Inverted Signs

+
Inverted Signs

I'm overhyped and I have coffee right next to me, so listen to this:

How about we give Geralt the ability to invert signs by casting them backwards ?

• AARD => DRAA - pulls enemies/items close to Geralt (helpful against archers and flying enemies)
  • AXII => IIXA - agitates animals or humans to attack everyone in proximity, horses to throw off riders
  • IGNI => INGI - freezes an enemy with icecold wind, slowing their movement/attacks
  • QUEN => NEUQ - weakens an enemy and lets it take twice the damage for a period of time

...yes, I am bored. We need to discuss something, right ?

Last edited:
I'm overhyped and I have coffee right next to me, so listen to this:

How about we give Geralt the ability to invert signs by casting them backwards ?

• AARD => DRAA - pulls enemies/items close to Geralt (helpful against archers and flying enemies)
  • AXXI => IXXA - agitates animals or humans to attack their allies
  • IGNI => INGI - freezes an enemy with icecold wind, slowing their movement/attacks
  • QUEN => NEUQ - weakens an enemy and lets it take twice the damage for a period of time

Oh that's what you were saying on the German Tavern. :p

I thought it was kind of weird how you spelled the signs haha.

I'm not too sure about this one though. It will make Geralt "feel" more like a mage, it is not exactly "breaking the lore" (here we go again), since it was hinted in the books that Geralt could do a few tricks with signs, but I don't know.

Also it would complicate things more, with the keys and so on. Unless it is implemented as a toggle. But then again people would have trouble if they do the opposite of what they wanted by mistake.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if the inteverted Igni sign looked like Blizzaga from Final Fantasy.

...as long as he doesn't summon Shiva in a ten minute animation, I'm fine with that.

And while we are discussing ridiculous proposals:
How about the ability to brew coffee using alchemy ?

...it'd give Geralt superhuman powers, that's for sure.

...as long as he doesn't summon Shiva in a ten minute animation, I'm fine with that.
I'm heretic with FF series, I've only played Crisis Core on PSP. But I liked Blizzaga a lot.

And while we are discussing ridiculous proposals:
How about the ability to brew coffee using alchemy ?

...it'd give Geralt superhuman powers, that's for sure.
I like the idea, I hope that it won't give him super sassy-grumpy mood al the time.

Another proposal: a sign that invert Geralt's hair colour. We'll finally find how his hair looks like under that full white head.

I'm heretic with FF series, I've only played Crisis Core on PSP. But I liked Blizzaga a lot.

It's one of the best games in the series.
Blizzaga all the way~

Another proposal: a sign that invert Geralt's hair colour. We'll finally find how his hair looks like under that full white head.

That's... that's brilliant !

If you take a close look at the Sword of Destiny trailer you'll notice
that Yennefer seems to have experimented with that spell already.

AARD and DRAA and Geralt could become master Jedi. When I say that. Well...Swamps, jedi master, swordsman, little green creature. That gameplay from swamps really reminds me of Empire strikes back. :D

Last edited:
Hehe, DRA (with one A) actually means pull in norwegian.

If not for Geralt, it would be amazing to have a section of the game where you play as Yennefer, just destroying fools with magic!

Here's another inverted sign to get back on topic:

YRDEN => NEDRY , lays a trap which launches an enemy into the air.

...that sounds like a lot of fun.

Wouldn't IIXA be used to turn your allies into enemies?

Well, in the books AXII is used to calm animals or people's minds.
The jedi mind trick AXII was introduced in the games.

If we go by the books an inverted AXII would enrage animals/humans.
Would be great to throw riders off their horses actually~

On a side note:
There are lots of sales offers on GoG.com and all of you have absolutely
no excuse not to play Memoria now. It has great storytelling~

Last edited:

• AXII => IIXA - agitates animals or humans to attack everyone in proximity, horses to throw off riders

Really interesting ideas, although those would indeed make Geralt a wizard of sorts.

Top Bottom