Anything been said about continuing to play after main story?

+
Hm, I wonder how freeplay will work without random generated quests? And I thought that CDPR mentioned that all quests will be handmade.
So, it'll comes like an endless slashing of monsters?

Christ, no. It may work for other games but definitely not for a narrative driven game like the witcher.
Dragon's Dogma was a story driven game and it worked rather well. I still like the option for it to be there, because some will use it and some will choose to ignore it.;)

I prefer to stop playing a game when the story has resolved, otherwise you will be running round a seemingly uneventful world and will eventually stop playing when you get bored, which is a bad way to end things. This is what I learned from playing fable 2.

Also the witcher 3 will have 36 different endings, so if you want more then begin again and take a different route perhaps.

I prefer to stop playing a game when the story has resolved, otherwise you will be running round a seemingly uneventful world and will eventually stop playing when you get bored, which is a bad way to end things. This is what I learned from playing fable 2.

Also the witcher 3 will have 36 different endings, so if you want more then begin again and take a different route perhaps.
That's actually 36 end game states. I think the game has 3 endings, with said variations.

This is going to take so much time to complete and atleast get the 3 different endings xD and I love it! I think in my first run I will play as good a guy as Geralt can be, then more nuetral and then bad :) I know it won't be that simple, when we are talking the witcher :) as Geralt says "Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling. Makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. Definition is blurred. If I'm to chose between one evil or another, I rather not choose at all" But I love that is got 3 endings and 36 end game states, 2 persons are going to end up with the same endning for the story.

For some reason i have a felling the endings won't be just : good, bad and neutral.
Yes we had neutral endings in both games before. But even non-neutral endings never implied that Geralt is good/evil or if his decisions are right or wrong.

I would be surprised if the differend endings are as simple as "good, bad, neutral". The whole game isn't good-bad-neutral. Even Geralt's decisions aren't like that. All decisions are an ideological thing more or less. I can't remember a single choice where I was concerned that this is "the good / the right" decision.
And even if I thought I chose "the good way" the consequences where not "good" at all. But this is exactly why I love this game. And so I really doubt that we will have a "Happy End" or a "End of the world ending".
But - to go back to the topic - an end is an end. Continue playing after the end wouldn't make sense in my opinion. Especially because I expect at least one end where Geralt dies.

This is going to take so much time to complete and atleast get the 3 different endings xD and I love it! I think in my first run I will play as good a guy as Geralt can be, then more nuetral and then bad :) I know it won't be that simple, when we are talking the witcher :) as Geralt says "Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling. Makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. Definition is blurred. If I'm to chose between one evil or another, I rather not choose at all" But I love that is got 3 endings and 36 end game states, 2 persons are going to end up with the same endning for the story.

Good luck if you can do it!

In the Witcher 's game there's no bad or good decisions, neither right or wrong. There's only important decisions that makes change the world with simple or main concequences.

That's actually 36 end game states. I think the game has 3 endings, with said variations.

It is fair to say 36 endings with variations. I don't think it's possible to have 36 unique endings. Do you think so? So i would take the x amount of endings as a grain of salt, nothing much of PR and hype honestly.

It is fair to say 36 endings with variations. I don't think it's possible to have 36 unique endings. Do you think so? So i would take the x amount of endings as a grain of salt, nothing much of PR and hype honestly.

Which I think is why they're stressing three, not 36.
For comparison, TW2 had around 23 end-game states, (just looking at the state of individual nations and the Council of Mages), and one ending.

They have said, more than once:

The game ends when you reach the end. There will be no play after the end.

You will get plenty of warning so you can play all you want before you enter the endgame.

The developers clearly want you to respect the story they are telling; this includes understanding that it does come to an end, and that playing after the end would be inconsistent with the story (and probably unthinkable, depending on the ending).
What about New game +?

First post yay!!

Which I think is why they're stressing three, not 36.
For comparison, TW2 had around 23 end-game states, (just looking at the state of individual nations and the Council of Mages), and one ending.

3 unique endings are pretty good in my opinion. But i'm hopeful to have 4 :p. But i hope it's not Mass Effect 3 color: Red, Green and Blue :p

You will get plenty of warning so you can play all you want before you enter the endgame.
Errr, I hope it won’t be the Mass Effect kind of warning, i.e. a big fat pop-up message appearing on your screen telling you “Watch out, the game’s about to end so be sure to do everything you wanted to do before the big finale that’s about to start!”. Make it more subtle and have it delivered in-game, maybe by Geralt musing to himself.

Errr, I hope it won’t be the Mass Effect kind of warning, i.e. a big fat pop-up message appearing on your screen telling you “Watch out, the game’s about to end so be sure to do everything you wanted to do before the big finale that’s about to start!”. Make it more subtle and have it delivered in-game, maybe by Geralt musing to himself.

Or what they did in TW1 Act III, when Triss tells you that you should finish your business in Vizima. It doesn't need to be any heavier.

What about New game +?

First post yay!!

New game +? Well.. last I knew cdpr is, or was trying to add this option/feature. They hope to do it in a way that works well and makes sense, because a lot of console gamers really want it. I guess we will just have to find out after we finish the game.

Fingers Crossed;)

New game +? Well.. last I knew cdpr is, or was trying to add this option/feature. They hope to do it in a way that works well and makes sense, because a lot of console gamers really want it. I guess we will just have to find out after we finish the game.

Fingers Crossed;)

I just want more reasons to continue playing it, maybe will be like TW2 that certain options will open entirely new things to see and do.

I just want more reasons to continue playing it, maybe will be like TW2 that certain options will open entirely new things to see and do.
Yeah I wish TW2 had NG+ Same here, I want to keep playing the game again & again. I just don't want to grind the same damn monsters just to get the same damn gear and level up all over again. I don't mind grinding the same damn monsters if it's NG+ because I am more of a badass and it will be more easy to slay those monsters. I know the story can be different based on my actions, but I'm afraid that alone is just not good enough, It will become boring and annoying just to get what I already had even if the story unfolds in new ways. I want to keep my wepons my gear, my loot and my level and start my new story with the goodies I worked so hard to get. If other people do not like this new game + that we enjoy so much, they never ever, have to use it. They can always start from scratch, but I highly doubt I will play it more than once without this option in place and that is also my choice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom