If the game doesn't have [blank] i will be disappointed..

+
How the hell does that relate to anything i said? Why do you feel the need to "seem" clever when we could have a decent discussion..

I will destroy your car for this.. When i get my hand on it.. I already bought my ticket..

Hey I was just wondering if I should start calling you charlie with all your dumpster and trash can looting...

Hey I was just wondering if I should start calling you charlie with all your dumpster and trash can looting...

Hey, i wouldn't do it in real life.. I'm far too lazy for that.. Perhaps thats why those guys found things worth a fortune while all i found was a longsword and some potions.. I'm not saying every dumpster would have good loot, but some might.. In a video game it is worth looking..

Also, I have no idea what do you mean with "charlie", was that a reference to something i should have known about?

I didn't get it either. I'm not cool.

On the other hand, I now see this thread title as "If the game doesn't have [plank] I will be disappointed". Immediately images of suits and techs and street people planking all over Night City spring to mind.

Sigh. it was an Always Sunny In Philadelphia reference....

And yes Sard, now thanks to you, I see scaffolding everywhere...

Sigh. it was an Always Sunny In Philadelphia reference....

And yes Sard, now thanks to you, I see scaffolding everywhere...

Even funnier. Planking was a fad. I kid you not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planking_(fad) Planking (or the Lying Down Game) is an activity consisting of lying face down—sometimes in an unusual or incongruous location.

Ah yes. I did a bit to be fair.

Now that the crash course is out the way, how about some serious planking!

(Beatles fans may recognise 'Abbey Road' from the album of the same name.)

(How about on LIVE TV!)

Or how about real extreme planking?

Perturbator's music. You know what I'm referring to.

If not that, then at least proper Day-1 support for loading your own music into the game.

Well there's a lot of things that I would ideally want for this game, but the lack of one of these will probably not affect my decision to buy it.
But my things are.

- Visual character customization, Gender, hairstyles/colors, and layered clothing.

- Ways to approach missions the way you want with a heavy focus on planning ahead. I want your carrying limit, at least in the start of the game to be fairly low, so you would have to prioritize what you want to bring and what you might need.

- housing, I really want a cramp pod apartment where nothing but me and my gear fits.

- Vehicle customization, it's a big deal for me in games and I wish I will be able to change the color of my Akira bike and ad flashy lights and stuff.

- Difficulty, I want this game to be difficult and punishing. I think this is important for the narrative of a hard and unforgiving future. If this is a harsh and dangerous future then difficulty could be a part of that narrative. Few shots will kill, but you will also be killed by few shots. Then enters the augments. Deaths would be punishing as well, where you might wake up in a hospital with a missing limb and you would HAVE to get some prosthetics.

These would be the major points that I want in the game. But I could think of a 100 more features that would be disappointing if they weren't in the game.

I will be disappointed if there will not be weight implemented. I liked it in games like "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.", because at some point I learned how to estimate the value of certain items. A bunch of guns might be cool to have and sell for a bit of cash, but ultimately it was food, medical aids, alcohol, ammo and such that mattered more. It made me fell more like a scavenger and less like a pack mule. Size and value do matter. I do hope we see a system encouraging smarter behavior than "take it all".

Creating your own soundtracks would be nice, it really drives me nuts that this isn't a common feature...

Totaly, I'd love a feature ala Fallout 3 / New Vegas, like the pip boy (but, naming it Ipod or something like this), so you could put MP3's or whatever in a file (or saved on the drive for the consoles), so you could play your music in background, even in the pnp it's said that every edgerunner move around with their music plugged in their ear, so that could be a cool feature (and no more problem of pleasuring everyone with a lot of music genre also), this + a few in game radio would be perfect

I will be disappointed if there will not be weight implemented. I liked it in games like "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.", because at some point I learned how to estimate the value of certain items. A bunch of guns might be cool to have and sell for a bit of cash, but ultimately it was food, medical aids, alcohol, ammo and such that mattered more. It made me fell more like a scavenger and less like a pack mule. Size and value do matter. I do hope we see a system encouraging smarter behavior than "take it all".

There is one in the pnp, so there are good chance your inventory will be limited, like in Deus Ex

I will be disappointed if there will not be weight implemented. I liked it in games like "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.".

Exactly what I was thinking of.
It allows you to make choices as well. Take less ammo and medical supplies and more different types of weapons, or just take your favorite and a whole lots of the other stuff.
It's so annoying in games when you have a maximum ammo value for every weapon, I always want to throw the weapon I don't use away and pick up more ammo instead.

Top Bottom