Is TW3 getting downgraded for the sake of consoles?

+

Is TW3 getting downgraded for the sake of consoles?

• Yes

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Don't really care. It's for the developer to decide.

Votes: 29 32.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
PC will always look better, no question. But as an X1 player, seeing the footage from the X1 showcase at e3, I'm not worried, still looks beautiful. I have W2 on both X360 and PC, and of course there were things that where obviously superior on the PC. Main thing is, if you can immerse yourself and have a great time playing it, does it matter.

^This.
The game looks good, and it's going to look even better when it's released. It's pretty silly to think that it is going to be downgraded.
It will look best on PC, no doubt about it, but it will also look as good as possible on the consoles, so that everyone will have a great experience.

I've ordered the game for PC, but I may also pick it up for my XBO, just to support CDPR.

Really? When they were in the menu it had X1 buttons? Or was it a PC running with an X1 controller?

It is normal for a lot of games to have a Xbox control scheme that changes the control hints to the controller buttons.
I play some games on my PC with a xbox controller.
So, yeah, PC with a controller. :)

It is normal for a lot of games to have a Xbox control scheme that changes the control hints to the controller buttons.
I play some games on my PC with a xbox controller.
So, yeah, PC with a controller. :)

It was with a X1 controller and the UI that fits with use of said controller.

Ah, my bad, thanks guys. Well the Griffin hunt GP looked fantastic, be nice to see that in HD :)

So I just saw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne4SScSSW08&feature=youtu.be&t=9m6s
Does this mean TW3 will be the next Watch Dogs? Where the developers purposely downgrade the PC version so that the consoles don't look as awful?

That interviewer was really annoying as all hell. I wanted to reach into my monitor and punch him in his face. Maybe Geralt to walk into view and smack him around a little bit. I would pay to see that.

PC version is going to look so good it will actually be the last game you will ever play. Do not worry though, it will be so incredible you won't even regret your eye balls literally exploding out of their sockets because what you've just witnessed on the screen is beyond a mere mortals comprehension.

Ha ha, that interviewer was fantastic, actually laughed out loud.
I laughed alright. I enjoyed the information,I honestly did not know that corpses attracted monsters for instance. Then again, I've been avoiding a lot of previews for fear of spoilers. At least now I know that Geralt gets to battle an eagle! ;)

No doubt there, if anything then the Gamestar article made me wonder just what I will need to max the game but that is a discussion for a different topic.
Does it contain any major story or quest spoilers by chance? I'd like to check it out. *** NVM. Just read the article. Interesting,that article gave me reassurance. thank you.

Last edited:
that interviewer was really annoying as all hell. I wanted to reach into my monitor and punch him in his face. Maybe Geralt to walk into view and smack him around a little bit. I would pay to see that.

PC version is going to look so good it will actually be the last game you will ever play. Do not worry though, it will be so incredible you won't even regret your eye balls literally exploding out of their sockets because what you've just witnessed on the screen is beyond a mere mortals comprehension.

No doubt there, if anything then the Gamestar article made me wonder just what I will need to max the game but that is a discussion for a different topic.

that interviewer was really annoying as all hell. I wanted to reach into my monitor and punch him in his face. Maybe Geralt to walk into view and smack him around a little bit. I would pay to see that.

Ha ha, that interviewer was fantastic, actually laughed out loud.

But the microsoft press conference , the game was running in xbox one ??? Because in that demo , the game look very impressive.

Yes the demo from the MS conference was running on the xbone.

For future reference, so people will stop asking:
MS conference: Xbone (still unsure if the griffin chase from the Twitch stream was PC or Xbone)
All the rest: PC
All the demos were played using an Xbone controller.

Yes the demo from the MS conference was running on the xbone.

For future reference, so people will stop asking:
MS conference: Xbone (still unsure if the griffin chase from the Twitch stream was PC or Xbone)
All the rest: PC
All the demos were played using an Xbone controller.

Eskerrik asko (thank you in basque) A one question more kinley, CDP devepolers has say something about the PS4 version??? And the consoles version also will have upgraded in the released from the game???

Eskerrik asko (thank you in basque) A one question more kinley, CDP devepolers has say something about the PS4 version??? And the consoles version also will have upgraded in the released from the game???

CDPR have not officially commented on anything specific about specs for either platform, that information will likely come somewhere closer to release. Keep in mind the game is in very early stages of optimization, so anything we see today (even on PC) may drastically change come release.

Looked like 720p to me to be honest... ;)
What's your point?

What's your point?
Imo the presentation on stage during the MS conference didn't look all that impressive from a strictly graphical (technical) perspective. Looked kind of blurry to me, that's all.

Of course there is still a lot of time for optimization left, no question.

You're saying this based on stream footage. I'd wait for proper footage before condemning it as being "blurry".
Sure, I only talked about what I saw on the stream. Also "being blurry" is kind of subjective. I know quite a few (console) gamers who constantly claimed that they couldn't see a big difference between 720p and 1080p. Well, reasons for that aside it's just a fact that people perceive visuals differently. Imo also the PC footage we saw on IGN and Gamespot was kind of blurry, less blurry than the X1 gameplay but blurrier than the scenes in the Sword of Destiny trailer (and this time I also take the HQ version of the Gamespot material into account).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom