Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i5-3570k 3,4Ghz (not overcloacked yet)
8GB RAM
GTX 760 2bg

So far I can max out and play pretty much every game at 1080, 60+ fps (vsync off and sometimes AA off too) - I hope I'll be able to max out Witcher 3 witsh some features lowered/turned off, like AA, V-Sync etc..

8GB RAM
GTX 760 2bg

So far I can max out and play pretty much every game at 1080, 60+ fps (vsync off and sometimes AA off too) - I hope I'll be able to max out Witcher 3 witsh some features lowered/turned off, like AA, V-Sync etc..

I do not want to be a buzzkill but I think that some settings on medium and some on high sounds more likely.
The devs said that maxing out the game will require a big upgrade (hence them saying to save up) and although a 760 is a good card, I think that max is firmly out of iets reach.

8GB RAM
GTX 760 2bg

I do not want to be a buzzkill but I think that some settings on medium and some on high sounds more likely.
The devs said that maxing out the game will require a big upgrade (hence them saying to save up) and although a 760 is a good card, I think that max is firmly out of iets reach.

Yea I'd say 60fps on max settings is definitely out of reach. Though I'd say a playable 30fps should be no issue, especially if he turns off AA.
So if he's able to sacrifice the 60fps he's currently getting he should be fine with that card.
The game being open world doesn't necessarily make it a giant resource hog. That's where streaming tech and occlusion culling come into effect.
Although it's all guessing at this point.
We'll just have to wait and see, it's really tough to predict anything about how this game will run, it all depends how much CDPR can optimize it and how much magic pixie dust they can cram into the engine.

How many days do we have to pre-load the game?

I don't think there has been an announcement about preloading. I really liked that they did it last time, and I hope they do it again. I don't think it needs to be a long period; 1 week would probably be enough, and any more would just make us even more impatient.

I don't think there has been an announcement about preloading. I really liked that they did it last time, and I hope they do it again. I don't think it needs to be a long period; 1 week would probably be enough, and any more would just make us even more impatient.

I too hope so, otherwise I'm gonna have to buy a retail copy due to slow speed internet.

A small update on how my new build is progressing:

Just ordered these parts:

Was originally supposed to buy the Asus Z97-A with that same 8GB Kingston HyperX memory kit separately but since the store was selling the AR model (the same as "A" but without onboard DVI/VGA ports and comes with 1 fewer SATA cables) bundled with the memory I chose that and saved 30€.

Will buy the CPU (4790k) and case (Fractal R4) once I get my pay early July so I have more money at my disposal. Although in the meantime I'll look if I can find that case used and save a bit money there as well.

Last edited:
I am convinced that: i-5 (3.3), 8gb RAM, GTX-660 Ti Witcher 3 will be free to play, if not ultra settings, the high exactly, IMHO

Yea I'd say 60fps on max settings is definitely out of reach. Though I'd say a playable 30fps should be no issue, especially if he turns off AA.
So if he's able to sacrifice the 60fps he's currently getting he should be fine with that card.
The game being open world doesn't necessarily make it a giant resource hog. That's where streaming tech and occlusion culling come into effect.
Although it's all guessing at this point.
We'll just have to wait and see, it's really tough to predict anything about how this game will run, it all depends how much CDPR can optimize it and how much magic pixie dust they can cram into the engine.

Thanks man. You guys are probably right, I might need to lower some options to medium while keeping others on Ultra to get the best balance for 60+ fps and still keep the game look beautiful. Personally me - I allways prefer the smooth experience over the graphics, even tho Im a big graphics-whore myself :D

Second question: Is it fair to believe that even on medium settings W3 PC version will look better than for example Xbox1/PS4? Because there are tons of games on the market where even low/medium settings of PC versions look better than X360 etc.

Last edited:
I am convinced that: i-5 (3.3), 8gb RAM, GTX-660 Ti Witcher 3 will be free to play, if not ultra settings, the high exactly, IMHO

What do you base that on? That set up will have trouble maxing out TW2 with all bells and whistles let alone TW3 (if we are speaking about a high resolution that is). It is all guesswork but high and ultra will probably require a fairly beefy videocard (plus the rest of the system).

http://wccftech.com/gtx-880-arrive-oct-nov/

It's just a rumor, but I think it's very plausible. If you're thinking about upgrading, hold off.

Expected, but still disappointing to see that it'll most likely be 28nm. Probably going to just stick with my SLI 680's and then if I can't run the game at max, or close to it, at 1080p and 60FPS, then I might start to look at making the upgrade. Although preferably I'd like to wait until 20nm comes, probably the big thing that might hold me back is the 2GB VRAM on these cards.

http://wccftech.com/gtx-880-arrive-oct-nov/

It's just a rumor, but I think it's very plausible. If you're thinking about upgrading, hold off.

Expected, but still disappointing to see that it'll most likely be 28nm. Probably going to just stick with my SLI 680's and then if I can't run the game at max, or close to it, at 1080p and 60FPS, then I might start to look at making the upgrade. Although preferably I'd like to wait until 20nm comes, probably the big thing that might hold me back is the 2GB VRAM on these cards.

Sad news, though if the 880gtx offers the same or better performance than a 780ti then I am making the jump, 20nm or not.
Anyway yeah, it is best to upgrade nothing right now and wait.

Darn it. I was really looking forward to getting the 20nm, 880 before the end of the year. Hopefully they can get it sorted out with TSMC.

I'm excited to see what AMD has up their sleeves as well.
Should be great bang for the buck as they've always been.

It's way better.

Which leads me to believe that either:

a) Ultra will be a HUGE jump compared to 'high'
b) Consoles won't reach the PC equivalent of 'high'
c) There's more optimization work being done for consoles than for PCs
d) We're getting a downgrade

EDIT: I know GPU ain't everything, but to be honest the CPUs are even worse compared to the regular Intel i5 or higher you'll see in a decent gaming rig.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom