Homosexuality in the witcher

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the developers may have quite conservative views on sexuality and gender roles. I.E. the homosexual mage in Witcher 2.

Of course. The fact that a character is perceived some way by other characters in game, books or movie must mean that devs, author or director feels the same way.

It's not just Dem and Phil. There is very little proof in the two games of progressive attitudes among the devs.

So just because they decided to stay true to the source material and create a believable world, with believable characters (not ones that suddenly change their sexuality at the click of one dialogue option), they are suddenly not "progressive". Come on...

Just because the devs chose for that scene to go the way it did does not mean the entire team suddenly have an agenda against homosexuals.

Exactly.

Be glad that CDPR treats homosexual characters on an eye-level with other characters,
and doesn't touch them with velvet gloves (no pun intended).

They are treated just like other human beings, they go through the same crap
and that equality is the highest form of respect CDPR could give to them.

Of course. The fact that a character is perceived some way by other characters in game, books or movie must mean that devs, author or director feels the same way.

I'm just saying I'd be very surprised if Geralt can have homosexual relationships in Withcer 3 or if homosexuals are depicted differently than in Witcher 2. We could of course turn this into a bet. 100 dollars to you if there is a cool gay dude in witcher 3.

Exactly.

Be glad that CDPR treats homosexual characters on an eye-level with other characters,
and doesn't touch them with velvet gloves (no pun intended).

They are treated just like other human beings, they go through the same crap
and that equality is the highest form of respect CDPR could give to them.

The two least likeable characters in Witcher 2 are gay.

I'm just saying I'd be very surprised if Geralt can have homosexual relationships in Withcer 3 or if homosexuals are depicted differently than in Witcher 2. We could of course turn this into a bet. 100 dollars to you if there is a cool gay dude in witcher 3.

Geralt was never homosexual, that's what his character is, not again with one of those discussions about "gender romance choices" in games especially with a Pre-defined character that was in 8 books prior to the games.

No offense to any homosexual, but Phillipa Eilhart (whom is a strong character in the witcher 2 and the books) is a lesbian and even though Dethmold (looks too much like a creepy pedo) he is interesting, at least to me, especially with his backstory.

Last edited:
I'm just saying I'd be very surprised if Geralt can have homosexual relationships in Withcer 3

That will never happen, for obvious reasons expressed in this thread and countless ones before it.

if homosexuals are depicted differently than in Witcher 2.
Pelase go into detail how you think homosexuals were depicted in W2. I'm curious.

100 dollars to you if there is a cool gay dude in witcher 3.

Define "cool". Dethmold was "cool", in his weaselly ways. Phillipa is still one of my favorite characters from W2.

I think the developers may have quite conservative views on sexuality and gender roles. I.E. the homosexual mage in Witcher 2.
So because out of all the "bad"(it's grey but I have to use the word to explain) people in the game, 2 of them happened to be homosexual the devs have an agenda against homosexuality.....
:rly?:

Well you can kill your first surprise cause Geralt is not a gay. There was never any hint what so ever that Phillipa's sexuality had anything to do with why she did what she did, what about all the others involved in the conspiracy? Surely they didn't do it BECAUSE they were straight or gay.

And Shilard and Henselt (which I liked less that Philipa and Dethmold) are heterosexual. My god CDPR hates heterosexual people.

Mmmmmmm no, here you better say

" the developers may have quite conservative views on sexuality and gender roles standing closer to Sapkowsi's defined characters"

You'll can say "the developers may have quite conservative views on sexuality and gender roles" if you find this disappointment in the next CP77, a game created from inexisting previous and pre-defined characters.

Really... Well, in my opinion, Phillipa is among the top 5 characters from W2. And Dethmold is not far from them.

I completely agree.

To me Dethmold always was one of the most loyal characters in the Witcher.
Henselt trusted him more than any sorceress.

Last edited:
Are you implying that the inclusion of gay characters in Bioware games is thanks to EA?

It's just their logo, from the main website.
I think homosexual characters should be present in games - but it's not good to have them all be angels - like many mediums treat them. They are group like any other - some of them are scumbags, some of them are good.

And I don't want anything to be shoved in my throat, especially sexuality and religious matters.

And I don't want anything to be shoved in my throat, especially sexuality and religious matters.
Ahem...

But basically what he said, just because they're homosexual does not change anything other than their sexual preference and as far as I know Philippa didn't conspire using her genitalia, at least in my playthroughs. And liking/disliking characters is personal preference, to you she may not be likeable but I really liked her character and how she played everyone like a damn fiddle.

Henselt and Loredo are gay ? I didn't realise that... (these both characters are "least likeable" for me) ;)
And Philippa and Dethmold don't suffer because they are gay and they did not what they did because they are gay. Plus Dethmold is unspoiled in my playthrough 'cause I saved Triss. So what's your point ?
You reduce their complex characters to their sexualitiy - they don't deserve it !

Last edited:
Uhm guys, Ciri is bisexual and will play a huge role in TW 3. Also in the books she had a good relationship with the other girl. Forgot her name. (Was it Mistle?) So yeah, homosexuality is definately around in the witcher world, and yes they do get frowned upon in that world. Still, not every character with homosexual tendencies ends up dead.

Last edited:
Dethmold was cool character. He was an asshole but still it was well designed character. The thing i liked in him the most is that he wasn't defined by his sexuality. Hell we wouldn't even know that he is homosexual if not for going with roche in chapter 3. Im sure that there will be many cool characters in witcher 3, and honestly i hope that we won't be able to tell if they are homosexual or not, why would geralt be interested in their sexuality of other guys in the first place? He is not gay. I hate characters that scream: "HEY IM GAY AND THAT'S THE ONLY THING ABOUT ME THAT MATTER", i find it obnoxious and hope cdpr avoid it because i consider it bad writing. Homosexuals are normal people that happen to have different tastes in their sexual partners than heterosexual people, that's it. the problem is when they start to scream about it to your face for the sake of being pseudo progressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom