The Witcher 3 Prologue/Introduction

+
The Witcher 3 Prologue/Introduction

A couple of days ago I was wondering about how The Witcher 3's prologue/introduction will play out, after seeing the CGI trailer after the credits of TW2. Since the Nilfgaard invade, where will TW3 kick-off. Right at the start of invasion or a couple months down the track. I thought that it might start out a few months after Nilfgaard invade with Geralt in a peaceful village and then an army come and pillage it. We would be walked through the combat and shown all different aspects of game-play.

Please tell me your predictions on the prologue. Story-wise and where it might happen.

A couple of days ago I was wondering about how The Witcher 3's prologue/introduction will play out, after seeing the CGI trailer after the credits of TW2. Since the Nilfgaard invade, where will TW3 kick-off. Right at the start of invasion or a couple months down the track. I thought that it might start out a few months after Nilfgaard invade with Geralt in a peaceful village and then an army come and pillage it. We would be walked through the combat and shown all different aspects of game-play.

Please tell me your predictions on the prologue. Story-wise and where it might happen.

My bet is Kaer Morhem. They said they would reintroduce people to the characters and gameplay aspects, can't think of a better place to do that than KM.

Nice ideas, I can definitely see both as a great way to reintroduce players to the world.

I think we'll meet Geralt mid monster hunt. Introduce us to the tracking and combat. (Probably Drowners) then get your payment from some Nilfgaardians, which then goes REALLY south, like the Killing Monsters cinematic. Maybe on his way back to KM.

My bet is Kaer Morhem. They said they would reintroduce people to the characters and gameplay aspects, can't think of a better place to do that than KM.

What would be interesting to know is why Geralt would travel back at Kaer Mohren. At the end of the Witcher 2, I had a feeling he was going to go to Nilfgaard, immediately. Maybe he went back to meet with the other Witchers, and ask for help. That would mean, that he would have to travel south during Autumn/Winter.

But yeah I think Kaer Mohren of all places, should be used for a tutorial. I really want to run the Witcher's Path.

Maybe some flashback to the events from the books? Ciri training at kaer morhen?

My thoughts exactly. We saw Kaer Morhen in some art and the trailer (I think?) And people who haven't read the books know nothing of Ciri. She has to be introduced somehow, can't think of a better way then to do it at Kaer Morhen..?

I vote for Kaer Morhen.

1) Nice fanservice for longtime fans.
2) Kaer Morhen is a training ground for young witchers - the best spot to introduce new players
3) Kaer Morhen is confirmed and trailer starts from visiting it, it's a big HINT.

Kaer Morhen is the perfect place to start the prologue or tutorial.... However when the W2 ends, Geralt heads south when he learns from Letho that Yennefer is staying in Nilfgaard. I see it more logical to begin it with flashbacks with Ciri at Kaer Morhen rather than making Geralt ride back north. Then on his way south he meets the other witchers like Vesemir , Lambert ,Letho etc ...

Maybe some flashback to the events from the books? Ciri training at kaer morhen?
Think the same, but maybe there'll be an assault on Stygga castle? There were Ciri, Yen and Emhyr.

Thanedd coup will fit pretty good, too

But both of these scenes are slightly too big for prologue.

Top Bottom