The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition - availability information

+
Not relating to WB, they're only the distributor for North America, which is another reason why it seems like they're the ones causing the holdup for Canada, and why Canada seems to be in a worse position than the other countries covered by distribution agreements. (My own region doesn't have a distributor, which is why my pre-order was with Amazon, they seem to be the only one who had world-wide shipping).

Yea I legit don't understand. I ( and a few others ) thought it was the French/English requirements; but as someone pointed out; the game itself is already available for pre-order and the majority of the CE's will be in English anyways.

Amazon.com also didn't let me choose Canada as a shipping destination ( which is bullshit... )

I guess it may be because I'm both British and Stubborn; but I'm going to keep trying ( read bugging ) WB until I get a clear answer out of them.

Amazon.com also didn't let me choose Canada as a shipping destination ( which is bullshit... )

Amazon.co.uk is including Canada in shipping destinations. Shipping rates start at around 6 pounds, and they don't charge VAT. They still only have the console versions left though, but if you're buying for the goodies, my earlier suggestion to buy it from them, and the digital copy from GOG, still applies.

Huh. Odd. On Gamestop it says that my preorder is there, but when I check my bank account, I see no transaction, TO gamestop...does this mean I don't pay until it ships?

Huh. Odd. On Gamestop it says that my preorder is there, but when I check my bank account, I see no transaction, TO gamestop...does this mean I don't pay until it ships?

The GameStop website clearly says you will not be billed until shipping is processed, the shipping won't be processed until close to the release date, or on it.

The GameStop website clearly says you will not be billed until shipping is processed, the shipping won't be processed until close to the release date, or on it.

Derp. Its late, I'm tired, and I usually order instore whenever possible.

Last edited:
Being told by friends in the US; that CE is now available on Bestbuy.com as well.

Only console versions though.

Emailed/PM'D Warner Bros again yesternight; we'll see what they say.

Being told by friends in the US; that CE is now available on Bestbuy.com as well.

Only console versions though.

Emailed/PM'D Warner Bros again yesternight; we'll see what they say.

Yup, they are on there, but like you said - consoles only and apparently only on the US website. Free shipping for it, but you can only get it shipped to you in the US or the following locations:
We can ship BestBuy.com orders to:​
The 50 US states
US Virgin Islands
Guam
APO/FPO military addresses

Yup, they are on there, but like you said - consoles only and apparently only on the US website. Free shipping for it, but you can only get it shipped to you in the US or the following locations:
We can ship BestBuy.com orders to:​
The 50 US states
US Virgin Islands
Guam
APO/FPO military addresses

Oh I 100% understand that. I'm just giving a heads up to the US folk out there who are looking for a CE ( and didn't get it from Amazon or Gamestop )

This thread is for all countries after all :p

Oh I 100% understand that. I'm just giving a heads up to the US folk out there who are looking for a CE ( and didn't get it from Amazon or Gamestop )

This thread is for all countries after all :p

Totally understand. Just wanted those outside the US to be aware before they get their hopes up. :happy:

Gamestop still seems to be taking preorders on all three versions (since you can still add to cart), plus they do have the medallion keychain perorder bonus - which makes me real tempted to switch my Amazon order. They do also ship to a lot more places internationally too for our fellow fans outside the US.

Totally understand. Just wanted those outside the US to be aware before they get their hopes up. :happy:

Gamestop still seems to be taking preorders on all three versions (since you can still add to cart), plus they do have the medallion keychain perorder bonus - which makes me real tempted to switch my Amazon order. They do also ship to a lot more places internationally too for our fellow fans outside the US.

Good call. I should have mentioned that in the post itself.

On a side note; get a pre-order at Gamestop as well. You can have as many pre-orders ( and cancel ) as many pre orders as you want.

You don't get charged until it ships... so play the odds and get one on both; then ( If ) Canada gets them; you can cancel both; or if we don't you can cancel the Amazon one.

I DID pre-order the Hard Cover guide off Amazon.ca though.. haha

Good call. I should have mentioned that in the post itself.

On a side note; get a pre-order at Gamestop as well. You can have as many pre-orders ( and cancel ) as many pre orders as you want.

You don't get charged until it ships... so play the odds and get one on both; then ( If ) Canada gets them; you can cancel both; or if we don't you can cancel the Amazon one.

I DID pre-order the Hard Cover guide off Amazon.ca though.. haha

Yay. Pre-ordered at Gamestop, will cancel if/when it comes to EB... I've had horrible luck using my VISA for stuff online from EB so I'm a little worried about Gamestop... plus that whole "No Non-Us PayPal" thing is really a kick in the balls, and insulting to boot, since I use PayPal for most online purchases.

Yay. Pre-ordered at Gamestop, will cancel if/when it comes to EB... I've had horrible luck using my VISA for stuff online from EB so I'm a little worried about Gamestop... plus that whole "No Non-Us PayPal" thing is really a kick in the balls, and insulting to boot, since I use PayPal for most online purchases.

Awesome.

Also; I have two copies on pre-order. One from a forum member here who put down a deposit for me.
One from my cousin ( he lives in Virginia ) who has also put a pre-order copy for me

If Canada gets these; then I'll cancel the one with my cousin ( he's ok with this since he would get Credit back )
However; this means I MAY end up with Two CE.

I've promised the second copy of the game to another forum member; but If I DO get two copies; I have no issues giving one of you the gamestop pre-order bonus ( If i get it twice ) if you aren't able to snag one.

Let me know roughly where you live and depending on that; I can either mail it to you or just meet in person.

Awesome.

Also; I have two copies on pre-order. One from a forum member here who put down a deposit for me.
One from my cousin ( he lives in Virginia ) who has also put a pre-order copy for me

If Canada gets these; then I'll cancel the one with my cousin ( he's ok with this since he would get Credit back )
However; this means I MAY end up with Two CE.

I've promised the second copy of the game to another forum member; but If I DO get two copies; I have no issues giving one of you the gamestop pre-order bonus ( If i get it twice ) if you aren't able to snag one.

Let me know roughly where you live and depending on that; I can either mail it to you or just meet in person.
I live in Chilliwack BC. And thanks a million; not used to people I meet online being nice.

I live in Chilliwack BC. And thanks a million; not used to people I meet online being nice.

I have a philosophy I live by. Everyone is nice/a decent person until they prove me wrong or break my trust. Then they're dead to me.
You've done nothing wrong; so I see no real reason not to send you it.

Of course if EB Canada DOES get these ( with the same pre-order bonus ) and you snag one; I'll send it to someone on this forum who couldn't get access to the CE/bonus.

But if Canada doesn't get these and you don't get the pre-order bonus; then I will for sure send you the second ( presuming I get two )

I have a philosophy I live by. Everyone is nice/a decent person until they prove me wrong or break my trust. Then they're dead to me.
You've done nothing wrong; so I see no real reason not to send you it.

Of course if EB Canada DOES get these ( with the same pre-order bonus ) and you snag one; I'll send it to someone on this forum who couldn't get access to the CE/bonus.

But if Canada doesn't get these and you don't get the pre-order bonus; then I will for sure send you the second ( presuming I get two )

I operate under the same general principal, which usually ends up with me getting shot dead in online games and such. And fingers crossed about EB eh?

Thanks for the update. Still expensive shipping compared to Amazon though, and still missing massive chunks of Asia. If they have stock, I'd still recommend Amazon for anyone else out in SEA, as there's still no sign of any retailers here.

Asked several retailers in Malaysia and none of them open for pre-order yet, say too soon to pre-order since it's out next year... I wonder if they have any stock at all later this year? Nevertheless, pre-ordered a PS4 CE from Amazon UK even though I want a PC version. Guess I'm going to either order again from GOG for PC version or buy a new console.

Interesting....Canada also doesn't have the Inquisitor's Edition for the new Dragon Age yet...
Suspicious!

Last edited:
Asked several retailers in Malaysia and none of them open for pre-order yet, say too soon to pre-order since it's out next year... I wonder if they have any stock at all later this year? Nevertheless, pre-ordered a PS4 CE from Amazon UK even though I want a PC version. Guess I'm going to either order again from GOG for PC version or buy a new console.

I did the same. (And also pre-ordered from GOG).
I noticed that someone asked GameOn.my in Facebook about it and were told:
Collector's Edition of all games will not be available for pre-order. They are usually for sale when released on a first-come-first-serve basis.

PlayAsia are still listing it, but there's no sign of it actually becoming available. Unless there's some announcement in the future from CDPR about a distributor agreement for SEA, I suspect that retailers will only be stocking it if they're buying from an indirect source, i.e. another retailer, which means that the Amazon price may still be the cheapest.

Top Bottom