Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the last interview: Witcher novels are not fully translated into english yet, especially the Sword of Destiny (which is a crime against humanity ;p). Does CDPR has any impact on publishing the novels faster?

Funny - asked about release date all devs point different date. Konrad said 15th (or something like feefteen fourth), John Mamais said 25th :)

What's with that collectable cards game? I'm not native english speaker. How's it called again (grid or grind) ? ?

Last edited:
About the last interview: Witcher novels are not fully translated into english yet, especially the Sword of Destiny (which is a crime against humanity ;p). Does CDPR has any impact on publishing the novels faster?

No, CDPR has no impact.
(except maybe that if the game does well, there may be more interest in the books, so they may get translated faster, but that's all).

As far as i know, they don't. But the translation speed deafinately picked up. My guess would be that if they do SoD at all. It will be the last one though.

@M i k e
It's 24th, John gave the wrong answer to a few inteviewers and then the right one to a few others, maybe he was tired or got it mixed up and someone corrected him later. Either way one day hardly makes a difference.

You don't have to collect cards, it's just a minigame.

some small info about the delay from the german site "Gamestar"

it basically says:

--> The Delay was mainly due to the poor performance, which would have been unplayable on release (october this year) especially on console.
But they have already developed a new streaming technology, which only loads the immediate area where the player is and probably what he (camera) sees.
I think they mean the middleware Umbra 3 by that.

some small info about the delay from the german site "Gamestar"

it basically says:

--> The Delay was mainly due to the poor performance, which would have been unplayable on release (october this year) especially on console.
But they have already developed a new streaming technology, which only loads the immediate area where the player is and probably what he (camera) sees.
I think they mean the middleware Umbra 3 by that.

I am not suprised by any of that to be honest.
Hopefully that new streaming tech has the magical answer.
That said, I am really curious as to how the final version will run especially on console and what effect the whole thing has on resolution and such.

Last edited:
Here is one pretty good interview I haven't seen posted
He talks about prologue as tutorial-introduction for newcomers.. my guess prologue will be Kaer Morhen.

p.s. sorry if that's already posted, but with so much posts it's impossible to follow..

Last edited:
Vote for TW3 at Gamespot's People's Choice E3 Award:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/best-of-e3-2014-people-s-choice/1100-6419459/
Don't forget to return there tomorrow (Tuesday, the 17th of June), on the 23rd of June (Monday next week) and on the 24th of June (Tuesday next week), you'll be able to vote for TW3 in different categories (once per each of those days).

Voted! Looking good so far: The Witcher 3 (17%), No Man's Sky (13%), AC: Unity (13%) and Batman: Arkham Knight (9%)

Should win. Let's be honest, TW3 looked ridiculously good compared to most of the other games there. At this point, the only thing that I'm really worried about is the possible repetition of the quest structure. Maintaining diversity for more than 100 hours is no child's play.

Should win. Let's be honest, TW3 looked ridiculously good compared to most of the other games there. At this point, the only thing that I'm really worried about is the possible repetition of the quest structure. Maintaining diversity for more than 100 hours is no child's play.
Very true sir. UbiSoft imo doesn't know how to do good mission structure once the main story has ended. An example of that is Far Cry 3 and Watch Dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom