E3 Discussion Thread

+
And how exactly would a harpoon gun work in the Witcher's timeline?

You let a wooden stake float in front of you and then you cast Aard.
Witcher torpedos !

I think it's important to understand that complete realism =/= fun. Sure, certain people would love to play Witcher 3 - The Real Life in a Fantasy World Simulator, but most don't. For such reasons, CDPR doesn't include hunger mechanisms, or the need to go to the bathroom or some other stupid shit like that.

Perhaps this system isn't the most realistic, and might break immersion for a few poor souls out there, but if it is properly executed - it could fix a problem without dumbing down or simplifying anything.

In that light we might as well make the crossbow a fast firing weapon with a special magazine and a first person perspective to go along with it, since that is also something that a lot of gamers would enjoy. I did not think that I would be saying this but CD Projekt their focus really does seem to be towards the new console crowd and the ease of use for them.

And how exactly would a harpoon gun work in the Witcher's timeline? And you simply do not have the materials to make a crossbow efficient underwater.

are you kidding me....the crosbow and the harpoon work on the same cocept, its basicaly the same weapon
what efficiency problem do you see -it's range- there are ways to improve that. but its not like he would have used it on a monster 100 feet away

How many time takes reload a mini crossbow wearing leather gloves?
How many time takes reload an underwater crossbow under the sea wearing leather gloves?
How many time takes a monster of deep seas to attack Geralt?

So is E3 videofeed is over ? Well .It was good, but unfortunally not much. I hope we`ll see the complete quest gameplay(all 45 minutes with all questline told after E3. And please CD Project. Post some images with new Geralt armor and swords. Wolf armor set and Novigradian /master quality swords is really just stunning cool, but guys- i see Geralt in them almost a year. I really want to see some of Jn Marek concepts of armors lile that studde bigandine or spiked leather armor in new screensots/videos. :cheers:)

Last edited:
1) It's absolutely senseless from the view of logic. As much as infinite inventory space in TW2.
2) It's killing the reason to explore every square meter of the world as it was in previous games. Especially a first one, where were nigredo/albedo/rubedo differentiation system. And now it comes to "Press X to have all potions"

1) It's absolutely senseless from the view of logic. As much as infinite inventory space in TW2.
2) It's killing the reason to explore every square meter of the world as it was in previous games. Especially a first one, where were nigredo/albedo/rubedo differentiation system. And now it comes to "Press X to have all potions"

And do you know exactly how will that works in TW3? Have you worked beside some of CDPR's team people this later 3 years to know it?

How many time takes reload a mini crossbow wearing leather gloves?
How many time takes reload an underwater crossbow under the sea wearing leather gloves?
How many time takes a monster of deep seas to attack Geralt?

Geralt will have his own, trained seahorse to reload the crossbow for him.
It's called Mini-Roach.

I mean I understand why people are waving pitchforks about the refill mechanic, it makes sense to harvest ingredients in open world game such as TW3 more than in bounded TW2. But to me it was always a tedious job. How about such a mechanic (this is how I imgine this refill mechaninc would work) Geralt sit near the fire and there's an option 'search for herbs' in the menu where you select a number and genus of herb.
When you click it the game works out how many hours it will take Geralt to collect them and concoct an elixir. Simple and logical isn't it?
Would you be against such an approach?

Edit:
crossbow underwater is just plain illogical

Last edited:

Jupiter_on_Mars

are you kidding me....the crosbow and the harpoon work on the same cocept, its basicaly the same weapon
what efficiency problem do you see -it's range- there are ways to improve that. but its not like he would have used it on a monster 100 feet away

Exactly.
They're in essence the same weapon and one could be seen as an upgrade of the other. I mean, slingshots, ballistas, crossbows and harpoons, work on the same basic principle.

As for other suggestions:

- Igini under water. Not going to comment.

- Special magic. Really? The crossbow offends the lore, but special magic does not?

- A small dagger. Movement underwater is severely hindered, not too sure about the efficiency of a dagger. The slashing motion certainly cannot compare to the penetrating action of the harpoon.

Last edited:
So is E3 videofeed is over ? Well .It was good, but unfortunally not much.
It was everything I expected, I don't want to spoiled with whole story of the quest. Although I would have liked some more explanation on the gameplay mechanics. I'm looking forward to some more interviews.

Top Bottom