you look at the e3 interview with Konrad he mentions that potions will refill when you sit down and meditate before battle or in a tavern. You wont be chugging down potions during battle like a champ anyway thanks to the Toxicity system.He also mentions that potion recipes have several levels now that you need to find new materials and such to upgrade/advance in. Either way iam fine with whatever potion system they decide to go with.

Here is the interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CvA3reLuH8

Last edited:
Story spoilers ahead.

Thank You Bloodworth. I AM Way Satisfied NOW.. that he said I CAN expect to play this like a live action RPG.
Because that is exactly how I want to play this, plus I can use my signs and the environment against my foes and when that gets boring I got a crossbow and a horse to ride and when I'm done with that I'll scale a mountain or go for a swim. Naa.. fuck it, I want some wine and a hot whore to plough then maybe I'll play some dice poker and card games. Naa.. I'm going horse racing and then I will go kill some more monsters Naa.. I want to go fishing and puff some weed at the lake!! YES.. This game is going to be so much better than Dragon's Dogma because #1 Adult story #2 Bloody limb chopping action Action #3 Looks so good and I need to go take a cold shower bye!!! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom