Ciri female protagonist prequel to Witcher 3

+

Ciri female protagonist prequel to Witcher 3

• Total voters
I'll tell you what I'll do: I'll leave a pic of Ciri from today in the Hairy Bear, then we get back on topic over here OK?

Sounds like we have a deal~

Hmmmm... i just had an idea...
It probably would be best to make it as a community mod using Red Kit for Witcher 3 (if there is going to be one).
And to be honest it sounds like a great project to do.

It probably would be best to make it as a community mod using Red Kit for Witcher 3 (if there is going to be one).

I'll definately mod for the Witcher 3, I'm already familiar with Red Kit.
But I think this is a bit too huge of a project to undertake.

My first mod should be a Kinley bear companion who attacks you everytime you use a crossbow.
And then we'll see what other kind of mods will be added~

I'll definately mod for the Witcher 3, I'm already familiar with Red Kit.
But I think this is a bit too huge of a project to undertake.

My first mod should be a Kinley bear companion who attacks you everytime you use a crossbow.
And then we'll see what other kind of mods will be added~

It would require a big team for sure. But its not impossible :)

Indeed :). Loads and loads of possibilities for interesting environments.

I don´t like prequels, and what Ciri was doing these years should be explained in TW3, but future games in The Wicther series/universe, in a world were all what Geralt and company did had an effect, with Ciri or any interesting warrior as the main character, that would be very different... :D

Note: And Geralt can have a little role as a mentor in his later years, the new Vesemir, Mentor/Father of the new generation. :D

Core of The Witcher. Male Lead non Homosexual. Keep these two issues out of The Witcher. I don't think you understand how selfish Political Correctness is. "I want a Female Protagonist therefore they need to cater the entire game or remake another game based around what I want." "Geralt needs to be a Homosexual because I am." "I want what I want therefore they need to cater to me" It rips away at Authenticity.

No.

@M4cor - your post appears to have misread the topic of this thread, and is therefore inappropriate. The thread is not suggesting making Geralt female, and has absolutely nothing to do with homosexuality or political correctness.

We know that the Geralt story ends after TW3 and that this will be the last game starring Geralt. This thread is a suggestion that a future game set in the same world may use Ciri as the protagonist. Ciri is a major female character from the books, who will probably also be very important in The Witcher 3.

You may wish to go back and edit your post.

Core of The Witcher. Male Lead non Homosexual. Keep these two issues out of The Witcher. I don't think you understand how selfish Political Correctness is. "I want a Female Protagonist therefore they need to cater the entire game or remake another game based around what I want." "Geralt needs to be a Homosexual because I am." "I want what I want therefore they need to cater to me" It rips away at Authenticity.

No.

The core of The Witcher isn't about the protagonist being Male and Straight, it's about a realistic fantasy world that is influenced by European mythology and it deals with realistic things that aren't out of place in the world. Having a female protagonist doesn't automatically mean they are catering to Political Correctness.

Ciri was arguably the protagonist of the books, she was a very well written and interesting character that was critical to the story of the books and the story of The Witcher 3, with a fighting style that is similar to a Witcher, many people want her as a protagonist because of that, not just because she is female.

Since this is the last game with Geralt as the protagonist, i can't think of any other character that would be even remotely as good of a continuation as Ciri.

Since I never read the books, I will reserve judgment after playing the Witcher 3 as to whether Ciri would be an interesting enough character to create an entire game(s) around. Female characters are very tricky though, because gamers and fans alike tend to scrutinize them to a much greater degree than male characters..

Her aesthetics, whether she's too feminine or masculine, her physical capabilities, her sexuality etcetera will all be debated and obsessed over and over endlessly like FemShep. I don't mind playing a female character, but there is much more room for CDPR to screw up compared to your standard male character..

Also, the last time this question came up, several board members pointed out that Ciri is an extremely powerful character, and would be very imbalanced as a main protagonist..

Since I never read the books, I will reserve judgment after playing the Witcher 3 as to whether Ciri would be an interesting enough character to create an entire game(s) around. Female characters are very tricky though, because gamers and fans alike tend to scrutinize them to a much greater degree than male characters..

Her aesthetics, whether she's too feminine or masculine, her physical capabilities, her sexuality etcetera will all be debated and obsessed over and over endlessly like FemShep. I don't mind playing a female character, but there is much more room for CDPR to screw up compared to your standard male character..

Also, the last time this question came up, several board members pointed out that Ciri is an extremely powerful character, and would be very imbalanced as a main protagonist..

Well, you have to look at it this way:
Andrzej Sapkowski - the father of the Witcher series - already made Ciri the second protagonist of the books.
So it's only natural for people to consider continuing the games with her in the main role.

And to be honest, I think it'd work rather well.

CDPR could even introduce a new Witcher and have him travel with her, so players can choose whose path to follow
without the devs needing to alter content too much, except some diverging paths - which adds replay value.

She seems to be popular, still does nothing for me, would prefer a custom protagonist with different backgrounds, like source -mage, source-priest, elven blood source...
She is absolutely uninteresting in my case. Even if not completely custom, set protagonist, one male and one female does more for me.

Ciri would be so meh as the game's protagonist... When reading the books I remember going daaamn, her again when the story was reaching her arc every now and then...I enjoyed every other moment and character of the books more.

So if you can explain without spoiling, what's wrong with her? Is she an author's pet? Too much high fantasy? I recall Bloth not liking her either. I've only read 3 books so far but I love her as an adolescent.

So if you can explain without spoiling, what's wrong with her? Is she an author's pet? Too much high fantasy? I recall Bloth not liking her either. I've only read 3 books so far but I love her as an adolescent.

I enjoyed her as a character until I started to realize who she is...and the moment when she reached her "full power" I was like:

Author's pet. Too much high fantasy. Her being "teh source" but going through some hard knock life first - I had enough of these really. Geralt being connected with her through destiny/Law of Surprise. I don't know but it all felt kind of forced to me.

Last edited:
I enjoyed her as a character until I started to realize who she is...and the moment when she reached her "full power" I was like:

Author's pet. Too much high fantasy. Her being "teh source" but going through some hard knock life first - I had enough of these really. Geralt being connected with her through destiny/Law of Surprise. I don't know but it all felt kind of forced to me.

That doesn't bode well for the game. Hopefully CDPR can take some liberties here and make her scenario and overall relevance to the plot a more nuanced one. In the end if they have to depart from the lore to make a better story, so be it.

*ducks for cover*

Top Bottom