So after E3... is The Witcher 3 really a PC game ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's black and white thinking tbh...you take extreme realism to defend extreme unrealism...

I said you should read my suggestions for a reason. Extreme realism to the point that you even have to go to the toilet was never demanded by anyone here.

There is no such thing as "extreme" realism; Realism is just that. What you are now talking about is a compromise toward realism for the sake of gameplay, which is exactly what we already have. "Extreme unrealism", as you call it, would be no inventory limits at all and you can carry a thousand swords... that is not what CDPR is doing.

@OP

Witcher3 was shown on consoles and PC with controllerinput on a console show, has been announced for all platforms, have been described as specifically developed for each platform taking advantage of their respective strengths and had 2 previous games that did exactly that.

All of this taken into account makes the OP post "W3 no real PC game, discuss".
hmmmmmm
troll bait imo

Last edited:
There is no such thing as "extreme" realism; Realism is just that. What you are now talking about is a compromise toward realism for the sake of gameplay, which is exactly what we already have. "Extreme unrealism", as you call it, would be no inventory limits at all and you can carry a thousand swords... that is not what CDPR is doing.
I never said that I want realism. That's just what some people accuse me (or others) of. But you're right about the terms. I used them quite wrongly as a substitution for exaggerations.

I demanded a more lore-and-immerison-friendly situation which is a compromise as well, of course. It's just a compromise that values immersion much more than the one which seems to be in place at the moment.

Stil nobody reading my suggestions it seems...*sigh*

@mothra
How about reading the repies/topic first before making such a statement?
And I can describe things all day long which doesn't mean that they necessarily have to become true in the end... ;)

I would like to suggest that everyone takes a deep breath and walks away from this for a while. And, on returning, please remember to RESPECT the views of others. If someone disagrees with you, it does NOT mean that they are casual gamers, or that they want to stop others from enjoying the game. It simply means that different people have different opinions on what will make this game great.

@mothra
How about reading the repies/topic first before making such a statement?
And I can describe things all day long which doesn't mean that they necessarily have to become true in the end... ;)

I am replying to the OP, not to replies. I clarified that now.
And yes, everything that has been said about the game and has not been explicitly shown ingame could be a lie.
Should I start expecting everything a company says that has a trackrecord of not lying IS a lie ? I stand at my observation.

I will start a new thread with the title: CDPR destroys witcherfranchise with consolitis, discuss
and just tell everyone: hey, they did not show specific PC UI/inputscheme, so it is 100% clear to assume it is because there is none.

Guest 2686910

By God, I've been a PC gamer for over 14 years now and I considered myself a fairly... maybe not hardcore, but a core gamer. You guys just proved me wrong. I'm just a filthy casual, not any more passionate than a kid down the street that plays Angry Birds on his phone. At least compared to some of you.
Now, not to be completely off topic: it's a multiplatform game that is PC at heart. What does it mean? It means it doesn't take as much shotcuts and avoids making compromises as long as they aren't completely necessary. That's how I see it, at least.
Btw. I hope they give you the option to keep this style of inventory. I play my third-person games with a pad, thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, this really does need to stop.
The OP has been answered, and the rest of the discussion seems to be repeats of what has already been raised and is being discussed in other threads.
Locking. It may be re-opened after the recommended deep breath has had time to happen. Just remember to breathe out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom