Crossbows. Yay or nay?

+

Crossbows. Yay or nay?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the gameplay numerous times and the crossbow seems a good choice now. Makes flying enemies bleed, brings them down to earth, lets us target long distance in a huge open world. Seems sensible. But there better be a major time deficit for using it. I don't think bringing it out in the middle of melee with ten soldiers should have a pay off. Keep it as a hunting weapon. And the underwater bit seems weird. I know it's fantasy, but how is a crossbow supposed to work underwater??

Jupiter_on_Mars

Did you watch that second Griffon playthrough on Twitch? The progamer pulled the crossbow mid combat and finished a bandit off with two shots. Apparently, Geralt can craft bolts so maybe he'll be able to craft harpoons as well. The crossbow might also need to be upgraded for underwater combat.

Last edited:
I watched the gameplay numerous times and the crossbow seems a good choice now. Makes flying enemies bleed, brings them down to earth, lets us target long distance in a huge open world. Seems sensible. But there better be a major time deficit for using it. I don't think bringing it out in the middle of melee with ten soldiers should have a pay off. Keep it as a hunting weapon. And the underwater bit seems weird. I know it's fantasy, but how is a crossbow supposed to work underwater??

Yes, I almost agree.... if we were not talking about a witcher of the Wolf school named Geralt of Rivia... what about his igni or aard signs? Given the choice of improve why do not improve the ability to control the intensity of the power of these signs instead to intrtuduce an alien object in Geralt's hands? IMHO

I know it's fantasy, but how is a crossbow supposed to work underwater??
The same way it does above water? Why wouldn’t it work? It’ll simply not shoot as far. Projectile weapons like that are what’s actually used for hunting underwater (cf. spearguns).

Times goes by and the wound remains in my soul..... Keeping in mind I AM a cat I feel like these kittens...

The crossbow Gabriel is not suitable for shooting at a bear and a griffin, it does not enough damage. A heavy two-handed crossbow is needed here. And that Gabriel, you'd better to leave it in a purse.

View attachment 5325

Attachments

• 2014-08-15_192903.jpg
    2014-08-15_192903.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 54
I think it's a nice touch. With such an expansive open world, we needed a bit of a gap-closer. I mean, how exactly are you going to hunt flying creatures on horseback (or even just cripple them to get them into melee range), fight battles on the sea (which I am pretty sure will require some form of ranged combat), hunt normal animals for crafting supplies, and so on without it? The utility range is HUGE. I am really looking forward to seeing how everything comes together. Combat looks like a blast so far (Aard jokes incoming).

Currently still on the fence, but Yay, because they seemed useful enough in game without being too overpowered from the footage we have seen, plus they are useful against flying enemies as stated in many many posts.

How I see it, they feel like the daggers in the Witcher 2, so I do not mind them at all in terms of gameplay and how they are used as long as they do not provide the player with some godlike advantage. :cheers:

Currently still on the fence, but Yay, because they seemed useful enough in game without being too overpowered from the footage we have seen, plus they are useful against flying enemies as stated in many many posts.

How I see it, they feel like the daggers in the Witcher 2, so I do not mind them at all in terms of gameplay and how they are used as long as they do not provide the player with some godlike advantage. :cheers:

But Gabriel can't deal with a big animals like bears and gryphons, so you will need more powerful weapon (big and heavy crossbow, for example).

Please CD Projekt, delete the crossbow from the game... or at least make it opcional to use.
Geralt never use a crossbow in the books. :fury:

PS: The Game looks beautiful, and dark, is perfect (except for the crossbow :p).

Sorry for my english, have a nice day.

Geralt never use a crossbow in the books. :fury:
He didn't use bombs and blade oils either if I'm not mistaken :p The Gabriel does exit in the books, I don't see why Geralt wouldn't incorporate it into his arsenal as a tool to help him track down monsters and make his life easier overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom